• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I've been using ba-gui-nner tool which as far as I know just packs a ton of old crap together, don't know if it could build updates or not but it seems like if you had a cia you could just decrypt and decompress it. I can post steps in a little.

Edit: Here you go: https://imgur.com/a/kEsW2

you can fill in for asia's pack if you need, I've never used it so I don't really know how it works. Ideally I'd like to figure out ctrtool, 3dstool and makerom but at the end of the day this is the easiest solution for me.

Thanks for making that, do you mind if I add it to the guide?

I'm testing it with an update cia right now, and I've run into a bit of a problem: there doesn't seem to be a rom.0000... file anywhere. Is that supposed to be an output from decrypt9 or ba-gui-nner tool?

At some point I'll stop using Asia's pack entirely in the guide. It's a great collection of tools, and very user-friendly, but he completely changes the interface so often that it's just too much of a hassle to keep the guide up to date with it. It'd be great to switch the guide over to ba-gui-nner tool, just to avoid confusion in the future.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2017
    Thanks for making that, do you mind if I add it to the guide?

I'm testing it with an update cia right now, and I've run into a bit of a problem: there doesn't seem to be a rom.0000... file anywhere. Is that supposed to be an output from decrypt9 or ba-gui-nner tool?

At some point I'll stop using Asia's pack entirely in the guide. It's a great collection of tools, and very user-friendly, but he completely changes the interface so often that it's just too much of a hassle to keep the guide up to date with it. It'd be great to switch the guide over to ba-gui-nner tool, just to avoid confusion in the future.
    Go for it, I made it specifically for that. As for the update thing, I don't really know that much about them, they may not have a proper romfs/exefs or something but I've no idea. Ideally something with ctrtool/3dstool/makerom should help with that but those are all command line things that I think the normal user won't want to use (and I've never looked into them so I don't know if they actually can or not).

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Hey where can I find the old amber or wild aerodactyl? I was hoping to use one on my team. Is it just in the same place as the normal game (rock smash in glittering cave) or is some wild poke around glittering cave holding it? I ask because it's not in your list of wild hold items in the docs.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Go for it, I made it specifically for that. As for the update thing, I don't really know that much about them, they may not have a proper romfs/exefs or something but I've no idea. Ideally something with ctrtool/3dstool/makerom should help with that but those are all command line things that I think the normal user won't want to use (and I've never looked into them so I don't know if they actually can or not).
    Awesome, thanks for that! Just to clarify before I add it to the guide, where does the romfs.0000... file come from? Does decrypt9 make it when decrypting the cia?
    I'll try those sometime, I just want to have a set of custom update cias available as an alternative installation method. They'd be prebuilt, so it'd be a lot easier for the average user to install the games that way (though they'd miss out on the cro changes).

Hey where can I find the old amber or wild aerodactyl? I was hoping to use one on my team. Is it just in the same place as the normal game (rock smash in glittering cave) or is some wild poke around glittering cave holding it? I ask because it's not in your list of wild hold items in the docs.
    Yeah, it's in the usual place. I would have put all the fossils in smashable rocks, but there's no way to edit scripts right now.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2017
    Awesome, thanks for that! Just to clarify before I add it to the guide, where does the romfs.0000... file come from? Does decrypt9 make it when decrypting the cia?
    I'll try those sometime, I just want to have a set of custom update cias available as an alternative installation method. They'd be prebuilt, so it'd be a lot easier for the average user to install the games that way (though they'd miss out on the cro changes).

Yeah, it's in the usual place. I would have put all the fossils in smashable rocks, but there's no way to edit scripts right now.

Decrypting the cia with Decrypt9 just outputs a cia that's decrypted, looking at it you won't see much difference between it and the original. when you put it in ba-gui-nner tool it uses ctrtool to get the contents out of the cia, and then 3dstool to unpack the romfs/exefs from the contents. All of these packs and tools are just frontends for ctrtool/3dstool/makerom at the end of the day so if you keep ahead on those you should be able to do anything the tools can do.

Last edited:

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
  • I was trying to play this a while ago and eventually stopped (for now) out of frustration because I feel like my entire team is too underleveled.

I just recently beat Clemont, and this time I did remember to do that big bay area with all the trainers, but, I don't know, man. I still feel underleveled. Am I supposed to be grinding, or is there somewhere after Clemont that I can go to battle more trainers?

Edit- Also, I ended up cheating in Gardevoirite because I'd have felt even more underpowered having to wait until I beat Clemont to get it.

