• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I don't know what happened then, or how to fix it. It worked before I deleted the title ID folder, now it gives that error screen.

You could do some research on what the error means. Might be able to find something on gbatemp or another homebrew site that would explain the problem.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Hi Buffel Saft
    I have completed your Eternal X and I loved it. Now I am trying to make my own mod (for private use), that uses your Eternal X changes and applies my own modifications and so far it works great (using PK3ds).
    I have a problem however, with editing pokemarts and other store items, since they are "overwritten" by your changes, and from what I can understand it is because of the code.ips file (correct me if I am wrong).
    My question is: how many things does the code.ips change and is it necessary? So far from what I have tested it changes the item shops and what move the TMs map to, but are there other? Bacause if there are no other changes, I can just manually add the code.ips changes in PK3ds so that it does not "overwrite" my own item store changes and such.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi Buffel Saft
    I have completed your Eternal X and I loved it. Now I am trying to make my own mod (for private use), that uses your Eternal X changes and applies my own modifications and so far it works great (using PK3ds).
    I have a problem however, with editing pokemarts and other store items, since they are "overwritten" by your changes, and from what I can understand it is because of the code.ips file (correct me if I am wrong).
    My question is: how many things does the code.ips change and is it necessary? So far from what I have tested it changes the item shops and what move the TMs map to, but are there other? Bacause if there are no other changes, I can just manually add the code.ips changes in PK3ds so that it does not "overwrite" my own item store changes and such.
    Hey, thanks! I don't remember exactly what's in the code.ips, it's been years since I made those changes. IIRC pk3DS sorts all the exefs/code.bin stuff into its own window, so anything in there that's been changed is most likely in the code file.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Thats alright and thank you for the response. I am just gonna mess around and see what happens then ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Hi Buffel Saft
    I've beaten the game many times and admire the talent of making Pokémon harder, stat changes, and other Pokémon types.
    I have a doubt, I have been trying in multiple ways to randomize the game to play with a friend. Do you know of any way?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi Buffel Saft
    I've beaten the game many times and admire the talent of making Pokémon harder, stat changes, and other Pokémon types.
    I have a doubt, I have been trying in multiple ways to randomize the game to play with a friend. Do you know of any way?

Hi, thanks! AFAIK pk3DS is the only way to do that. Should be plenty of tutorials around that explain how; just skip any steps that tell you to rebuild the ROM afterwards as that hasn't been necessary for a long time (use layeredFS instead).

Years
    Hey, just wanted to let you know that I've used a few of your changes for my own lite X/Y hack, since they're just really good (specifically I'm using Evolution changes, Incense on wild mons, and purchasable Mega Stones verbatim, just as they are in your hack. I'm trying to not use too many of your changes so that my hack stands on its own two legs without copying too much off of more popular ones, lol).
    Looking through the thread, it sounds like you're super cool with it as long as credit is given, which I'm absolutely giving on my thread and changelog, but I wanted to let you know, just in case. Thanks in advance, and good job on all you do!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, just wanted to let you know that I've used a few of your changes for my own lite X/Y hack, since they're just really good (specifically I'm using Evolution changes, Incense on wild mons, and purchasable Mega Stones verbatim, just as they are in your hack. I'm trying to not use too many of your changes so that my hack stands on its own two legs without copying too much off of more popular ones, lol).
    Looking through the thread, it sounds like you're super cool with it as long as credit is given, which I'm absolutely giving on my thread and changelog, but I wanted to let you know, just in case. Thanks in advance, and good job on all you do!
    Hey, yep that's no problem at all. Good luck with your hack!

spurkl3z

deleted user 678573
    Years
    • no/thanks
    • Seen Nov 12, 2022
    can you get protean froakie as starter? trying to get my brother to play wilting y as his first gen 6 game

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    When I first entered grass in route 2 I encountered a torchic but had no poke balls and haven't been able to encounter another so far is it a one time encounter or am I just not looking I the right spot?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    When I first entered grass in route 2 I encountered a torchic but had no poke balls and haven't been able to encounter another so far is it a one time encounter or am I just not looking I the right spot?

Howdy!

So as stated in the "Game Tips" tab in the original post, it says:

The Torchic on Route two is a one-time encounter, and comes with Speed Boost and Blazikenite. It's a guaranteed catch, so throw a Cherish Ball at it and it'll be just like the Torchic event that was available when X and Y launched.

So unfortunately, it seems you might be out of luck unless you restart. Sorry about that :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023

Having the same issue. I literally can't catch the Torchic because I can't get Pokeballs before I encounter it. Even if I hack them in with PKSM, it won't allow me to use any. Super frustrating atm as it's basically ensuring that I can't progress through the game unless I want to give up on catching the Torchic.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Having the same issue. I literally can't catch the Torchic because I can't get Pokeballs before I encounter it. Even if I hack them in with PKSM, it won't allow me to use any. Super frustrating atm as it's basically ensuring that I can't progress through the game unless I want to give up on catching the Torchic.
    What's stopping you from buying some Poke balls in Aquacorde?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    What's stopping you from buying some Poke balls in Aquacorde?

To be honest, I had assumed you couldn't buy them (most of the games don't let you buy pokeballs before you've done the catching tutorial, forgot that X did) and hacked them in. I figured my hack somehow glitched the game and was causing the pokeballs to not appear in battle, but I restarted my save after you sent that message and turns out my game just doesn't... let me use pokeballs? Even when bought they're just not showing up as usable in pokemon battles. Perhaps I got a bad rom dump? Something went wrong somewhere. The game did crash me quite a few times in the beginning, but I initially thought it was a conflict with my streaming software on my 3DS.

I'm gonna do another one and try again. Sorry for bothering ya!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    To be honest, I had assumed you couldn't buy them (most of the games don't let you buy pokeballs before you've done the catching tutorial, forgot that X did) and hacked them in. I figured my hack somehow glitched the game and was causing the pokeballs to not appear in battle, but I restarted my save after you sent that message and turns out my game just doesn't... let me use pokeballs? Even when bought they're just not showing up as usable in pokemon battles. Perhaps I got a bad rom dump? Something went wrong somewhere. The game did crash me quite a few times in the beginning, but I initially thought it was a conflict with my streaming software on my 3DS.

I'm gonna do another one and try again. Sorry for bothering ya!
    That's very strange, there's definitely something wrong with the ROM there haha. Just to be sure, you haven't got the title update installed right? That can cause issues but usually the game won't boot at all in that case.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    Is there any way to bypass level caps? My pokemon have reached too high a level and won't listen to me. Are they supposed to do that within the hack or not? I'm not super good at the game so having them at a higher level helps a lot, thanks for the help if anyone sees this.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Is there any way to bypass level caps? My pokemon have reached too high a level and won't listen to me. Are they supposed to do that within the hack or not? I'm not super good at the game so having them at a higher level helps a lot, thanks for the help if anyone sees this.
    Yep just use mons you caught instead of traded mons. That only happens to Pokémon that weren't originally yours, same as vanilla.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    Of course I only tested this on two Pokémon… the two I traded for.. Thank you so much and sorry for the waste of time. I'm still kind of a newb.😅

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    Thank you, man.
    I've been wanted to play XY for long. And hearing about this chalanging dificulty makes me excited.

Back