• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Haven't played Emerald in over a decade and this hack seems to be the most interesting I've seen so far. Should I wait for 2.0 or start now ?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    I just discovered this rom hack and want to know if 2.0 will be out in the next few weeks

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I just discovered this rom hack and want to know if 2.0 will be out in the next few weeks
    I've actually just finished up work on Beta 2. I've still got some testing to do before I'll release it, but it's very close to a release at this point.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    The author hasn't replied to anything here in a long time. I wouldn't bother waiting.
    I haven't been active here of late as I haven't had much of a reason to be here. I've been steadily working on the next Beta, getting closer and closer to a release, with nothing more to say other than what I already have. Plus, 2 and a half months without a post really isn't a long time in this community.

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Well crap, I just started a game and I don't wanna start over. I suppose it's not gonna be save compatible right ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Well crap, I just started a game and I don't wanna start over. I suppose it's not gonna be save compatible right ?

Due to some of the new features in Beta 2. I strongly recommend that you start over once I release it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not that far into the game so I guess I could just transfer all my pokemon to 2.0 (if that's possible) and speedrun to where I was. Any ETA and changelog ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not that far into the game so I guess I could just transfer all my pokemon to 2.0 (if that's possible) and speedrun to where I was. Any ETA and changelog ?

You should be able to use pkhex to duplicate your mons on a new save. ETA would be <10 days provided nothing goes horribly wrong in testing. A Changelog will be provided with the new release.

n0n

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Didn't know about this, thanks for the tip. For those who want to know how to import their pokemons too here's what I did : load your old save, put all your party-battle box mons into your box, Tools -> Data -> Dump boxes, then go to SAV -> Trainer Info -> Copy your TID and SID. Load your new save, Tools -> Data -> Load Boxes and then make sure your TID/SID match those of your old save, otherwise your pokemons won't be considered yours, then export save. This is all your need to do AFAIK.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    You should be able to use pkhex to duplicate your mons on a new save. ETA would be <10 days provided nothing goes horribly wrong in testing. A Changelog will be provided with the new release.

Is there changes to the main story? As i said in a previous comment i love emerald
    but i always thought the story kind of lacked. Your rival doesnt really try, these two idiot teams fighting over water and land -_- ect. Also what i think would be a good idea is getting gym leaders involved in their home town issues. Never understand why theres a powerful gym leader that stays in the gym while the town is going through a crisis? Lol, or have players like lance or steven help you out during certain situations. More double battles. You know to keep it interesting.

Havent played yet. Still waiting on the next release, but im sure this will be one of my favorites. Best of luck :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Is there changes to the main story? As i said in a previous comment i love emerald
    but i always thought the story kind of lacked. Your rival doesnt really try, these two idiot teams fighting over water and land -_- ect. Also what i think would be a good idea is getting gym leaders involved in their home town issues. Never understand why theres a powerful gym leader that stays in the gym while the town is going through a crisis? Lol, or have players like lance or steven help you out during certain situations. More double battles. You know to keep it interesting.

Havent played yet. Still waiting on the next release, but im sure this will be one of my favorites. Best of luck :)

So, there are a few extra rival battles to try and flesh out some characters a bit more, but the story at large remains pretty similar to vanilla Emerald. The only problem with adding more of those double battles like the one with Steven in Mossdeep, is that they're almost impossible to make. Otherwise, I think that would be a great idea to implement.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Does the game have Magmortar or Electivire ? Because I tried the Trade stone to evolve Magmar into Magmotar but it was not use.

Yep! They evolve via the Fire Stone and Thunderstone respectively. I'll try to make up an evolution guide before releasing Beta 2. Hope you're enjoying the hack!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Great to see you active again, Hillsy13!

I'm now entertained playing the famous hack "Dark Violet" for the first time. I choosed to play Dark Violet while I was waiting for your hack. You know, Kanto and Hoenn are my top favorites, and that's why for the past months I was trying to find a hack that just make a right improvement in those games, and even if the Kanto region with Red, Green, Oak and everybody, has the most hacks, it's at the same time the most difficult to find a quality one that real do it justice... however with the Hoenn region, I did not need to try to find much, because your hack Emerald Genesis has a description and a presentation that has everything to do justice to Emerald, because I found it simple and focused, and that's the right way to do it!

Thank you, Hillsy13!
    And sorry if I said anything wrong in any of my posts.
    I will play your entire hack and I will also do a review at the end! I'm positive it will be one of the bests! o/

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Great to see you active again, Hillsy13!

I'm now entertained playing the famous hack "Dark Violet" for the first time. I choosed to play Dark Violet while I was waiting for your hack. You know, Kanto and Hoenn are my top favorites, and that's why for the past months I was trying to find a hack that just make a right improvement in those games, and even if the Kanto region with Red, Green, Oak and everybody, has the most hacks, it's at the same time the most difficult to find a quality one that real do it justice... however with the Hoenn region, I did not need to try to find much, because your hack Emerald Genesis has a description and a presentation that has everything to do justice to Emerald, because I found it simple and focused, and that's the right way to do it!

Thank you, Hillsy13!
    And sorry if I said anything wrong in any of my posts.
    I will play your entire hack and I will also do a review at the end! I'm positive it will be one of the bests! o/

Thanks for the kind words mate! I hope you'll enjoy Beta 2 once I eventually release it.

Trainer Krow

Edgy Trainer
    Years
  • Yep! They evolve via the Fire Stone and Thunderstone respectively. I'll try to make up an evolution guide before releasing Beta 2. Hope you're enjoying the hack!

Thank you! now I can have a Magmotar in my team. I'm also really enjoying the hack and Im really looking forward for the next update!

Back