Edit 2- Just realized, a large part of this is due to the fact that Pokemon will not gain experience when fainted, I think. This forces the player to play extremely cautiously, whereas the AI does not have to worry about that. You end up roughly within the right level range, but if you just barely win by the skin of your teeth, it's a massive long-term loss when you're dealing with a tough boss trainer, because that's a lot of experience you missed out on. This problem is amplified with the EXP Share due to the expectation balance-wise being that most of your Pokemon will stay in the fight, while without it, or with Gen 5- EXP Share mechanics, you don't need to switch all your Pokemon in against a threat, and instead train them up a few at a time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Decrypting the cia with Decrypt9 just outputs a cia that's decrypted, looking at it you won't see much difference between it and the original. when you put it in ba-gui-nner tool it uses ctrtool to get the contents out of the cia, and then 3dstool to unpack the romfs/exefs from the contents. All of these packs and tools are just frontends for ctrtool/3dstool/makerom at the end of the day so if you keep ahead on those you should be able to do anything the tools can do.
    Ah OK, thanks for clarifying.

I was trying to play this a while ago and eventually stopped (for now) out of frustration because I feel like my entire team is too underleveled.

I just recently beat Clemont, and this time I did remember to do that big bay area with all the trainers, but, I don't know, man. I still feel underleveled. Am I supposed to be grinding, or is there somewhere after Clemont that I can go to battle more trainers?

Edit- Also, I ended up cheating in Gardevoirite because I'd have felt even more underpowered having to wait until I beat Clemont to get it.

Edit 2- Just realized, a large part of this is due to the fact that Pokemon will not gain experience when fainted, I think. This forces the player to play extremely cautiously, whereas the AI does not have to worry about that. You end up roughly within the right level range, but if you just barely win by the skin of your teeth, it's a massive long-term loss when you're dealing with a tough boss trainer, because that's a lot of experience you missed out on. This problem is amplified with the EXP Share due to the expectation balance-wise being that most of your Pokemon will stay in the fight, while without it, or with Gen 5- EXP Share mechanics, you don't need to switch all your Pokemon in against a threat, and instead train them up a few at a time.
    How big is the level gap between you and the AI at that point? Three or four levels is expected for the bosses, because at that point you likely have 510 EVs on everything thanks to the EXP share. Even if they're random spreads (I don't expect super training to be necessary) they still give you a significant advantage because the AI can't have any EVs, so they get a slightly higher level to compensate. That said, if you want some quick EXP, you should go to Restaurant Le Yeah (I never remember where it is, taking a cab is recommended). As of 1.4 all but one of the trainers there use Blissey, Chansey, or Audino with silly gimmick sets, which makes for easy grinding. There's also the Battle Chateau, which eventually provides more Audino trainers and Gym Leader rematches.

You make a good point about missing out on EXP when most of your team faints in a boss fight, but the majority of your EXP should still come from all the other trainers in the game. Bear in mind that the level curve also has to account for people who have been catching lots of Pokemon, or ranking up in the Chateau; if I make it too shallow they'll wind up horribly over levelled.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2016
    Hey guys, i never played a 3DS hack rom before so just wanted to know if this is only playable on homebrewed 3DS? Is there a way to play this on the PC because i do not know of any 3DS emulators.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey guys, i never played a 3DS hack rom before so just wanted to know if this is only playable on homebrewed 3DS? Is there a way to play this on the PC because i do not know of any 3DS emulators.
    It's only playable on 3DS right now. Keep an eye on Citra's (a 3DS emulator for PC) development though; it can run ORAS at the moment, but not XY. Hopefully that will change soon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2016
    It's only playable on 3DS right now. Keep an eye on Citra's (a 3DS emulator for PC) development though; it can run ORAS at the moment, but not XY. Hopefully that will change soon.

Oh wow it can run ORAS? i didn't know that. Looking forward to the day i can run this on Citra then, will be keeping a lookout. Thanks for the info.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Oh wow it can run ORAS? i didn't know that. Looking forward to the day i can run this on Citra then, will be keeping a lookout. Thanks for the info.
    Yeah, look for the Chinese version of Citra (not sure if it runs on the official version yet). No problem, I'm happy to help.

Lithobraker

Years
  • Actually, I have hit a bit of a snag. Roserade doesn't learn any decent Poison-type moves without a TM, and Sludge Bomb is only available after the Laverre gym, which is what I need it for. I'm going to try to use a Toxic Spikes/Venoshock strategy, but I don't know how well that will work.

Edit: Also, is there a repeatable source of Leftovers? Snorlax now holds Sitrus Berries instead, unless you changed that. I checked the document, though, and it doesn't list Leftovers anywhere.

Edit 2: The Team Flare double battle with Calem in the Pokeball factory is satan. Their team seems specifically tailored to destroy Calem, and their leads are both easily capable of knocking out his Meowstic right from the start.
    I can usually get to the last part, but since they wreck Calem, it's two on one, with a Mega Pinsir and Hydreigon, both very healthy, that my last Pokemon has to deal with alone, while they both have great coverage moves.

I think it mostly stems from the fact that my ally's AI is completely brain-dead, and I have to rely on him to help me. But he really can't help me.

