• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hi I'm new to romhacking and I just wanted to say this rombase patch is great so far and it's highly appreciated. :D

Edit: Also did anyone happen to find a fix for the Norman's gym Doors disappearing issue?
    For me once you beat him you're just stuck. Wally's uncle doesn't come in and none of the doors show back up or anything and you're just trapped to spend quality time with Norman for eternity lol

Edit2: so my little quickfix was to literally just insert welcome mat blocks like at the start of the map into all the spots where the exit doors for each room would be, and that let me move backwards through rooms as I pleased without ruining the gimmick of "the doors only go further in when you beat the trainer."
    Spoiler:

That said the event doesn't trigger, but I think you can just use a workaround by making Norman give you the HM for surf or placing it somewhere on the map.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Very nooby question but where would I set that flag to make all trainers scale with the player? Or would I have to set this flag on every trainer individually?

You only need once or as needed. As long as the flag is set, every trainer will use dynamic level.

On contrary, the flag must be cleared if you want to return to non-scaling trainer battle. The flag is not automatically cleared after battle.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2023
    You only need once or as needed. As long as the flag is set, every trainer will use dynamic level.

On contrary, the flag must be cleared if you want to return to non-scaling trainer battle. The flag is not automatically cleared after battle.

Okay I get it thanks! As a follow up question where would I set the flag to get it to work properly I've tried adding
    0x1FFCD60 but gives me an error in case and only setting the flag puts and keeps both Pokemon at level 1
    So I'm a tad confused on how and where I'm supposed to write out the script.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Okay I get it thanks! As a follow up question where would I set the flag to get it to work properly I've tried adding
    0x1FFCD60 but gives me an error in case and only setting the flag puts and keeps both Pokemon at level 1
    So I'm a tad confused on how and where I'm supposed to write out the script.

No, no.
    Don't add your script at 0x1FFCD60, because that address is where Li Yun's put the ASM code.
    By adding there, it means that you will overwrite the ASM code.

Add setflag 0x280 in your own script in the free space.
    Try to add the following simple script at 0x9C9800
    Code:
    '---------------
    #org 0x9C9800
    lock
    faceplayer
    setflag 0x280
    msgbox 0x89C98A0 0x6
    pause 0x20
    trainerbattle 0x3 0x294 0x0 0x0
    pause 0x20
    msgbox 0x89C9870 0x6
    closeonkeypress
    clearflag 0x280
    release
    end

#org 0x9C98A0
    = Let's battle!

#org 0x9C9870
    = [player]: I won!

Or you can just add setflag 0x280 in the level script if you want a permanent effect. For instance, you can put in Littleroot Town/starting town level script.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2023
    No, no.
    Don't add your script at 0x1FFCD60, because that address is where Li Yun's put the ASM code.
    By adding there, it means that you will overwrite the ASM code.

Add setflag 0x280 in your own script in the free space.
    Try to add the following simple script at 0x9C9800
    Code:
    '---------------
    #org 0x9C9800
    lock
    faceplayer
    setflag 0x280
    msgbox 0x89C98A0 0x6
    pause 0x20
    trainerbattle 0x3 0x294 0x0 0x0
    pause 0x20
    msgbox 0x89C9870 0x6
    closeonkeypress
    clearflag 0x280
    release
    end

#org 0x9C98A0
    = Let's battle!

#org 0x9C9870
    = [player]: I won!

Or you can just add setflag 0x280 in the level script if you want a permanent effect. For instance, you can put in Littleroot Town/starting town level script.

Okay I might not be following you exactly as I thought.
    So, I added the sample script to the offset in XSE but it didn't see to work when I checked to see on the rival fight.

Considering I just want it permanent through the game when I went to check Littleroot Town in Advance Map and found the level script I might have used the wrong script as they're 3 different ones. Or did I need to add a new script in Littleroot Town?

Sorry in advance this must be frustrating trying to explain.

Years
  • Hello! I just defeated Norman in your rombase, and for some reason, the doors leading to the exit have disappeared, meaning that I'm now stuck inside the gym forever. Is there a way to fix that?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    Can somebody clarify how the level cap works?

I opened ModEXE and enabled "disable EXP until certain badge". The Notes file states "In offset 1FFA5B0 you will find 8 bytes, each responsible for a Badge", but that is not true. 1FFA5B0 is just free space. There are, however, 8 free bytes in the line above (1FFA5A0). I tried entering the desired level caps at 1FFA5B0 anyway, but this had no effect.

