• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
So, I can't figure out how to get pk3ds working with the hack files. I keep getting invalid game errors. Do I need to dump the game for the proper files? Or does it work with just the hack files? I've fiddled around with the program a little before but never finished anything concrete. It's been awhile since I used it too.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
So, I can't figure out how to get pk3ds working with the hack files. I keep getting invalid game errors. Do I need to dump the game for the proper files? Or does it work with just the hack files? I've fiddled around with the program a little before but never finished anything concrete. It's been awhile since I used it too.

Yeah, it needs the whole game dump to work unfortunately. Once you've dumped the game you can just merge the hack's "a" folder into the dump's "a" folder, and then copy the a/2/1/8 file back to the hack once you're done editing it.

I'm not sure how well the level curve will work without the exp share, but hopefully it won't be too steep (or will at least be okay with Lucky Eggs).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
any chance this could be citra friendly like the rom hacks of omega ruby alpha sapphire sun and mon and ultra sun and ultra moon done by dio_vento? would be nice if it was a nice easy setup then having to use a 3ds to make the games ot play on my citra im not sure if homebrew can be used on citra. ( i just love easy setups )

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
any chance this could be citra friendly like the rom hacks of omega ruby alpha sapphire sun and mon and ultra sun and ultra moon done by dio_vento? would be nice if it was a nice easy setup then having to use a 3ds to make the games ot play on my citra im not sure if homebrew can be used on citra. ( i just love easy setups )

I'm currently working on an easy citra set up guide for my USUM hack, and most of it will also apply to this hack. It'll require a single program, a ROM and some patience, so it should be pretty easy. Has Dio done something extra to get his hacks set up for citra? Last time I played them he just had the files set up for luma and hans, similar to what I have now.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Is there any way to put the quick egg hatch onto the rebalanced or legal version of EXWY?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I'm currently working on an easy citra set up guide for my USUM hack, and most of it will also apply to this hack. It'll require a single program, a ROM and some patience, so it should be pretty easy. Has Dio done something extra to get his hacks set up for citra? Last time I played them he just had the files set up for luma and hans, similar to what I have now.

ah ok and no he hasnt its pretty much a simple extract ( if you have the rom ) add the changes you want with pkhex and then repack it together and it works. It was pretty simple without having to use homebrew at all did it in less then 3 minutes which made it super easy to understand then play without issues.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is there any way to put the quick egg hatch onto the rebalanced or legal version of EXWY?
There is, but it's a bit of a hassle if you don't have pk3DS set up and a full XY ROM available. I do have a small update planned for EXWY later this week though, so if you don't mind waiting I'll add that feature to the other versions then.

Where are the rivals in the Important Trainers Parties pdf?
I never got around to adding them to it I'm afraid. There are six different teams for each rival battle, and four versions of each of those across all the versions of the hack, so adding them is quite a lot of work that I'm unlikely to do any time soon. I'd be happy to add their teams without movesets or items if that would be of any use to you though.

ah ok and no he hasnt its pretty much a simple extract ( if you have the rom ) add the changes you want with pkhex and then repack it together and it works. It was pretty simple without having to use homebrew at all did it in less then 3 minutes which made it super easy to understand then play without issues.
Ah right, it'll be a similar process with these hacks, no 3DS required at all. Hopefully I'll get a guide explaining the whole process up later this week.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I just noticed there are still issues with pokemon x and y roms not bypassing after creating your name in the beginning dont know if the rom hack will solve that they say its some sort of audio issue i think but im not sure if it is or not.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I just noticed there are still issues with pokemon x and y roms not bypassing after creating your name in the beginning dont know if the rom hack will solve that they say its some sort of audio issue i think but im not sure if it is or not.

