• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    insanity legal and rebalanced, also isn't there a way to play with the update. your ultra sun and moon hack can be played with the update
    Ok, and are you playing X or Y? Asking because I want to avoid testing all 10 versions of the hack if possible 😅, that'd be very time consuming. Sadly no, the XY update refuses to work after it's edited, so the hack has to be played without it. If you've got the update installed it's probably the cause of the problem.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2021
    Hello, I just started playing your pokemon y rom hack. There's one problem I encountered. I apologize if you mentioned it already but i noticed my pokemon doesn't get any status effect eg: if it gets poisoned it doesn't take damage over time. I'm currently playing the insanity mode. Haven't gone much further to the game so i don't know if it's the same case for npc trainers or not. Can you help me out with this??

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello, I just started playing your pokemon y rom hack. There's one problem I encountered. I apologize if you mentioned it already but i noticed my pokemon doesn't get any status effect eg: if it gets poisoned it doesn't take damage over time. I'm currently playing the insanity mode. Haven't gone much further to the game so i don't know if it's the same case for npc trainers or not. Can you help me out with this??
    Hey, is this happening to a Fennekin/Braixen by any chance? It can have Magic Guard in the hack so that could be why.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2021
    Ah! I'm such an idiot. I was so used to play the vanilla version I didn't think I'd get any abilities other than blaze on fennekin. Thank you for pointing it out...

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I do like the idea of having the type Gems, or at least the Flying Gem, available somewhere. I suppose I could replace the Nest Ball in the Cyllage City mart, seeing as they stop being useful pretty quickly. The only place that really has room for all of the Gems is the Pick Up table, and placing them there might ruin the ability for anyone who just wanted free items. Regardless, I'll make sure you can get Flying Gems somewhere in the next update; not sure when that will be, though, as updating all six versions is a bit of a pain.

As for the new TMs, they should be compatible with anything that can learn the moves they teach by any means (Egg move, tutor, old TM) in any other game. So yes, Eelektross will learn Drain Punch via the TM.

Have you thought making a poll to see how many people play on each version? Maybe you can get an idea on how many versions you should keep supporting

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Hey, back again! Doing my first run through this game that's anything but a Nuzlocke, haha. It's a cross between a 100% run and a vs. run with a friend, basically whoever gets full completion first.
    Anyway, we had a few things we were wondering about implementation of.

1. Is there any chance of Wurmple's evolution method being tweaked somehow so it's not fully down to RNG? Part of the completion for this run is PokeDex completion and both of us have had to go through several Wurmple in order to get both branches of the family. Maybe Silcoon during the day and Cascoon at night?

2. We also were wondering about when the SWSH movepool updates will be implemented, i.e. Shell Smash Blastoise. Unless of course we're just missing something! Hope this doesn't come off as rushing you since I know you're busy with your Emerald hack as well.

3. Will old TM moves (Gen I, II, III, IV) for Pokemon be implemented at some point? Not busted things like Fissure No Guard Machamp or anything obviously, but less broken things that are handy for typical movesets but can't be accessed, Submission Hitmonlee for instance. I know you've already implemented old event and move tutor moves but I noticed that many of the TM moves that weren't adapted into tutors aren't available or at least not very widely.

4. It occurred to me that it might make more more interesting play for Pikachu and Eevee to have the stats of the Partner variants from LGPE, giving something of a choice between for example Light Ball Partnerchu and Raichu. Though, that'd likely make NPCs who use them a lot more difficult.

5. I've noticed that not all of the changes made to Pokemon in PSPM are carried over here. The reasoning for the ones that can't be implemented because of the moves or abilities being from Gen VII is entirely and obviously understandable, but I just was sort of wondering about not including the changes like those made to Kricketune.

Of course no rush on any of these!! I understand how busy you are as well as that these likely wouldn't be priorities.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    So I downloaded/installed this hack and noticed the "event" torchic is set to be the first Pokemon you encounter on Route 2, but that it's one-time only. As in, you encounter it precisely once and that's it. For a brief time, I was driving myself crazy trying to avoid bumping into it because I had no poke balls before the capture tutorial (which is like... 5 steps after the first patch of grass). I reset several times trying to not get an encounter in that grass... then I decided I clearly was missing something. Turns out I was. There is a bloody Poke/Cherish Ball shop on the left side of town. I haven't played X and Y in so long I'd forgotten it was there. I feel like an idiot.