This lead me to consider the following possibilities: 1) there is a typo in the text file, and the 8 bytes that determine the level caps are actually at the offset 1FFA5A0, or 2) there is a mistake in configuring ModEXE, so the byte string actually should have been inserted at 1FFA560 instead of 1FFA550, thus placing the 8 aforementioned free bytes at 1FFA5B0 instead of 1FFA5A0. I tried making both adjustments, but neither had any effect.

I don't know if my question is clear, so I'm going to try depicting what I see when I open the ROM in HxD:

01FFA550 1F B4 86 24 24 01 07 34 00 23 08 B4 20 1C 0F 4A
    01FFA560 00 F0 18 F8 00 28 05 D0 08 BC 01 34 01 33 08 2B
    01FFA570 07 D0 F2 E7 08 BC 08 48 C6 5C 1F BC B0 42 05 D2
    01FFA580 00 E0 1F BC 64 28 01 D0 05 48 00 47 29 68 53 31
    01FFA590 08 78 04 4A 10 47 C0 46 B0 A5 FF 09 91 D7 09 08
    01FFA5A0 E9 A5 04 08 C9 A5 04 08 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    01FFA5B0 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

I'm trying to figure out which bytes I need to replace with the desired level caps.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2022
    Hey,Li Yun,I had played gba game with your ups patched.I found some problems.One was that in Verdanturf town,when your broke the rock that blocked couples,you would receive item
    called New Item instead of HM Strength,
    The other one was more serious,After you battled the main character 's father
    you would be stucked in normal gym without exit.
    Hope you fix them.

Years
    • Seen today
    @Ice-Kagen
    Scripting.

@Hexore
    This is a ROM base for your own ROM Hacking project. Not a playable game.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Hello,I want to make the EV-IV screen an item,I see that's already an option in your modexe.ini however I don't know how to remove the existing one already since it it's yellow colored and I don't seem to find a file with an offset for it in the files,would you be able to help me?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Hello, the machop, tentacool, and bellsprout evolution lines. Crash the game with glitchy moves and can't be viewed/edited in PGE without crashing it. Any solutions?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Hey! So I've been working on my own hack for some friends and I, and I would love to use this base! However, I can't seem to get PGE to work with the patched game file. No matter the version of PGE used, I'll get the "unhandled exception" error message, and with version 3.7 it says "InvalidArgument=Value of '65535' id not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. Parameter name: SelectedIndex."

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out with this, this base has basically everything I was looking for and more! It certainly seems much easier than trying to reinvent the wheel as I've been doing. Thanks for your time!

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    Hey, I can make NPCs which deliver the items which were there in emerald but I unable make NPCs which deliver the new items added by this rom base such as mega bracelet and mega stones. Can someone help me with this.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Hey! So I've been working on my own hack for some friends and I, and I would love to use this base! However, I can't seem to get PGE to work with the patched game file. No matter the version of PGE used, I'll get the "unhandled exception" error message, and with version 3.7 it says "InvalidArgument=Value of '65535' id not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. Parameter name: SelectedIndex."

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out with this, this base has basically everything I was looking for and more! It certainly seems much easier than trying to reinvent the wheel as I've been doing. Thanks for your time!

Here is a fix that helped me make sure your rom is expanded to 32mb by xse make sure to put the rom file and the ini file from the zip in the pge folder but both has to have the same name hope this helps

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    what would happen if i evolved slowpoke with a shellder on my team and while its holding the kings rock

OriginWizard

Map Maker
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    Hey has anyone tried using this base on a physical gameboy advance? I like to make roms and play them on original hardware but I've noticed most roms that have been expanced to 32mb won't work if played on a GBA, graphical glitches, loss of music or simply a black/white screen forever. This looks brilliant but I figured I'd ask first if anyone has tried this yet.

Years
    • He/his
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I was playing this as an "emerald plus" kind of rom, and I found that the tm for flash is wrong, it gives dive instead. I just fixed it in my rom with the TM/HM editor, but just wanted to let you know.
    Also I wanna ask, is there a way to disable the day/night cycle? Some sprites don't look well in night time, specially in double battles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    Hello! I am using this ROM Base, but, when i Try to make a new move, it just Fails, How can i fix this?

Last edited:
    Back