The hack probably won't fix any issues Citra has with the base games unfortunately. From what I understand, XY uses its own audio system instead of the default 3DS system, and support for that has only recently been added to Citra, so it's likely to need some refining before it works perfectly.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 17, 2022
Hey I just encountered a wild Torchic on route 2, but it wasn't listed in the wild encounter document list, :) is it updated?
Also the Santalune poke mart doesn't sell any TMs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey I just encountered a wild Torchic on route 2, but it wasn't listed in the wild encounter document list, :) is it updated?
Also the Santalune poke mart doesn't sell any TMs.
Yeah the documents are fine, the Torchic is a one time only encounter which isn't listed with the regular Pokemon for that route. Usually if the marts aren't working it means you need to uninstall the game update, as the files in that override the ones in the hack.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've just updated the games to version 2.4, which adds a Citra installation guide, a new TM, and fast hatching eggs to all versions, as well as a few move and item buffs to the rebalanced versions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2019
So you say all pokemon are enabled in this hack, I say enabled because even pokemon excluded in official releases of the games are in the code and are actually just disabled from appearing in the opposite version to which they are exclusive (Ex: Palkia is actually present within the code of Diamond, just has its spawn code disabled), does that mean you've enabled all pokemon from all regions/generations to be obtainable through either of these and does that extend to all legendaries including version exclusives? By that, I mean am I able to capture the legendary birds (Gen 1), legendary dogs (Gen 2), Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza (Gen 3), Dialga/Palkia/Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit (Gen 4), Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem (Gen 5), as well as both Xerneas and Yveltal all in one single version of this hack, along with all non legendaries, without having to somehow transfer from a trade capable remake of previous versions or each other? I ask because, while I do intend to play the other games capable of trading to X/Y normally anyway just for having records of all leagues beaten and all regions available to me for play, I am trying to gain a master collection up to the X/Y pokemon all in one place and doing so via ROM hacks is much more difficult than just playing through each and trading them over multiple physical game systems into an actual physical copy of the game.

Last edited:

FishLightning

Water/Electric
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 20, 2023
I've tried drag and drop install for both X and Y rebalanced versions and it's stopped the game from opening (it gets stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen that plays when you start a game). The versions I have installed go back to working perfectly once the files are deleted from my luma folder. I already have gotten another hack (Star Sapphire) working perfectly fine through the same drag and drop method.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
So you say all pokemon are enabled in this hack, I say enabled because even pokemon excluded in official releases of the games are in the code and are actually just disabled from appearing in the opposite version to which they are exclusive (Ex: Palkia is actually present within the code of Diamond, just has its spawn code disabled), does that mean you've enabled all pokemon from all regions/generations to be obtainable through either of these and does that extend to all legendaries including version exclusives? By that, I mean am I able to capture the legendary birds (Gen 1), legendary dogs (Gen 2), Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza (Gen 3), Dialga/Palkia/Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit (Gen 4), Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem (Gen 5), as well as both Xerneas and Yveltal all in one single version of this hack, along with all non legendaries, without having to somehow transfer from a trade capable remake of previous versions or each other? I ask because, while I do intend to play the other games capable of trading to X/Y normally anyway just for having records of all leagues beaten and all regions available to me for play, I am trying to gain a master collection up to the X/Y pokemon all in one place and doing so via ROM hacks is much more difficult than just playing through each and trading them over multiple physical game systems into an actual physical copy of the game.
Yep, all 721 Pokemon in XY can be encountered and captured in either version of the hack. Details are in the wild Pokemon locations document, which is included with the download and available on the hack's Google drive.

I've tried drag and drop install for both X and Y rebalanced versions and it's stopped the game from opening (it gets stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen that plays when you start a game). The versions I have installed go back to working perfectly once the files are deleted from my luma folder. I already have gotten another hack (Star Sapphire) working perfectly fine through the same drag and drop method.
I can't replicate this freeze on my end. Have you made sure the official update for XY isn't installed? I'm not too sure what else would be causing that, normally if it's a problem with the files it affects everyone who tries to use them.

FishLightning

Water/Electric
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 20, 2023
Well I've gotten it working now after reinstalling X, though I'm not sure how since I had already tried that last night.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Sky trainers won't acknowledge my Farfetch'd and won't battle me.
That's not a hack-related issue unfortunately. Farfetch'd can't be used in sky battles because its model isn't flying, same as Hawlucha and a few other flying types.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
Hi, I just downloaded this, and I'm following the installation guide, but when I have luma to the root of the sd card, and I hold select upon start up, the luma menu does not appear. How can I fix this?

Back