• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Here you go: jmp(.)sh/vOdOPLC (sorry, can't post links yet so just remove the brackets)
    I actually built a v1.4 CIA of Eternal X a few days ago with 5.3, it worked fine for me. Are you getting the error of it not being able to find 3DS Builder? Because if so you have to run SetupUS.exe and install the programs first then run HackingToolkit3DS.exe. For some reason Asia's switched to having all the separate tools physically installed to Program Files rather than just having them packed as a portable tool, kinda shitty.

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
  • Hey, little problem, I see Lapras listed as having Recover added to its moveset, but the Level Up Moves document doesn't have anything. I'm definitely using the Rebalanced one, since Icicle Crash is listed there at Level 56.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Here you go: jmp(.)sh/vOdOPLC (sorry, can't post links yet so just remove the brackets)
    I actually built a v1.4 CIA of Eternal X a few days ago with 5.3, it worked fine for me. Are you getting the error of it not being able to find 3DS Builder? Because if so you have to run SetupUS.exe and install the programs first then run HackingToolkit3DS.exe. For some reason Asia's switched to having all the separate tools physically installed to Program Files rather than just having them packed as a portable tool, kinda ****ty.
    Awesome, thanks! I might not actually need it after all if v4.4 doesn't have an installer, but thanks anyway! Can't say I like Asia's new install set up either, seems unnecessary.
    3DSB works, the problem is the CR command; instead of building a cia it just makes a "CustomRomFS" file, then makes a few other files and deletes them before stopping. I assume it's running into some sort of problem but doesn't have an error message for it. Is there any chance you could try building the custom patch some time? I'd be interested in seeing whether or not it actually works.

Hey, little problem, I see Lapras listed as having Recover added to its moveset, but the Level Up Moves document doesn't have anything. I'm definitely using the Rebalanced one, since Icicle Crash is listed there at Level 56.
    Looks like that change didn't actually make it into the game, thanks for reporting it! Lapras now learns Recover at level 44. I've uploaded the corrected game files and documents; sorry for making you download them again.

EDIT: I've also temporarily uploaded version 4.4 of Asia81's 3DS hacking toolkit to the EXWY Google drive; I'll leave it up until I get around to updating the installation guide.
    EDIT 2: Google apparently views that as abuse, so I've taken it down. Probably being overly cautious, but I don't really want to lose the account over it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    3DSB works, the problem is the CR command; instead of building a cia it just makes a "CustomRomFS" file, then makes a few other files and deletes them before stopping. I assume it's running into some sort of problem but doesn't have an error message for it. Is there any chance you could try building the custom patch some time? I'd be interested in seeing whether or not it actually works.

I'm happy to try but you might need to give me instructions because I've never done patches before and I have no idea how.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm happy to try but you might need to give me instructions because I've never done patches before and I have no idea how.

Should be pretty straightforward, you'll just have to copy some files into the 5.3 pack hack folder, run it and type CR to build a patch cia. I'll upload the files for X next time I'm at my PC (probably in the next 24 hours) if you could upload whatever the hacking toolkit makes out of them some time that'd be great. Thanks for trying this, by the way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Should be pretty straightforward, you'll just have to copy some files into the 5.3 pack hack folder, run it and type CR to build a patch cia. I'll upload the files for X next time I'm at my PC (probably in the next 24 hours) if you could upload whatever the hacking toolkit makes out of them some time that'd be great. Thanks for trying this, by the way.

No worries, happy to give it a shot.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    No worries, happy to give it a shot.

So it turns out I can't extract a cia with 5.3 either, this is going to be a bit of a hassle. You'll have to do the following:
    • Download the update cia (I'll put one on the google drive)
    • Put it in the pack hack folder, run the toolkit and type "ce" to extract it
    • Upload the extracted update so I can edit it
    • Download the edited update
    • Paste it into the pack hack folder and type "cr" to rebuild it
    • Upload/test the edited update

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    I downloaded a prepatched cia of Eternal X 1.4 Legal from 3dschaos. Still no wild Pokemon changes. I noticed when starting the game the bottom corner says "Ver 1.5". Is it supposed to be that version? I don't have any update files for the game, so I'm wondering if he patched a cia that already has the update applied to it.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    After I choose the game from the Homebrew menu, the screen goes black and seems to be stuck there. Currently trying to play the Insanity version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I downloaded a prepatched cia of Eternal X 1.4 Legal from 3dschaos. Still no wild Pokemon changes. I noticed when starting the game the bottom corner says "Ver 1.5". Is it supposed to be that version? I don't have any update files for the game, so I'm wondering if he patched a cia that already has the update applied to it.
    It's definitely not supposed to be version 1.5, seems likely he's built the update into it after applying the hack and overwritten some of the changes.

After I choose the game from the Homebrew menu, the screen goes black and seems to be stuck there. Currently trying to play the Insanity version.
    X or Y? Did you copy the folders in the "hans files" folder to the root of your SD card? That's usually a problem with the shortcut or the romfs; I'm pretty sure the files are OK this time but I'll double check later today.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    It's definitely not supposed to be version 1.5, seems likely he's built the update into it after applying the hack and overwritten some of the changes.