Edit 3: Beat them, finally. Calem's Clefable got burned so it couldn't be statused and set up a ton of Cosmic Powers to keep tanking everything, and we beat the entire right side, so Chandelure got crippled all alone and Clefable couldn't KO it, so my Sliggoo could revive a part of my team, easilly tanking Chandelure's hits with its colossal SpD for a middle stage.
    Also, for the Laverre gym, it was difficult, but the Toxic Spikes/Venoshock strategy won out in the end.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2016
    I don't really understand the instructions, can I use this rom when I play using drastic? if yes then can anyone upload the rom for me that has the insanity mode? please help me with this. I wanted to play this game.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2017
    I don't really understand the instructions, can I use this rom when I play using drastic? if yes then can anyone upload the rom for me that has the insanity mode? please help me with this. I wanted to play this game.

This is a 3DS romhack, not a DS romhack, and this only includes the patches. Completely different systems.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017

Do you plan on doing an ORAS modification too?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Actually, I have hit a bit of a snag. Roserade doesn't learn any decent Poison-type moves without a TM, and Sludge Bomb is only available after the Laverre gym, which is what I need it for. I'm going to try to use a Toxic Spikes/Venoshock strategy, but I don't know how well that will work.

Edit: Also, is there a repeatable source of Leftovers? Snorlax now holds Sitrus Berries instead, unless you changed that. I checked the document, though, and it doesn't list Leftovers anywhere.
    Leftovers are held by wild Munchlax 100% of the time. You can find them on the same route the Snorlax event was on (Route 5? I forget the number, but it's the one by the daycare. Pretty sure they're in the purple grass.)

Edit 2: The Team Flare double battle with Calem in the Pokeball factory is satan. Their team seems specifically tailored to destroy Calem, and their leads are both easily capable of knocking out his Meowstic right from the start.
    I can usually get to the last part, but since they wreck Calem, it's two on one, with a Mega Pinsir and Hydreigon, both very healthy, that my last Pokemon has to deal with alone, while they both have great coverage moves.

I think it mostly stems from the fact that my ally's AI is completely brain-dead, and I have to rely on him to help me. But he really can't help me.
    Yeah, I wanted to make some of the Team Flare boss battles a little more memorable, so those two wound up being a pretty significant difficulty spike. Calem's Meowstic is just supposed to set up a screen or two and faint, and the rest of his team is pretty mediocre at that point. I probably should have changed some text and given him mega evolution at that point so he was a little more helpful.

Edit 3: Beat them, finally. Calem's Clefable got burned so it couldn't be statused and set up a ton of Cosmic Powers to keep tanking everything, and we beat the entire right side, so Chandelure got crippled all alone and Clefable couldn't KO it, so my Sliggoo could revive a part of my team, easilly tanking Chandelure's hits with its colossal SpD for a middle stage.
    Also, for the Laverre gym, it was difficult, but the Toxic Spikes/Venoshock strategy won out in the end.
    Glad you got through it! Targeting one side is definitely the best way to approach those multi battles, once you get the battle down to a two on one it's much more manageable. What's your team at this point? It sounds interesting.
    Responses in bold.

Do you plan on doing an ORAS modification too?
    It's something I might do at some point, but I'd like to finish my Platinum mod and maybe do Sun and Moon first. In the mean time I'd recommend Drayano's Rising Ruby and Sinking Sapphire mods if you haven't played them already.

I'll be uploading a couple of quick fixes today; apparently I haven't updated the Viola nerf file sets since May, so those have been fixed and are available now. I'll also get hking0036's improved CFW installation guide sorted later today.

EDIT: New guide is up.

Last edited:

Lithobraker

Years
  • Glad you got through it! Targeting one side is definitely the best way to approach those multi battles, once you get the battle down to a two on one it's much more manageable. What's your team at this point? It sounds interesting.
    uf9pL1t.png

Decided to make one of these for my team. This is my current team(exploring Frost Cavern) at a glance. I eventually left my Delphox back in the PC because I was kind of getting tired of it and wanted to use something else, so I caught and trained up Sekhmet over there. The three on the right are in my PC, but those three slots are being rotated out as needed.
    uf9pL1t

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    uf9pL1t.png

Decided to make one of these for my team. This is my current team(exploring Frost Cavern) at a glance. I eventually left my Delphox back in the PC because I was kind of getting tired of it and wanted to use something else, so I caught and trained up Sekhmet over there. The three on the right are in my PC, but those three slots are being rotated out as needed.
    uf9pL1t
    Oh wow that's a pretty big roster, there must be quite a bit of grinding involved in keeping them all levelled. Looks well balanced though, and I do like the nicknames (might have to steal that Escargoo one if I ever use a Goodra). Is Luxray performing well with Strong Jaw?

Back