• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2022
    Had a quick question. Me and my friend have been getting into emulated pokemon on our phones, but since this isnt just a simple X or Y patch, were wondering how we could get this hack onto a copy of X and Y for citra mobile.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Had a quick question. Me and my friend have been getting into emulated pokemon on our phones, but since this isnt just a simple X or Y patch, were wondering how we could get this hack onto a copy of X and Y for citra mobile.
    It's more or less the same process as on PC (you can follow the install guide for most of it), but there are some extra steps before you can copy the hack's files to your phone:
    1. On your phone, open Citra and accept any prompts it gives you.
    2. There should now be a folder named "citra-emu" on your internal storage. Open this, then create a folder in it named "load".
    3. Create another folder in "load" named "mods".
    4. Copy the title ID folder (the one with all the numbers in its name) from the hack's files to the "mods" folder on your phone.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2022
    Thank you so much!!! Got it working maybe an hour ago and so far am loving even changes to the game!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    I am using Citra 1985 and can't find "Open Update Data Location" and the game is not going past the fletchling from the intro I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I am using Citra 1985 and can't find "Open Update Data Location" and the game is not going past the fletchling from the intro I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.
    If you can't find it that's fine, means you don't have the update installed. See if you can get past the intro without the hack installed, that's most likely a ROM or citra issue as the hack doesn't touch the intro.
    Where did the Drive docs go? They are not avaliable anymore :(
    They're still there, I just updated the link. Had to replace the entire folder because people were getting an outdated/unusable link from other sites and spamming me with access requests for it. Fortunately they can't request access to a deleted folder!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    Thank you. For some reason my smart brain download Eternal X while i have pokemon Y. All problem fixed when i re-downloaded the Wilting Y version.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2021
    Hey mate,

I have an issue when trying to setup the rom appropriately, I am unable to find the Lunar IPS program that is mentioned in the documentation to finish applying the hack.

I have checked all the folder under Game Files in both versions and all the folders there.

Any help in checking the documentation to assist in finding the program cause I am unable to find it.

Cheers.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey mate,

I have an issue when trying to setup the rom appropriately, I am unable to find the Lunar IPS program that is mentioned in the documentation to finish applying the hack.

I have checked all the folder under Game Files in both versions and all the folders there.

Any help in checking the documentation to assist in finding the program cause I am unable to find it.

Cheers.
    Hey, I assume you were following the old "EXWY Citra Guide" document? It's incredibly outdated and was mistakenly reuploaded when google forced me to update the link to the hack - Lunar IPS is no longer needed to install the hack. You should follow the "Citra Install Guide" instead.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Hey there new to this site, I've just installed eternal x on citra android and wondered if the save glitch was still active and the best way to avoid it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey there new to this site, I've just installed eternal x on citra android and wondered if the save glitch was still active and the best way to avoid it.
    Hey, yeah that glitch is still there, the install guide or any old info source on vanilla XY has details on how to avoid it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2021
    Hello there. I just recently beat Wilting Y and I felt obligated to tell you how much I LOVED it.

I'd been thinking about giving 6th gen a try, but felt discouraged due to how easy it is. Then I found your hackrom, which fit perfectly what I was looking for. I installed insane Wilting Y, and boy, I wasn't disappointed at all. Unnerfed Viola gave me more trouble than 90% of Ultra Moon did.
    The amount of attention to detail that you put in is astonishing, and I adore how instead of just leveling everyone up 20 levels or something, you took your time to carefully construct their teams to make the most of the game's mechanics, almost like competitive teams. The moment Viola opened with a rain dance Surskit I knew I was in for a ride.
    I love when RPGs tie story and level progression closely without having to grind, it feels like those extra levels aren't wasted. Also, all those quality of life improvements like the hidden abilities, easier movesets and megastones are appreciated, SPECIALLY the MOs buffs, they didn't feel like a burden anymore.
    The added difficulty also made me appreciate the soundtrack much more. I swear, the 6th gen has a killer ost that wasn't matched by the encounters, but in this hackrom the ost and battles synergized so well it made me feel like this is how the original game should've been.

