• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Essentials Diamond and Pearl Moves & Abilities Project

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
  • Hey! I have roost if any one wants it.
    I saw your post earlier guys. ;)
    Code:
    476,ROOST,ROOST,20,0,FLYING,Status,0,10,0,10,0,d,Cool,"The user rests it's body and recovers half of it's Max HP."
    Sorry if I'm bothering anyone, it seems like I'm off topic. ^^;
    And i bet someone already got this one, right?

Anyway, if anyone has the complete move codes, I'd like to have 'em!

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • No one got ROOST yet, however, it is slightly different apparently to the typical recover move and requires a different code.

Boon's done a whole lotta items, on 420-odd now. WILL BE DONE BY WEDNESDAY :D

Boonzeet

Years
  • Hello, I'd just like to add that for some reason terrain tag 3 returns grass, much like terrain tag 2, when it should be sand. I need to know where the control for terrain tag 3 is.

I just finished editing a footprint script, for leaving footprints in the sand/snow, making it compatible, once done the items I shall upload.

Thanks, Boonzeet.

edit;
    elsif $game_map.terrain_tag(x,y)==PBTerrain::Sand
    $scene.spriteset.addUserAnimation(GRASS_ANIMATION_ID,x,y)
    what's with that? Who put grass animation under Sand? :x

Okay, decided to hunt down the script elements and make a bike rack event -- like the bike racks seen in Eterna City.
    @>Conditional Branch: $PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::MACHBIKE)>0
    @>Conditional Branch: $Pokemonglobal.bicycle
    @>Script: pb.DismountBike
    @>
    : Else
    @>Script: pb.MountBike
    : Branch End
    @>Conditional Branch: $PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::ACROBIKE)>0
    @>Conditional Branch: $Pokemonglobal.bicycle
    @>Script: pb.DismountBike
    @>
    @>Script: pb.MountBike
    @>Text: It's a bike rack. Looks perfect for getting around with a new BIKE.
    Check for owning of the bike, checks to see whether you are on the bike, then mounts/dismounts accordingly. If neither bike is found, simply tells you what it is.

currently the image is in Kyledove's tileset, so I need to rip one from an earlier game.http://www.pokecommunity.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=4889650

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Cool. I acctually never knew that those were bikeracks that have some kind of a function. The footprints should be interesting.

Boonzeet

Years
  • The footprints is requiring me to completely recode it from scratch, not just edit it. Sorry for the inconvenience, it'll take time.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • WHAT?!

Hey mad.array!

What's up?

When I replaced my PBS txt's with yours(the DP ones) I got this error:

Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Topaz Gem
    Exception: NameError
    Message: (eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_FE
    PokeBattle_Move:644:in `pbFromPBMove'
    PokeBattle_Battle:355:in `eval'
    PokeBattle_Move:644:in `pbFromPBMove'
    PokeBattle_Battle:355:in `initialize'
    PokemonField:401:in `new'
    PokemonField:401:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:726:in `pbOnStepTaken'
    Game_Player_:447:in `update_old'
    Walk_Run:66:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK 

I have also your PokeBattle_Battle script, so I dunno what's wrong.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • Holy moly! Run out of bandwidth for a few weeks and the place gets overrun! Ok, I'm going to try and cover as many questions/issues as possible but I may end up editing this post at a later date.

@Lots of people: You need to copy the scripts.rxdata and the pbs files for Pedapp to work. It's no good just copying a few scripts as the functionality for some moves/abilities are spread about the place. This is why puddles don't work for those of you who have just copied some of the scripts accross. Originally I was just going to make a list of changes but there have been too many changes to too many scripts for me to list them all. This should apply to Fraot, Floria & Luka S.J.

As for the grass/sand thing, I've no idea what's going on there. Originally I did play with the thought of putting the footprint animation in, but I came slightly undone when I realised that you'd need 'corner' sprites for turning on your bike so that's been pushed to the back for a bit.

@Boonzeet: Yeah, the items.txt file is a bit (read a lot) outdated, but I was making the epmhasis on the moves and abilities to start with so the items were just put in for Fling and Natural Gift. The Griseous Orb and Gracidea Flower will be added at some point to change the appearance of Giratina and Shaymin, though I believe both of those also change their stats so I'll be looking at that later on.

