• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
  • Nope, I had tried to insert sprite to Primarina (because I made its second frame), but then I read that they still haven't discovered how to implement the animation to the new pokemon: c

Animated sprites do not work from the turtwig ID until id 1200. Only Pokémon in the first 3 generations have animated sprites. What about the crash you mentioned earlier when trying to import a sprite through PGE, how did it go? Did this error occur only with one Pokémon, or with several others? Or did I misunderstand what you wanted dier?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    I have a question how do I test the mega Pokémon are the already ready to use or I do I have to set it up and how do I get mega stone and keystone any help here please

Li Yun

Years
  • I have a question how do I test the mega Pokémon are the already ready to use or I do I have to set it up and how do I get mega stone and keystone any help here please

All Mega Evolutions are configured. You need to have the Mega Bracelet in your bag, and then hold the Mega Stone in the Pokémon. During the battle, in the moves tab, just press Start and then use some moves.
    To test the operation of the Mega Evolution system, you can create a script where The NPC delivers you the Mega Bracelet and Mega Stone, then just test during the battle.
    Here, a video demonstrating this:

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Ok I watched the video and I am new at rom hacking so how do put the mega ring in my bag sorry I am new at hacking pokemon with upgrades

Last edited:
    Years
  • Animated sprites do not work from the turtwig ID until id 1200. Only Pokémon in the first 3 generations have animated sprites. What about the crash you mentioned earlier when trying to import a sprite through PGE, how did it go? Did this error occur only with one Pokémon, or with several others? Or did I misunderstand what you wanted dier?

In PGE, I went to the Primarina data, I tried to insert the sprites with 2nd frame, but I get an error message and the PGE freezes, it must be where the 2nd frame is not programmed. And I used a "Filler" to add Arctovish and it worked, but ... I tried it leaving it as starter and the game freezes: c

Li Yun

Years
  • In PGE, I went to the Primarina data, I tried to insert the sprites with 2nd frame, but I get an error message and the PGE freezes, it must be where the 2nd frame is not programmed. And I used a "Filler" to add Arctovish and it worked, but ... I tried it leaving it as starter and the game freezes: c

What sprite? Could you send it? Maybe the problem is the sprite.
    I inserted his sprite and tested it, as you can see in the video below some error occurs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Ok so I stated mapping my game an I ran into a error on Amap when I try to add wild pokemon and I am using extended version

Li Yun

Years
  • Ok so I stated mapping my game an I ran into a error on Amap when I try to add wild pokemon and I am using extended version

Strange. Could you send an image of the error? First of all, delete the A-Map you downloaded and download again. Winrar sometimes corrupts the file by extracting it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Can the pokemon animation table be expanded too? there was a research about emerald sprite animation in case you missed it
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324207
    (although i believe the animation table should be expanded when you expanded the mons)

otherwise, can we just turn off all of the sprite animation for the sake of consistency? (there was a way to do it for non-expanded pokemon but idk if it works in expanded ones)

Anyway very good job (and generous too, saving a lot of times for people)

Last edited:

Li Yun

Years
  • Can the pokemon animation table be expanded too? there was a research about emerald sprite animation in case you missed it
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324207
    (although i believe the animation table should be expanded when you expanded the mons)

otherwise, can we just turn off all of the sprite animation for the sake of consistency? (there was a way to do it for non-expanded pokemon but idk if it works in expanded ones)
    Anyway very good job (and generous too, saving a lot of times for people)

Everything has been expanded, including the animation table. I just don't understand why 2-frame
    animation don't works on sprites from the Turtwig.
    In Modexe Emerald(HERE) there is a mod that disables emerald animation.
    It is good to be aware of the offsets that the mod will change.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    This base is great

But from the screenshots, it shows icy ball boosts the electric catch rate.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    So, when I open up this Rom in PGE, Eevee doesn't have any evolutions in it, not to mention the fact that there are only 5 evolutions slots.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    I got the Amap to work it was Winrar so I on the first gym I am keeping it as a rock gym and the tm is new item so what next to fix this thanks in advance

Li Yun

Years
  • So, when I open up this Rom in PGE, Eevee doesn't have any evolutions in it, not to mention the fact that there are only 5 evolutions slots.

The Eevee evolution table is not shown in PGE because it was configured using a different method.
    Try to evolve the eevee in the game using one of the methods described in the Evolutions.txt (which is inside the Extra Files.rar).

I got the Amap to work it was Winrar so I on the first gym I am keeping it as a rock gym and the tm is new item so what next to fix this thanks in advance

Open the spoiler "Observartions", and read information number 9.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    hi i am new at pge when i open pokemon editor it crashes and i renamed the ini

Li Yun

Years
  • hi i am new at pge when i open pokemon editor it crashes and i renamed the ini

The .ini and rom must be in the same folder, and both with the same name. After that just drag and drop the rom on the PGE.

Last edited:
    Back