Don't be like me, folks! Don't be a moron!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ah! I'm such an idiot. I was so used to play the vanilla version I didn't think I'd get any abilities other than blaze on fennekin. Thank you for pointing it out...
    Haha, no problem!
    Have you thought making a poll to see how many people play on each version? Maybe you can get an idea on how many versions you should keep supporting
    It's a good idea but no need really; I'm more or less done supporting the legal versions (except for bug fixes), and I didn't have any luck getting the script editing working so the rebalanced versions will be done too after the gen 8 update.
    Hey, back again! Doing my first run through this game that's anything but a Nuzlocke, haha. It's a cross between a 100% run and a vs. run with a friend, basically whoever gets full completion first.
    Anyway, we had a few things we were wondering about implementation of.

1. Is there any chance of Wurmple's evolution method being tweaked somehow so it's not fully down to RNG? Part of the completion for this run is PokeDex completion and both of us have had to go through several Wurmple in order to get both branches of the family. Maybe Silcoon during the day and Cascoon at night?

2. We also were wondering about when the SWSH movepool updates will be implemented, i.e. Shell Smash Blastoise. Unless of course we're just missing something! Hope this doesn't come off as rushing you since I know you're busy with your Emerald hack as well.

3. Will old TM moves (Gen I, II, III, IV) for Pokemon be implemented at some point? Not busted things like Fissure No Guard Machamp or anything obviously, but less broken things that are handy for typical movesets but can't be accessed, Submission Hitmonlee for instance. I know you've already implemented old event and move tutor moves but I noticed that many of the TM moves that weren't adapted into tutors aren't available or at least not very widely.

4. It occurred to me that it might make more more interesting play for Pikachu and Eevee to have the stats of the Partner variants from LGPE, giving something of a choice between for example Light Ball Partnerchu and Raichu. Though, that'd likely make NPCs who use them a lot more difficult.

5. I've noticed that not all of the changes made to Pokemon in PSPM are carried over here. The reasoning for the ones that can't be implemented because of the moves or abilities being from Gen VII is entirely and obviously understandable, but I just was sort of wondering about not including the changes like those made to Kricketune.

Of course no rush on any of these!! I understand how busy you are as well as that these likely wouldn't be priorities.
    Sounds like fun!
    1. Sure, I can do that. It'd definitely be less annoying than the random evolution.
    2. Couldn't give you an estimate on that just yet; I'll probably get on to it after version one of Emerald is done (still got this list to work through before it's ready: https://github.com/BuffelSaft/pokeemerald/issues; the big issue is all the rematch teams).
    3. XY has a limit of 25 level up moves per Pokemon - anything beyond that breaks the move reminder - so there's only so many of those I can include. If you've got suggestions for some of the more interesting/useful ones I can try to add them in though!
    4. Yeah that'd probably break a few too many trainers at this point, might be able to get away with giving Pikachu a speed increase at least.
    5. IIRC that change was made after I took a break from updating EXWY, so it and a few other ones like Sunflora haven't been brought to this hack yet. They'll definitely be included in the next update!

So I downloaded/installed this hack and noticed the "event" torchic is set to be the first Pokemon you encounter on Route 2, but that it's one-time only. As in, you encounter it precisely once and that's it. For a brief time, I was driving myself crazy trying to avoid bumping into it because I had no poke balls before the capture tutorial (which is like... 5 steps after the first patch of grass). I reset several times trying to not get an encounter in that grass... then I decided I clearly was missing something. Turns out I was. There is a bloody Poke/Cherish Ball shop on the left side of town. I haven't played X and Y in so long I'd forgotten it was there. I feel like an idiot.

Don't be like me, folks! Don't be a moron!
    To be fair you can't usually buy Poke Balls that early. Hope you have fun with the hack anyway!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2021
    I have another question, are the mega evolution items held by the starters in wild encounter? Like torchic has 50% chance of holding a blazikenite, is it the same for other starters as well? There wasn't anything written in the document about it...

