• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
  • hi can I add custom moves to this?

If the effect of the move you want to create is simple, just replicate the effect of some existing move and go modifying the values until you get the desired one. For moves with more complex effects, you won't be able to add them. I can create a documentation on this, but it will take a while to finish it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2022
    When i try to edit moves with attack editor on both GT3 and PGE, the attack effects are all wrong

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    When i try to edit moves with attack editor on both GT3 and PGE, the attack effects are all wrong

I recommend you to use a tool called move animation creator its the best non decomp method of doing so and make sure to always keep a backup

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
  • When i try to edit moves with attack editor on both GT3 and PGE, the attack effects are all wrong

Use PGE version 3.8.1 to be able to correctly view the effects of the moves.
    Move the file attached in this comment into the txt folder of PGE version 3.8.1.
    Image:
    Spoiler:

Then open your rom on it and you can correctly see the effects of the moves.
    I don't recommend using PGE version 3.8.1 to edit Pokémon, because clicking on the Pokémon Editor tab the PGE will crash.

Note: For some reason this attached file is compatible only with the most current version of PGE. It will not work in previous versions. Maybe it's some mismatch of the tool, or maybe this was meant to be compatible only with the most current version.

Attachments

• PGEAttackEffects.zip
      1.8 KB · Views: 19
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2022
    Hi!
    I have done as you instructed. However, this fixed all moves from Gen IV onwards. Now the Gen III moves do not have the correct move effect applied (Attack 1 - 354 I believe).

Spoiler:

Thank you for all your help. The ROM base is amazing and I am so grateful to you!

EDIT
    I have fixed my initial problem. It opened one of the Back up ROMS that I had and it loaded as you intended.

I have noticed a few things:
    -I re-read the thread and I downloaded the links that you posted. However, they did not load the ROM correctly or at all (I made sure that the ini and the gba were in the same folder with the same name)
    -PGE 3.8.1 would not allow the Pokemon Editor to open (3.7 did).
    -GT3 will not load any of the functions available for my ROM
    -Norman's gym doors do not function correctly. They allow you through, but do not allow you back through, even after beating Norman! I manually added these doors, but the event/script for Surf does not trigger as mentioned in other posts. Is there a way to make this event happen?

Once again, thank you for the amazing ROM Base. It was really fun to play through and all the hard work that went into it is really appreciated!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hiiii, I used your base rom to create mine and added a few new eeveelutions, I saw your post where you explain the location and functionality of the eeveelutions table, but is there a way to add more evolutions to that table?

Also, is there a way to change the confusión condition rate? I mean right nos I think its 1/3 chance of a confused pokemon to hit himself, I would like to change that to 1/2, is it complicated to do this fix?

Thanks!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Is there any patches for adding back the cries, so I don't have to manually add all the cries back.
    Also is there a way I can add back the rival and evil leader theme back too?

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Is there any patches for adding back the cries, so I don't have to manually add all the cries back.
    Also is there a way I can add back the rival and evil leader theme back too?

At this time there is no patch for ether I gave up on cries to much work

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    Not sure if it's due to something I've done here, but I've noticed when I try and change the Pokedex text for a mon, when I load the game up and get that mon it is not added to the pokedex - have I done something wrong here or? TIA!

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hello! Is there any way to edit type effectiveness for this rom base? There are several offsets that refer to type or damage in the battle engine file but even if I knew which offset/'s is correct, I doubt I could understand the hex values on my own. If editing the type advantages doesn't work then could it perhaps be possible to revert to the old way of creating the advantages?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2023
    Is there a randomizer that will work with this being updated into Kazio edition?

or will radomizer be able to work with this at all??

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    Hope youre having a good day, thank you for the base..

Looked through the questions to try to make sure someone hasnt already asked, sorry if i missed it and its already here somewhere.

I'm putting custom forms of existing mons in the filler of the pokedex with PGE 3.7 and I have everything good with the exception of learnsets. On the filler slot for mons I dont see how to add more moves without using the "insert attacks at offset" button , and telling it how many moves i want , however it fills the slots with wild text and when i attempt to edit them to the desired moves PGE crashes. Right now the best solution ive come up with is to share the pointers of the alternate forms with the orignal mons, but then they might aswell have replaced the original mons in the first place.

Id like for Pidgey A to have one moveset and Pidgey B to have a different one for example. Sorry if this is something super simple, and im just overlooking something dumb, or have been staring at it for too long.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I'm not sure if this is a problem with G3T or something else, but I can only see trainers up to ID 734, so I can't edit things like the gym rematches and other misc. trainers. Is there a way to fix this or is their a trainer editor that allows me to change all of the trainers with the gen 4+ pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hello Li Yun,
    I used ver2.4 rom base, and it is great!

I noticed that the dynamic level trainer routine (0x1FFCD60) uses flag 0x280. By setting flag 0x280, the opponent's pokemon level will match the highest level in the player's party.

Could you provide other flags or variables that control other things (if there are any) in v2.4?

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2023
    Hi, I'm having an issue with all the Pokemon past Alolan Marowak. Whenever, I set a cry to one mega Pokemon EVERY thing past Alolan Marowak gets set to that cry. I'm having a tough time figuring out why this is

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi, thanks for sharing this amazing ROM base. I'm having a problem with PGE, when I try to create a new Pokémon Moveset with the option "Insert attacks at offset". I followed your video, but what I get is the number of new moves inserted (listed as Pound) plus several others move slots glitched. I followed every step, the rom is in the same folder and has the same name as the ini file, plus I followed your video but I still get that result. What am I doing wrong?Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2023
    Hello Li Yun,
    I used ver2.4 rom base, and it is great!

I noticed that the dynamic level trainer routine (0x1FFCD60) uses flag 0x280. By setting flag 0x280, the opponent's pokemon level will match the highest level in the player's party.

Could you provide other flags or variables that control other things (if there are any) in v2.4?

Thanks in advance.

Very nooby question but where would I set that flag to make all trainers scale with the player? Or would I have to set this flag on every trainer individually?

Back