• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I already have the 3ds/cia file now as like i said i managed to get a backup so dont need to the hours long dumping thing, i have already made the changes via your guide to the adding the a folder and overwriting, i have the cia file on the SD root (after following the CFW bit), but how do i know install CIA files? I have this FBI cia installer but i cant see any way to actually install the pokemon y cia file now i've done all the changes...plus there seems to be no info on this, should it just work? Whenever i click on the cia files in FBI the only options i get are delete, rename, copy and paste...no "install" option either.

I am not sure what you mean with the luma 3ds stuff or the a9lh as i already have the cia read to go on the sd card, and fbi on there too, i am just having no way to install the file like in the last step of your guide, am i being dumb? I did everything in ur guide fine but cant get fbi to install the cia. Or do i need to install completely custom fireware on top of himebrew to even get this hack working? I assumed from your guide you just needed homebrew up and running...

If in doubt...i assume the easiest method would be just to get the physical y card then i should be able to just pop that in, launch homebrew, click your shortcut and it'll work immediatly fine, correct?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I already have the 3ds/cia file now as like i said i managed to get a backup so dont need to the hours long dumping thing, i have already made the changes via your guide to the adding the a folder and overwriting, i have the cia file on the SD root (after following the CFW bit), but how do i know install CIA files? I have this FBI cia installer but i cant see any way to actually install the pokemon y cia file now i've done all the changes...plus there seems to be no info on this, should it just work? Whenever i click on the cia files in FBI the only options i get are delete, rename, copy and paste...no "install" option either.

I am not sure what you mean with the luma 3ds stuff or the a9lh as i already have the cia read to go on the sd card, and fbi on there too, i am just having no way to install the file like in the last step of your guide, am i being dumb? I did everything in ur guide fine but cant get fbi to install the cia. Or do i need to install completely custom fireware on top of himebrew to even get this hack working? I assumed from your guide you just needed homebrew up and running...

If in doubt...i assume the easiest method would be just to get the physical y card then i should be able to just pop that in, launch homebrew, click your shortcut and it'll work immediatly fine, correct?

So just to clarify, you're running FBI from a shortcut in the homebrew channel, meaning you've got something like menuhax installed, but no EmuNAND? I'm pretty sure FBI can't install unsigned/custom .cia files without signature patching, which means it won't be able to install the hack .cia without a CFW set up.

But yeah, without custom firmware you can just go the cart + shortcut route, that's definitely the easiest way to get the hack running.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    So, was wondering, can anything more be done in terms of additions or features do you know? Like for example with the next lot of games coming in the future i wondered if anything more could be done with this rom, or if it's just a case of small edits and balances if need be, like for example i take it new art work, sounds, sprite etc are not possible in being able to be added.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So, was wondering, can anything more be done in terms of additions or features do you know? Like for example with the next lot of games coming in the future i wondered if anything more could be done with this rom, or if it's just a case of small edits and balances if need be, like for example i take it new art work, sounds, sprite etc are not possible in being able to be added.

New art, sounds and sprites are all actually very easy to do; you can even replace the textures on the 3D models fairly easily. Once we get an emulator with a working debugger it should be possible to do almost anything with the games. I'd love to have proper events (or at least Hoopa rings like ORAS) for all the legendary Pokemon, and maybe add the ORAS megas at some point.

Right now though, 3DS ROM hacking is limited to things you can find and change easily with a hex editor. I can do simple things like making potions or ability capsules infinitely reusable, but more complex things like map editing are almost impossible.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Hi, I cant seem to find the download link for these. Maybe im just blind :S Also which would you recommend playing? are they both the exact same?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi, I cant seem to find the download link for these. Maybe im just blind :S Also which would you recommend playing? are they both the exact same?

Just click the "Download" text in the OP, it'll take you to Google Drive where you can download the files for EX or WY. They're almost exactly the same unless you play Insanity, which has a few slightly different Trainer battles in each version. Which version you play is up to personal preference.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I just want to know what kind of flatform i should be using for this hack is this only for a 3ds emulator like desmume or can i play it using an nds emulator for android?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Just click the "Download" text in the OP, it'll take you to Google Drive where you can download the files for EX or WY. They're almost exactly the same unless you play Insanity, which has a few slightly different Trainer battles in each version. Which version you play is up to personal preference.

Ahh! Thank you very much! I thought it was only a heading and not an actual link haha. My bad. Thank you again :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I just want to know what kind of flatform i should be using for this hack is this only for a 3ds emulator like desmume or can i play it using an nds emulator for android?
    It's only playable on a hacked 3DS for now; XY freezes in a lot of places on the 3DS emulator.

Ahh! Thank you very much! I thought it was only a heading and not an actual link haha. My bad. Thank you again :)
    You're welcome! It does look more like a heading than a link now that you mention it, think I might need to fix that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Hey, can you confirm druddigon is definitely in glittering cave? I've been in and out about 10 times and I know it's only 5% chance of appearing but it's almost like it isn't present. Can I increase my odds somehow of it appearing? Only one I've had trouble with so far.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, can you confirm druddigon is definitely in glittering cave? I've been in and out about 10 times and I know it's only 5% chance of appearing but it's almost like it isn't present. Can I increase my odds somehow of it appearing? Only one I've had trouble with so far.