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Sounds like fun!
    1. Sure, I can do that. It'd definitely be less annoying than the random evolution.
    2. Couldn't give you an estimate on that just yet; I'll probably get on to it after version one of Emerald is done (still got this list to work through before it's ready: https://github.com/BuffelSaft/pokeemerald/issues; the big issue is all the rematch teams).
    3. XY has a limit of 25 level up moves per Pokemon - anything beyond that breaks the move reminder - so there's only so many of those I can include. If you've got suggestions for some of the more interesting/useful ones I can try to add them in though!
    4. Yeah that'd probably break a few too many trainers at this point, might be able to get away with giving Pikachu a speed increase at least.
    5. IIRC that change was made after I took a break from updating EXWY, so it and a few other ones like Sunflora haven't been brought to this hack yet. They'll definitely be included in the next update!
    I keep forgetting about that move limit, would be nice if there were some way around it. There are definitely some good ones. Submission Hitmonlee is the first to come to mind considering its Reckless ability, but I feel Body Slam and Double Edge are great ones that are available to -ate users like Mega Pinsir. Mega Kick for Kangaskhan also could be a great STAB option for its Mega despite the mediocre accuracy. In general the ones that most come to mind for me though are the distribution of:
    Submission, Body Slam, Double Edge, Dynamic Punch, Zap Cannon, Dragon Breath, Water Pulse, Bullet Seed, Iron Tail, Shock Wave, Brine, Dragon Pulse, Silver Wind, Avalanche
    Better availability of the Platinum/HGSS exclusive move tutors also could be great.
    Maybe a 10 point increase across the board for Pikachu and Eevee could be akin to a subdued version of the Partner ones? I don't particularly think 65 attack and 60 special attack would be too powerful on Pikachu even with a Light Ball.
    Definitely looking forward to the next update!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I have another question, are the mega evolution items held by the starters in wild encounter? Like torchic has 50% chance of holding a blazikenite, is it the same for other starters as well? There wasn't anything written in the document about it...
    Nah, they're in the same place as vanilla: you get one with your Kanto starter and can buy the other three later.
    I keep forgetting about that move limit, would be nice if there were some way around it. There are definitely some good ones. Submission Hitmonlee is the first to come to mind considering its Reckless ability, but I feel Body Slam and Double Edge are great ones that are available to -ate users like Mega Pinsir. Mega Kick for Kangaskhan also could be a great STAB option for its Mega despite the mediocre accuracy. In general the ones that most come to mind for me though are the distribution of:
    Submission, Body Slam, Double Edge, Dynamic Punch, Zap Cannon, Dragon Breath, Water Pulse, Bullet Seed, Iron Tail, Shock Wave, Brine, Dragon Pulse, Silver Wind, Avalanche
    Better availability of the Platinum/HGSS exclusive move tutors also could be great.
    Maybe a 10 point increase across the board for Pikachu and Eevee could be akin to a subdued version of the Partner ones? I don't particularly think 65 attack and 60 special attack would be too powerful on Pikachu even with a Light Ball.
    Definitely looking forward to the next update!
    Personally I'd use Jump Kick over Submission for Hitmonlee (more damage and no recoil most of the time), but yeah the extra normal moves would be good for the -ate users. I'll see if I can squeeze in a few of those moves for mons with bad level up sets, but definitely won't be able to give them to every Pokemon that learns them.

Light Ball Pikachu with +10 everything would hit pretty hard, but also faint in a stiff breeze so it'd probably be fine. There shouldn't be any early game trainers with a Light Ball anyway (at least I hope not).

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    Ok, and are you playing X or Y? Asking because I want to avoid testing all 10 versions of the hack if possible 😅, that'd be very time consuming. Sadly no, the XY update refuses to work after it's edited, so the hack has to be played without it. If you've got the update installed it's probably the cause of the problem.

i'm playing Y with no update as directed by the pdf, ( ziphertooo ), the game freezes with an old save or even on a new game once its time for the character to move

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Personally I'd use Jump Kick over Submission for Hitmonlee (more damage and no recoil most of the time), but yeah the extra normal moves would be good for the -ate users. I'll see if I can squeeze in a few of those moves for mons with bad level up sets, but definitely won't be able to give them to every Pokemon that learns them.

