• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Is there any ETA on when the rom is available with the gen 8 expansion? (aka all Galar pokemon & Galar regional variants)
    I am quite eager to make a nuzlocke randomizer for it and race it with my friends this summer holiday :)

Years
    Is there a way to modify the type chart of this rom? I've looked at tutorials but they don't match up with this rom, possibly because of fairy type being added. I can't find the offsets listed in the tutorials

Years
    • Seen today
    I can't make Pokemart sell 0xXXX items (eg Eviolite), they only sell 0xXX items. Is there any way to fix this. I don't want the player to have to find all the 0xXXX items :(((

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    Hello. Thx for the rom base. Ihave an issue tho. whenever i try to edit pokemon with PGE, it brings up an errot hat says this.

Unhandled exception has occured in your applicaiton/ If you click continuem the application will ignore this error and attemtp to continue. If you click quit, the aplicaiton will close immediately.

IvalidArgument=Value '65536' is not validfor 'SelectedIndex' Parameter name. Selected Index.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hello. Thx for the rom base. Ihave an issue tho. whenever i try to edit pokemon with PGE, it brings up an errot hat says this.

Unhandled exception has occured in your applicaiton/ If you click continuem the application will ignore this error and attemtp to continue. If you click quit, the aplicaiton will close immediately.

IvalidArgument=Value '65536' is not validfor 'SelectedIndex' Parameter name. Selected Index.

Make sure that you use the provided ini

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    When I change the name of the mega pokemon in the PGE will it affect the mega evolution in the game?
    Since I found Zard X not as good as CharizardX, I changed it...
    I haven't tested in game yet because I don't know how to grant mega bracelet and mega stone in game. So I just wanted to ask to stop this stupid name change :D
    Sorry my english is not good. It's not my mother tongue...

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    I also wanted to increase dex size, possibly to the maximum limit, which im assuming is 999, since I'm going to put quite a bit of Fakemon, as well as new regional variants and gen 8 pokemon in my hack.

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
    I apologize to everyone for my help and for not responding to everyone.
    My computer had broken down and just today I got a new one. I'll be reading and replying to everyone soon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    It's no problem! I appreciate that you're taking the time out of your day to respond to us tbh

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
    I got exp share but it's not working. How to make exp share work in this rom?
    Go to the Items Key tab, select exp share, and select the "Use" option. This way you can turn exp sharing on or off.

Is there any ETA on when the rom is available with the gen 8 expansion? (aka all Galar pokemon & Galar regional variants)
    I am quite eager to make a nuzlocke randomizer for it and race it with my friends this summer holiday :)

I will not add the 8th generation by the fact that I do not know how to insert all the new abilitys, moves, mechanics of this generation, etc.
    I don't want to insert something and leave it incomplete, so I made this available only with only the first 7 generations available at the base.

Is there a way to modify the type chart of this rom? I've looked at tutorials but they don't match up with this rom, possibly because of fairy type being added. I can't find the offsets listed in the tutorials

You will find the typechart offset in the offsets file.ini of the Engine available in the available downloadable filel on the main post.

I can't make Pokemart sell 0xXXX items (eg Eviolite), they only sell 0xXX items. Is there any way to fix this. I don't want the player to have to find all the 0xXXX items :(((

Instead of putting the hex index of the item, put the index in dec, for example: Relic Statue, your index is 831. Instead of
    why in the script: "raw word 0x33F", put this "raw word 831" (without the quotation marks).

The ini is in the same folder as the rom? Does ini have the same name as the rom? Does this happen with all Pokémon? In which part does it occur? Have you tried changing the PGE version to see if the error goes away?

When I change the name of the mega pokemon in the PGE will it affect the mega evolution in the game?
    Since I found Zard X not as good as CharizardX, I changed it...
    I haven't tested in game yet because I don't know how to grant mega bracelet and mega stone in game. So I just wanted to ask to stop this stupid name change :D
    Sorry my english is not good. It's not my mother tongue...

Changing the name of mega evolution will not cause errors in the system, you can change the name at will.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    Yo, Li. i have the issue fixed in PGE.

you should update the rom base. Dizzyeggs and the RHH Pokemon, Item and Engine upgrade have been updated to include newer stuff like generation 8 mons and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2023
    Hi there,
    first of all thank you for that amazing work!
    By combing through the patched ROM I found some Pokédex data from Gen3 messed up. For example it says that Snorunt has 14,5 m and 398 kg, however Glalie only has 0,7 m and 24 kg displayed. These values obviously do not fit.
    I believe this happened because the internal order of the Gen3 Pokémon is not the actual order in any of the Pokedexes so something went wrong.
    The displayed dex numbers are 321 and 322 which actually belong to Wailord and Numel and whose sizes and weights fit the numbers above.

Additionally almost every Pokemon's Gender Ratio (the default one) is displayed as 87.5% male, which should be at 50%. The "special" gender ratios seem to be correct, it's just the wrong default value.

And finally a question:
    You will find the typechart offset in the offsets file.ini of the Engine available in the available downloadable filel on the main post.

There are several offsets with either "effectiveness" or "table" in its name, which is the needed one? I have checked all of them but none of them goes to an offset which looks like this (image from MrDollSteak's adding Types Tutorial):
    Spoiler:

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: just found out another issue: the cry data for Unown B - ! are linked to Wobbuffet instead of Unown A. That means, that teir cry (if added) is not the one from Unown A but from Wobbuffet and this cannot be changed (they all share the same pointer).

Edit2: another issue: almost all of the move tutors tech other moves than those that are described. The old ladies at the Battle Frontier included, but here most of the real taught moves are fire punch (around half of the moves in the lists).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2021
    This looks great!
    Is there a way to expand the number of trainers without damaging any of the games code?

BlizzWhite

Stardust Hurricane.
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    I have been looking that you used something to modify Pokémon data, is it possible to use that knowledge to modify Pokémon genes (IVs), ability slots and other stuff via scripts? (In order to make up for the lack of breeding mechanics)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Thank you so much for answering the question..
    And I have one more question, if I want to change the Start Menu, where should I find the offset?
    I want the Menu to have icons like Pokemon Legend Gigatina (I know it's Ruby rom) but is there a way for Emerald?
    I only found them for FR or Ruby... So sad.. 😢

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    Is there a way to expand Pokedex data? like from the original 800 or so dex entries to the maximum possibly? SInce I am trying to add Fakemon and regional forms.

Back