• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2018
    Hah, I considered that but I thought it was far too simple a solution. Thanks!

And yeah, Citra's still broke. I've just been dumping all my 3DS roms recently and wanted to get everything prepared.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    Good to hear you're enjoying the hack! If you followed the install guide, you'd have to unpack the spoof cia, replace the code.bin file in it with a clean copy of the official update's code.bin, then rebuild and reinstall it. It's a bit of a hassle if you're not familiar with building cia files, but I can try to help you if you want to give it a go.

If you used Buley's code.bin file, you can simply delete that from your 3DS SD card and that should remove all of the mart changes.

Your save would be 100% safe with either option; EXWY doesn't make any changes that affect save compatibility.

Thank you for the positive and helpful response!

I actually researched how to mess with cia files, but ended up getting my butt kicked in the fighting gym and decided to keep the mart changes so I could get some extra TMs, which led me to buying the Ice Punch TM and finding out that nearly everyone can learn it! Which lead to some testing, and figuring out what was wrong:

The TMs which got swapped (TM48 Round=>Ice Punch, etc) are teaching the swapped move, but using the restriction list of the original move. So everyone (except my Honedge) can learn Ice Punch, since that was swapped with Round.

Would the swapping of the code.bin for the official update also revert the changed TMs?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thank you for the positive and helpful response!

I actually researched how to mess with cia files, but ended up getting my butt kicked in the fighting gym and decided to keep the mart changes so I could get some extra TMs, which led me to buying the Ice Punch TM and finding out that nearly everyone can learn it! Which lead to some testing, and figuring out what was wrong:

The TMs which got swapped (TM48 Round=>Ice Punch, etc) are teaching the swapped move, but using the restriction list of the original move. So everyone (except my Honedge) can learn Ice Punch, since that was swapped with Round.

Would the swapping of the code.bin for the official update also revert the changed TMs?

You're welcome!

Ah yeah the TM compatibility information is part of the Pokemon data file, which is unedited in the online version, so that's definitely the problem there. I didn't actually make the online versions and never thoroughly tested them, so I wasn't aware that was an issue until now. Guess I'll have to patch in the right compatibility lists or remove the TM changes at some point.

You're spot on; swapping to the official code.bin would revert the TM changes and fix the compatibility issues.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Hey! Pretty minor thing I noticed but I thought it would be worth bringing up. I've run into several Torkoal with Steam Eruption, but that's not actually listed in the Pokemon changes document. Good idea including it though! Reminds me of an old Torkoal evo I made that was Fire/Water type.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey! Pretty minor thing I noticed but I thought it would be worth bringing up. I've run into several Torkoal with Steam Eruption, but that's not actually listed in the Pokemon changes document. Good idea including it though! Reminds me of an old Torkoal evo I made that was Fire/Water type.

I think I actually meant to remove that after Torkoal got Drought (seeing as the two don't work well together), but must have missed it on a few trainers. Thanks for reporting this! Not sure what I'll do about it yet but adding it back in is the easiest option.

It's a shame Torkoal still doesn't have an evo, it'd be nice to have another Fire/Water type.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I just beat Wulfric and I thought I should mention, most of the time his Pokemon were attacking each other rather than me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I just beat Wulfric and I thought I should mention, most of the time his Pokemon were attacking each other rather than me.
    Huh, thought I fixed that one a while back. Guess I must've missed Wulfric's AI. It's definitely fixed now though, and I've updated the Pokemon changes file to include Steam Eruption Torkoal. Thanks again for reporting the problems you find!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    So this doesn't need an emulator like citra? I just have to install it and play? are there any minimum requirements (my pc is pretty old)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So this doesn't need an emulator like citra? I just have to install it and play? are there any minimum requirements (my pc is pretty old)

It does need an emulator if you want to play it on PC, but citra still can't run XY so the only way to play is by installing it on a modded 3DS. If citra ever gets that sorted it runs best on a PC with a fast processor and a dedicated GPU, though I'm not sure what the absolute minimum requirements for it are.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    You can download lunar ips instead and use it to apply the code.ips patch to the clean code.bin you have; it shouldn't be hard to find a download for it.
    Also, (just in case you're not aware) unless something major has changed with Citra, XY doesn't work on it and will constantly freeze.

I've been wanting to do the same thing - tried just patching the code.bin with LIPS but it immediately crashes Citra upon attempting to run the game. Same thing happens with Prismatic Moon. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind uploading the code.bin for Eternal X/Prismatic Moon?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I've been wanting to do the same thing - tried just patching the code.bin with LIPS but it immediately crashes Citra upon attempting to run the game. Same thing happens with Prismatic Moon. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind uploading the code.bin for Eternal X/Prismatic Moon?
    I have no idea why the patch isn't working, but sure thing; I've uploaded the code.bin files for all of my hacks to their google drives. Note that the .code files for USUM hacks came from the title updates, so hopefully they work with Citra. I don't remember if they were any different from the ones in the base games, but if they are they might not work properly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    Why did you decide to switch some of the pokemon Attack stat with the Special Attack stat? It doesn't make that much sense to me, especially with pokemon like Pidgeot and Gigalith, which I feel like would make more sense having them as Physical attackers than Special ones.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Why did you decide to switch some of the pokemon Attack stat with the Special Attack stat? It doesn't make that much sense to me, especially with pokemon like Pidgeot and Gigalith, which I feel like would make more sense having them as Physical attackers than Special ones.