Just checked, it's definitely not there; sorry about that! Hope you didn't spend too much time looking for it. I've got an update with quite a few minor changes on the way in the next couple of hours, I'll make sure that gets fixed as part of it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Is it possible to play it in a 3ds emulator for android? Or is it only playable in a pc?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a 3DS emulator for android yet. You could play on PC, but certain parts of the game have a 100% freeze rate, so it's impossible to progress without a using a 3DS to get the save game past those points.

Edit: for anyone interested, version 1.3 is now available for the Legal and Rebalanced versions; Insanity will be updated later this week, along with the nerf files for Viola. This version tweaks a few trainer teams, fixes mistakes from earlier versions and adds a few minor Pokemon buffs to the Rebalanced versions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a 3DS emulator for android yet. You could play on PC, but certain parts of the game have a 100% freeze rate, so it's impossible to progress without a using a 3DS to get the save game past those points.

Edit: for anyone interested, version 1.3 is now available for the Legal and Rebalanced versions; Insanity will be updated later this week, along with the nerf files for Viola. This version tweaks a few trainer teams, fixes mistakes from earlier versions and adds a few minor Pokemon buffs to the Rebalanced versions.

Is it possible to play it in a desmume emulator? If not, what 3ds emulator should i use for pc? I know other people who wants to play this game too. So please help us. And thank you for answering my questions. And another thank you in advance for your help.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Just checked, it's definitely not there; sorry about that! Hope you didn't spend too much time looking for it. I've got an update with quite a few minor changes on the way in the next couple of hours, I'll make sure that gets fixed as part of it.

LOL omg xD

Ok just played 1.3, do i need to be well away from the zone or area of glittering cave when i load my save? I've just buzzed in and out the last 10 mins 4 or 5 times...still no druddigon :(. Are we certain it's in? I rebuild the romfs the same way...is there a way i can confrim i am running 1.3 because i can't see it in the cave still :(.

edit1

Ah yeah it's there, good good xD! Thanks :).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Is it possible to play it in a desmume emulator? If not, what 3ds emulator should i use for pc? I know other people who wants to play this game too. So please help us. And thank you for answering my questions. And another thank you in advance for your help.
    The only 3DS emulator at the moment is citra. It's still in development though, so a lot of games don't work properly yet and unfortunately XY is one of them. There's a Chinese build of it around that can run ORAS though, last I heard they were working on getting XY to work next; you might want to keep an eye on it. Hope that helps!

LOL omg xD

Ok just played 1.3, do i need to be well away from the zone or area of glittering cave when i load my save? I've just buzzed in and out the last 10 mins 4 or 5 times...still no druddigon :(. Are we certain it's in? I rebuild the romfs the same way...is there a way i can confrim i am running 1.3 because i can't see it in the cave still :(.

edit1

Ah yeah it's there, good good xD! Thanks :).
    That's a relief! You're welcome, hopefully the rest of the documents are actually accurate.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    The only 3DS emulator at the moment is citra. It's still in development though, so a lot of games don't work properly yet and unfortunately XY is one of them. There's a Chinese build of it around that can run ORAS though, last I heard they were working on getting XY to work next; you might want to keep an eye on it. Hope that helps!

Is citra for pc? And is it where this game should be played?
    Thanks for the help.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    I downloaded a pre patched cia of Eternal X 1.2 and it has the difficulty increase for opponent trainers, but there aren't any additional Pokemon added to any routes. Did I download an incorrectly patched cia?

For example route 22 is meant to have Mankeys, Seedots and more according to the documents, but none are there.

I tried to download 1.3 and patch it myself but it's pretty complicated. Could someone PM me a pre patched link please?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Is citra for pc? And is it where this game should be played?
    Thanks for the help.
    Yeah, citra is for PC. It still can't play XY yet, but it probably will be able to in the future. The game should be played on an actual 3DS; nothing else can play it right now, unfortunately.

I downloaded a pre patched cia of Eternal X 1.2 and it has the difficulty increase for opponent trainers, but there aren't any additional Pokemon added to any routes. Did I download an incorrectly patched cia?

For example route 22 is meant to have Mankeys, Seedots and more according to the documents, but none are there.

I tried to download 1.3 and patch it myself but it's pretty complicated. Could someone PM me a pre patched link please?
    It sounds like you have a game update installed. The cia is probably fine; uninstalling the update from system settings should fix the problem.
    Sorry about the horrible installation process. Once I'm sure there are no more changes that need to be made to games I'll release a set of xdelta patches to skip the ROM building part, which will cut the whole process down to a few clicks. I would send you a cia link but my upload speed is terrible, it'd take a few days for me to build and upload 10 different cia files with every update.

Back