Actually on a related note I was wondering if maybe you might be able to give full level up move sets to Stone evolutions? As opposed to a boatload of Lv. 1 moves and then two or three moves at late levels like is typical, maybe just spread them across levels instead. It's something that's always bothered me about those Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2021
    Hello, and thank you! I love the original games, just playing the Rebalanced version because it's different, and loving it. I've been playing on/off for a while now, and it seems I ran into the Lumiose save bug now, and it now says my save file is incompatible (not the exact words "corrupted" or such - I bet you know of the exact error message I'm referring to). I went through this whole thread, searching for "save", and couldn't find an apparent solution for how to restore the old save file, prior to saving in an illegal Lumiose area, but I did notice some mention of an easy way to fix it? Could not locate anything related to that elsewhere, so just wondering if I can easily 1) restore an earlier save 2) fix the current save, or did I just misunderstand a comment somewhere? (PS: I think I'm at around 200 hours, and can't believe it was the first time I accidentally ran into the Lumiose save bug!) Thanks in advance for the help!

*Edited 2021-01-21T00:26Z
    I also tried the Pokemon Rumble(?) editor by SciresM, but I can not back up the Y save file - it says something similar to when trying to boot the game, about the save file not being compatible. I'll add images of the exact form of the error messages tomorrow if necessary. I'm assuming I can not use any similar save editor method, then, if I am unable to save a backup of the save from within the console's own settings > data management?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    i'm playing Y with no update as directed by the pdf, ( ziphertooo ), the game freezes with an old save or even on a new game once its time for the character to move
    Unfortunately I can't get the hack to freeze on my end, so the issue will be something trickier to find. No idea if ziperto's ROM is a good dump, but if it's playable without the hack it's probably not the issue. Could try a ROM from somewhere else just in case; not sure what else to suggest as it sounds like you've installed the hack correctly.

Actually on a related note I was wondering if maybe you might be able to give full level up move sets to Stone evolutions? As opposed to a boatload of Lv. 1 moves and then two or three moves at late levels like is typical, maybe just spread them across levels instead. It's something that's always bothered me about those Pokemon.
    I'll consider it, but that would kinda defeat the whole idea behind stone evos; evolve early for better stats, or wait for better moves. Could maybe have the evolved forms learn moves much later than the base forms.

Hello, and thank you! I love the original games, just playing the Rebalanced version because it's different, and loving it. I've been playing on/off for a while now, and it seems I ran into the Lumiose save bug now, and it now says my save file is incompatible (not the exact words "corrupted" or such - I bet you know of the exact error message I'm referring to). I went through this whole thread, searching for "save", and couldn't find an apparent solution for how to restore the old save file, prior to saving in an illegal Lumiose area, but I did notice some mention of an easy way to fix it? Could not locate anything related to that elsewhere, so just wondering if I can easily 1) restore an earlier save 2) fix the current save, or did I just misunderstand a comment somewhere? (PS: I think I'm at around 200 hours, and can't believe it was the first time I accidentally ran into the Lumiose save bug!) Thanks in advance for the help!

*Edited 2021-01-21T00:26Z
    I also tried the Pokemon Rumble(?) editor by SciresM, but I can not back up the Y save file - it says something similar to when trying to boot the game, about the save file not being compatible. I'll add images of the exact form of the error messages tomorrow if necessary. I'm assuming I can not use any similar save editor method, then, if I am unable to save a backup of the save from within the console's own settings > data management?
    Hey, happy to hear you're loving the hack! That's an easy fix (it's also explained in the install guides along with the warning about the bug), but the short version is this:
    • Turn off game patching in luma's menu
    • Install the eshop update
    • Launch the game; your save should now work again
    • Save the game somewhere else, then quit
    • Delete the update and turn game patching back on
    • Launch the game again; your save should be fixed
    I don't know what the glitch actually does, but the eshop update reverts the damage if you save with it installed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Sort of a small thing but I noticed that in the list of Pokemon changes Munna and Musharna are listed as learning Moon Blast, but in the list of level-up moves they don't seem to learn it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2021
    On the same vein as the others, many thanks for making this hack, and more importantly, for sticking with it as long as you have.

On a personal aside:

-Is it possible to remove the player's hat in this hack? If not, can you make it possible? (Maybe add a hat with no model?)

Back