X or Y? Did you copy the folders in the "hans files" folder to the root of your SD card? That's usually a problem with the shortcut or the romfs; I'm pretty sure the files are OK this time but I'll double check later today.

X. Now it doesn't even show up on the launcher :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    X. Now it doesn't even show up on the launcher :(
    I've just tested the files out, everything's working for me. Can you check the folders in your SD card?
    • In [Name of your SD Card]/hans/ you should have EternalX.code and EternalX.romfs
    • In [Name of your SD Card]/3ds you should have EternalX.smdh and EternalX.xml
    • In [Name of your SD Card]/3ds/hans/titles you should have EternalX.txt

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    So it turns out I can't extract a cia with 5.3 either, this is going to be a bit of a hassle. You'll have to do the following:
    • Download the update cia (I'll put one on the google drive)
    • Put it in the pack hack folder, run the toolkit and type "ce" to extract it
    • Upload the extracted update so I can edit it
    • Download the edited update
    • Paste it into the pack hack folder and type "cr" to rebuild it
    • Upload/test the edited update
    Weird, I can't extract the CIA either... It says it extracted it successfully but there aren't any files in the folder afterwards.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Weird, I can't extract the CIA either... It says it extracted it successfully but there aren't any files in the folder afterwards.

Yeah, that's what's been happening for me too, except sometimes it spits out a romfs. Think I'll just wait for the next version of the toolkit and try again then.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I've just tested the files out, everything's working for me. Can you check the folders in your SD card?
    • In [Name of your SD Card]/hans/ you should have EternalX.code and EternalX.romfs
    • In [Name of your SD Card]/3ds you should have EternalX.smdh and EternalX.xml
    • In [Name of your SD Card]/3ds/hans/titles you should have EternalX.txt

All the files are in the right places, when I boot up the HomeBrew menu, it just gives me a folder with the name "hans".

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Out of curiosity, are the Mart item changes present in the Rebalanced and Legal versions? I've got Insanity X and Rebalanced Y and in X I have both pricing and item changes (e.g. $40 Cherish Balls instead of $200 Pokeballs) but in Y I only see pricing changes ($40 Pokeballs instead of $200 Pokeballs).

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    All the files are in the right places, when I boot up the HomeBrew menu, it just gives me a folder with the name "hans".
    That's strange, do the other Homebrew apps work? Might be worth replacing all the files, I'm not sure what's going on there.

Out of curiosity, are the Mart item changes present in the Rebalanced and Legal versions? I've got Insanity X and Rebalanced Y and in X I have both pricing and item changes (e.g. $40 Cherish Balls instead of $200 Pokeballs) but in Y I only see pricing changes ($40 Pokeballs instead of $200 Pokeballs).
    Should be in all versions, I might have an outdated code.bin in the Y download. Fixing it now.
    EDIT: All the changes are there on my end, you might have a .cia without the .code changes. Sometimes the toolkit extracts a .code.bin without the first ".", so just copying the files over leaves you with two code.bin files and the wrong one gets used when rebuilding. You'll probably have to build another .cia.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2017
    Just as a heads up - your install guide still covers just .3ds files, but it's just as easily done with a .cia if you do a Deep Decrypt with decrypt9 and then unpack it, and repack it normally. I've not used Asia81's thing, but I use another basic tool that unpacks and repacks roms and not had any issues whatsoever doing .cias directly - if someone wants a .cia I'd recommend they just get one instead of converting a .3ds, you could probably add that and cut out the conversion steps.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Just as a heads up - your install guide still covers just .3ds files, but it's just as easily done with a .cia if you do a Deep Decrypt with decrypt9 and then unpack it, and repack it normally. I've not used Asia81's thing, but I use another basic tool that unpacks and repacks roms and not had any issues whatsoever doing .cias directly - if someone wants a .cia I'd recommend they just get one instead of converting a .3ds, you could probably add that and cut out the conversion steps.

That sounds a lot better than what's currently in the guide, thanks for letting me know about it. I'll take a look into it and hopefully get the guide updated. If you don't mind me asking, what's the name of the tool you use? Do you know if it supports building game updates too?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2017
    That sounds a lot better than what's currently in the guide, thanks for letting me know about it. I'll take a look into it and hopefully get the guide updated. If you don't mind me asking, what's the name of the tool you use? Do you know if it supports building game updates too?
    I've been using ba-gui-nner tool which as far as I know just packs a ton of old crap together, don't know if it could build updates or not but it seems like if you had a cia you could just decrypt and decompress it. I can post steps in a little.

Edit: Here you go: https://imgur.com/a/kEsW2

you can fill in for asia's pack if you need, I've never used it so I don't really know how it works. Ideally I'd like to figure out ctrtool, 3dstool and makerom but at the end of the day this is the easiest solution for me.

Last edited:
    Back