• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald - Wally Version [UPDATED!][Complete][V1.10]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 24, 2019
I registered just to comment on this hack.

Good hack, the concept is really solid. It's a clever way to both be pretty faithful to the original game while feeling fresh. Implementing the PSS would be nice, but overall the design choices are top notch.

The story does feel a little hollow as time goes on, with
Spoiler:

What is really disappointing is the v 1.10 situation. Now, the fact that's so bug ridden is disappointing, but it sounds like 1.05 is decently serviceable so that's okay. I also don't judge for running out of steam/time to fix v1.10.

What is upsetting to me is that 1.05 is poorly accessible. Bladecraft: In your original post you acknowledge the bugs and recommend v1.05. You then go on to link to the ips file *for v1.10*. You do provide alternative links behind a spoiler tag, but to beta releases, *not v1.05*. By your design, users have to go in, read enough to realize they need to get v1.05, read the link carefully to see that it's for the not-recommended v1.10, and then go to the discord to download v1.05. Discord is nice, but it's an extra step when these forums are directly accessible from google without requiring registration.

That's awful! I ended up playing through on v1.10 as a result of this (blame me too for not reading well enough, but it's not *just* my fault), and after the Elite four,
Spoiler:

A very lackluster end to a great hack that could have been avoided. I implore you to edit the original post. Put v1.10 behind a spoiler tag as a curiosity, and then re-link to v1.05 as the main download.

I thank some of the users here that linked to it directly, unfortunately those posts are never going to be as visible as an edit from Bladecraft in the original comment.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
The sprite for Wally becomes Brendan again when using the Wailmer Pail

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
I registered just to comment on this hack.

Good hack, the concept is really solid. It's a clever way to both be pretty faithful to the original game while feeling fresh. Implementing the PSS would be nice, but overall the design choices are top notch.

The story does feel a little hollow as time goes on, with
Spoiler:

What is really disappointing is the v 1.10 situation. Now, the fact that's so bug ridden is disappointing, but it sounds like 1.05 is decently serviceable so that's okay. I also don't judge for running out of steam/time to fix v1.10.

What is upsetting to me is that 1.05 is poorly accessible. Bladecraft: In your original post you acknowledge the bugs and recommend v1.05. You then go on to link to the ips file *for v1.10*. You do provide alternative links behind a spoiler tag, but to beta releases, *not v1.05*. By your design, users have to go in, read enough to realize they need to get v1.05, read the link carefully to see that it's for the not-recommended v1.10, and then go to the discord to download v1.05. Discord is nice, but it's an extra step when these forums are directly accessible from google without requiring registration.

That's awful! I ended up playing through on v1.10 as a result of this (blame me too for not reading well enough, but it's not *just* my fault), and after the Elite four,
Spoiler:

A very lackluster end to a great hack that could have been avoided. I implore you to edit the original post. Put v1.10 behind a spoiler tag as a curiosity, and then re-link to v1.05 as the main download.

I thank some of the users here that linked to it directly, unfortunately those posts are never going to be as visible as an edit from Bladecraft in the original comment.

Bad oversight that, unfortunately, has been unnoticed by me for many months.
Fixed :)

The sprite for Wally becomes Brendan again when using the Wailmer Pail

Easter egg.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 23, 2019
This is an interesting point of view. I enjoy it very much.
Some version of emerald has the physical/special split. Maybe can ask some of the hackers to introduce this important system?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
what should I do to obtain the magnimite

I guess this is a spoiler, but after you get the 5th badge, check out Petalburg Woods. Magnemite's there, and you have to deliver it to New Mauville's Power Plant. It will end up staying with you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 19, 2020
I am currently looking for Feebas.
When I used to play the original Emerald version, I never had the motivation to find it by testing all the water tiles from route 119, so I was happy to see (thank you Pokedex and spoilers :D) that it can be found underwater in routes 124 and 126).
I've been looking for it now for over an hour, I've tested a lot of underwater grass (not all of them though), even using sweet scent doesn't seem to change anything. I didn't even get to see Relicanth either so far, which is normally not that rare (5% or so, right?).
So I was wondering if there is a similar principle as in route 119, if its appearance rate is just very low, if it can be found only in a certain underwater grass area, etc. More generally how can I ease my way to find it (same for Relicanth)?

Thank you in advance for the help (I always wanted to have a Milotic but never had on gen 3) and a big thank you for this rom, apart from minor bugs and details, the story has been amazing so far! It's a refreshing approach and really feels like an other version of Emerald in itself and I love it :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2023
So uh, a little confused where to go. So I have gym badges 1, 3, 4, and 5. Brawly won't let me fight him until I have 7 badges, which is okay. Do I go to Fortree city then? I have the event Skitty, and Rosalia (obviously Ralts too) but I want to ensure I don't miss anything or skip something vital lol

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 20, 2020
So a bug that I haven't seen anyone mention is that if you don't run directly from Vendanturf to Lilycove following the Mt. Pyre cut scene, May and Birch will never appear in front of the pokemon center, which means no HM Fly or go-goggles for the remainder of the game.

I stopped by Meteor Falls to grab the Moon Stone for Skitty before heading to Lilycove, and it seems like the game doesn't process that as the proper event and won't trigger May's appearace. I even tried going back to Vendanturf and running directly to Lilycove as I was originally directed, but still nothing. Oddly enough, none of the cut scenes/important events after this seem to be affected (you meet May a couple more times and from what I can tell the interactions seem normal) and I was able to beat the game, albeit without Fly which SUCKED since only Rayquaza and Salamence learn it via level-up and Raquaza is only available post-game.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
So a bug that I haven't seen anyone mention is that if you don't run directly from Vendanturf to Lilycove following the Mt. Pyre cut scene, May and Birch will never appear in front of the pokemon center, which means no HM Fly or go-goggles for the remainder of the game.

I stopped by Meteor Falls to grab the Moon Stone for Skitty before heading to Lilycove, and it seems like the game doesn't process that as the proper event and won't trigger May's appearace. I even tried going back to Vendanturf and running directly to Lilycove as I was originally directed, but still nothing. Oddly enough, none of the cut scenes/important events after this seem to be affected (you meet May a couple more times and from what I can tell the interactions seem normal) and I was able to beat the game, albeit without Fly which SUCKED since only Rayquaza and Salamence learn it via level-up and Raquaza is only available post-game.

Apparently version 1.10 has a handful of bugs and it's recommended you play V1.05 from what I know.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Really enjoying the hack so far just got skitty. I'm wondering if rebattling gym trainers after you've defeated the gym is actually a feature because it doesn't seem to work when I now try and talk to the trainers in wattson's gym. Playing V 1.05.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2022
I want to revive my fossil but I cannot access the 2nd floor **of the Devon Corp, a guy is in the way and saying i need permission to enter**. I believe in the original emerald it is open pretty early, does anyone remember when Wally gets access?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 23, 2022
just found a potentially game breaking bug. you can beat archie multiple times at the submarine when steven is fighting the grunts, if you do this twice, he plants himself in front of the 8th gym giving you advice on using grass & electric pokemon for it, but hes standing in front of the door so you cant get in...

make sure you get the 8th gym badge asap after the first archie submarine fight, i accidentally stumbled back in there and i think it cost me my game.

Back