At the end, when I finally reached the hall of fame, I felt so... accomplished, and I don't think vanilla Y would've make me feel anything similar. Also, I found a shiny that I'm so transferring to Ultra moon :P

Thank you so much for this experience. I hadn't felt so moved by a Pokemon game in long

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello there. I just recently beat Wilting Y and I felt obligated to tell you how much I LOVED it.

I'd been thinking about giving 6th gen a try, but felt discouraged due to how easy it is. Then I found your hackrom, which fit perfectly what I was looking for. I installed insane Wilting Y, and boy, I wasn't disappointed at all. Unnerfed Viola gave me more trouble than 90% of Ultra Moon did.
    The amount of attention to detail that you put in is astonishing, and I adore how instead of just leveling everyone up 20 levels or something, you took your time to carefully construct their teams to make the most of the game's mechanics, almost like competitive teams. The moment Viola opened with a rain dance Surskit I knew I was in for a ride.
    I love when RPGs tie story and level progression closely without having to grind, it feels like those extra levels aren't wasted. Also, all those quality of life improvements like the hidden abilities, easier movesets and megastones are appreciated, SPECIALLY the MOs buffs, they didn't feel like a burden anymore.
    The added difficulty also made me appreciate the soundtrack much more. I swear, the 6th gen has a killer ost that wasn't matched by the encounters, but in this hackrom the ost and battles synergized so well it made me feel like this is how the original game should've been.

At the end, when I finally reached the hall of fame, I felt so... accomplished, and I don't think vanilla Y would've make me feel anything similar. Also, I found a shiny that I'm so transferring to Ultra moon :P

Thank you so much for this experience. I hadn't felt so moved by a Pokemon game in long
    Hey! Thanks for in-depth feedback and for your kind words, much appreciated! Glad my hack made Y into an enjoyable experience for you, that was definitely the goal when making it.

Yeah I liked XY's soundtrack too, though you don't get to hear much of it in the vanilla games as the battles are usually over in three or four turns haha. Congrats on the shiny!

And you're welcome!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2022
    I was wondering if there is a way to play the Legal Version of this rom hack, but just without the change to wild Pokemon. I just want to play X and Y, but with an actual challenge to it: important trainers with stacked out teams, gym leaders later on with full teams and maybe a mega evolution, rivals with an op teams with a mega evolution and things of that sort.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I was wondering if there is a way to play the Legal Version of this rom hack, but just without the change to wild Pokemon. I just want to play X and Y, but with an actual challenge to it: important trainers with stacked out teams, gym leaders later on with full teams and maybe a mega evolution, rivals with an op teams with a mega evolution and things of that sort.
    Yep you just need to delete the a/0/1/2 file in the hack's folder. This will also remove the the increased levels for wild mons but there's no way to avoid that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2021
    Hey, the hack should work perfectly with a physical cartridge. The legal version seems to be fine on my end, so maybe the crash dump would help. If you could send it through that'd be great! The other thing you could do for now is double check the title update isn't installed.

I am SO sorry I completely forgot about this! Life can be so hectic sometimes... anyway, here's the dump file; as far as I know, anything relating to the title update is uninstalled, unless I need to go into the SD card's directory to delete something.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YvZvoUubF1t6kr1tglIdl9OcC2Os53BQ/view?usp=sharing

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I am SO sorry I completely forgot about this! Life can be so hectic sometimes... anyway, here's the dump file; as far as I know, anything relating to the title update is uninstalled, unless I need to go into the SD card's directory to delete something.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YvZvoUubF1t6kr1tglIdl9OcC2Os53BQ/view?usp=sharing
    No problem! Ah, that's not a human readable file, nothing I can do with that. What was the issue you were having? I can't see it in the last few pages, must've been quite a while ago!

Back