@kitsukitty: Roost's already in there, sorry! All of the moves are in, though the descriptions are currently too long for the pages that hold them. I'm not going to claim that I'm going to be fixing them soon as this is something that individual teams can do to their own liking. some of you may want to resize the text, others might want to change the resolution. Some of you might want to change the moves description. I leave it up to the individuals to decide how they want to proceed.

Actually. That wasn't so bad.

Last edited:

Fraot

Years
  • Holy moly! Run out of bandwidth for a few weeks and the place gets overrun! Ok, I'm going to try and cover as many questions/issues as possible but I may end up editing this post at a later date.

@Lots of people: You need to copy the scripts.rxdata and the pbs files for Pedapp to work. It's no good just copying a few scripts as the functionality for some moves/abilities are spread about the place. This is why puddles don't work for those of you who have just copied some of the scripts accross. Originally I was just going to make a list of changes but there have been too many changes to too many scripts for me to list them all. This should apply to Fraot, Floria & Luka S.J.

Lol, I already solved that problem yesterday. I know that I must copy everything. But, now that I have my new summary screen and some other screens done... the pokédex doesn't work!! aaaarrrgg! it's not good! When I finally achieve something, another thing ruins.

EDIT: The pokédex works but it doesn't show either pokémon(e.g: No. 059 ARCANINE) nor sprites.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Reading often helps, smash ;)
    The Complete Version will require an analysis of your project so if you have a thread for me to look at aor a demo/beta then send me the link via PM.

Fraot

Years
  • Yay! I didn't know that making my own move effects were going to be as easy as it is.
    Now, with the excellent work of mad.array, I'm creating my own effects.

Cheers up! Everyone will like this on their game.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • Ok, Fraot! Glad you're enjoying it. hat problems are you havinf with your Pokédex? I can't think of anything that would stop it from working! I do love a good headscratcher though!

Bear with me guys, work has just kicked up a gear so my time is having to be managed very carefully! I swear I'll upload as soon as I'm satisfied that I've sorted out some of the problems that have come up.

@Boonzeet: May I use your items.txt? I haven't looked at it yet but it sounds like you've taken up the bit that I always struggle to get the enthusiasm to do. The usual crediting applies so you would be mentioned in the readme (of course!)

smashmaniac2008

GONNA SMSH YOU INTO TINY BITS!
    Years
  • A. when will the testers be done... testing.
    B. what is the surprise that may well be coming to us soon

Fraot

Years
  • Arg...

Ok, Fraot! Glad you're enjoying it. hat problems are you havinf with your Pokédex? I can't think of anything that would stop it from working! I do love a good headscratcher though!

Bear with me guys, work has just kicked up a gear so my time is having to be managed very carefully! I swear I'll upload as soon as I'm satisfied that I've sorted out some of the problems that have come up.

Yep, the pokédex is still wrong, I did finally made it work, but not completely. Because if I got a pokémon on DEBUG("Add Pokémon") or from a guy(e.g: The pokémon professor), the pokédex doesn't store it, I HAVE to see it on wild. Actually it says: "Seen: x --- Owned: x" when I use the debug to get a pokémon but it doesn't show it, i mean, either the sprite nor number nor name, but it still counts the pokémon.

BRW, I haven't tested something: what if I put a script on an event where it says: "metspcl==2" and put: "Professor Vent"?
    I'll test that.

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
    Years
  • Whenever you are in the lab, you can walk on the top of the machine on the left side, near the middle of the room.

What is with your sprite changing constantly?

Boonzeet

Years
  • Ok, Fraot! Glad you're enjoying it. hat problems are you havinf with your Pokédex? I can't think of anything that would stop it from working! I do love a good headscratcher though!

@Boonzeet: May I use your items.txt? I haven't looked at it yet but it sounds like you've taken up the bit that I always struggle to get the enthusiasm to do. The usual crediting applies so you would be mentioned in the readme (of course!)

Course! Made it for this project. I'll finish it asap.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    You need to resize the battle HUD because this guys geodude says Geodudel(v) lol.

When I open the optiions menu the battle theme plays on TOP of the music already playing!

Back