I made Pidgeot a special attacker because mega Pidgeot is a special attacker, and regular Pidgeot is essentially a mixed attacker; its attack is only slightly less terrible than its special attack. Having it focus on special attacks also helps to differentiate it from most of the other Normal/Flying types. As for Gigalith, that change was based on some of its Pokedex entries, which mention it absorbing sunlight and using it to fire energy beams, which makes it seem like it should be a special attacker to me.

Sceptile and Gourgeist had their attacking stats swapped around just because they have move pools that favour their weaker stat, so I thought that would make them more interesting to use.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    hi I'm starting rebalanced version, but I'm finding rather easy to my opinion, so I really want to start Insane version. Is there any problem erasing the current patch I put on my console and put Insane patch? Any conflict with my savegame?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    hi I'm starting rebalanced version, but I'm finding rather easy to my opinion, so I really want to start Insane version. Is there any problem erasing the current patch I put on my console and put Insane patch? Any conflict with my savegame?

Nope, that'll work just fine. Save files from the hack will even work with the vanilla game, so you can switch versions whenever you want.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Nope, that'll work just fine. Save files from the hack will even work with the vanilla game, so you can switch versions whenever you want.

Fantastic. I already made the switch to insane version. Beat Viola without nerf patch and now I'm exploring route 4.

Thursday I bought my first 2ds, and Eternal X is my first game on newer gens (I didn't event tried XY vanilla, just went right to this patch) and it couldn't make me more happy. Thanks for this. It's amazing. And let me tell you, I really hope one day you can make a ORAS patch, and even a SM patch. This is perfect. Thanks for everything :D

EDIT: Minor bug, in first battle with Sycamore, the triple one with the three starters, his pokemons hit themselves alone. Weird bug

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Fantastic. I already made the switch to insane version. Beat Viola without nerf patch and now I'm exploring route 4.

Thursday I bought my first 2ds, and Eternal X is my first game on newer gens (I didn't event tried XY vanilla, just went right to this patch) and it couldn't make me more happy. Thanks for this. It's amazing. And let me tell you, I really hope one day you can make a ORAS patch, and even a SM patch. This is perfect. Thanks for everything :D

EDIT: Minor bug, in first battle with Sycamore, the triple one with the three starters, his pokemons hit themselves alone. Weird bug

Thanks for the kind words! Hope you enjoy the rest of the hack. Well done beating Viola, a lot of people struggled with her.

An ORAS hack is a maybe; I could do it fairly quickly as all the Pokemon changes can be copy-pasted over from EXWY, and those are the most time-consuming part. I'm currently working on an Emerald hack (which would make an ORAS hack a little redundant) but I could certainly do both at some point. I probably won't make a SM hack as it's very similar to USUM.

That Sycamore bug is what happens when a single battle is changed to something else and the trainer AI setting isn't updated. I'll get that fixed shortly and double-check some of the other boss fights to make sure they don't have the same problem. Thanks for reporting the bug!

EDIT: The fixed files are up now. Turns out the second battle with Sycamore had the same problem, so that's been corrected too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Thanks for the kind words! Hope you enjoy the rest of the hack. Well done beating Viola, a lot of people struggled with her.

An ORAS hack is a maybe; I could do it fairly quickly as all the Pokemon changes can be copy-pasted over from EXWY, and those are the most time-consuming part. I'm currently working on an Emerald hack (which would make an ORAS hack a little redundant) but I could certainly do both at some point. I probably won't make a SM hack as it's very similar to USUM.

That Sycamore bug is what happens when a single battle is changed to something else and the trainer AI setting isn't updated. I'll get that fixed shortly and double-check some of the other boss fights to make sure they don't have the same problem. Thanks for reporting the bug!

EDIT: The fixed files are up now. Turns out the second battle with Sycamore had the same problem, so that's been corrected too.

Thank you for updating the game so quickly. Amazing. Reaching 11 hours, and enjoying every minute. Although I would like to see more pokemons on every trainer, but it's difficult at the same time, because there is a risk of getting tired walking a single route battling through 40 pokemons haha.

Anyway, congratulations again for the hack. In the next weeks I'll upload some pics showing how many hours I'm putting here. Like a child haha

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thank you for updating the game so quickly. Amazing. Reaching 11 hours, and enjoying every minute. Although I would like to see more pokemons on every trainer, but it's difficult at the same time, because there is a risk of getting tired walking a single route battling through 40 pokemons haha.

Anyway, congratulations again for the hack. In the next weeks I'll upload some pics showing how many hours I'm putting here. Like a child haha

Yeah I saved the bigger trainer teams for Victory Road; it does get tiring battling full teams in every single route, so generic trainers won't usually have more than three or four Pokemon before then.

Haha, I look forward to seeing those pics!

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2018
    What's the latest title update supported for this rom hack? I've tried ver 1.4 and couldn't boot the game.

Back