• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Cyllage City section in the wild encounters document seems to have an error - percentages for Rock Smash Pokemon don't add up to 100%.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Cyllage City section in the wild encounters document seems to have an error - percentages for Rock Smash Pokemon don't add up to 100%.
    Oops yep, should be 50% Krabby/35% Onix/15% Dwebble. Thanks for pointing that out!

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    Quick question: is it possible to find dubious discs before the e4? The docs say that porygon hold upgrades, but I don't think I saw anything about dubious discs

Xuxa88

Ducked!!! Xuxa88
    Years
  • So i have Pokemon X installed and I followed the 3DS install guide and dropped the rebalanced file to the root of my Sd card. When I got to launch Pokemon X I get past the point where it wants me to choose a language and once I get past that point, it goes to a black screen. I try restarting my 3DS and I run in to the same issue.

I temporarily remove the luma file and then Pokemon X runs and shows title screen with no issue, so its something to do with the file Im adding to the root of the SD card. Any idea what could be wrong? I have Enable Game patching checked and I dont have any title updates for Pokemon X at all Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Quick question: is it possible to find dubious discs before the e4? The docs say that porygon hold upgrades, but I don't think I saw anything about dubious discs
    Yeah, it's in one of the marts (Coumarine City IIRC). I'd suggest using CTRL + F to search the docs, makes things a lot easier!
    So i have Pokemon X installed and I followed the 3DS install guide and dropped the rebalanced file to the root of my Sd card. When I got to launch Pokemon X I get past the point where it wants me to choose a language and once I get past that point, it goes to a black screen. I try restarting my 3DS and I run in to the same issue.

I temporarily remove the luma file and then Pokemon X runs and shows title screen with no issue, so its something to do with the file Im adding to the root of the SD card. Any idea what could be wrong? I have Enable Game patching checked and I dont have any title updates for Pokemon X at all Thank you!
    Hey, I can't replicate this so it's most likely something on your end. It sounds like you've installed the hack correctly, though just to be clear, you copied a luma folder and not a file, right? If it was a file there's definitely something wrong there.
    I can't tell what's gone wrong from what you've told me, but if you can answer a few questions that might narrow it down:
    Are you using a clean copy of X (i.e. one that doesn't have the title update built into it or any other mods installed)?
    Do you have any cheat codes active?
    Does the game prompt you to download the update before launching it?
    Are you definitely using the files for X and not Y?

Xuxa88

Ducked!!! Xuxa88
    Years
  • Yeah, it's in one of the marts (Coumarine City IIRC). I'd suggest using CTRL + F to search the docs, makes things a lot easier!

Hey, I can't replicate this so it's most likely something on your end. It sounds like you've installed the hack correctly, though just to be clear, you copied a luma folder and not a file, right? If it was a file there's definitely something wrong there.
    I can't tell what's gone wrong from what you've told me, but if you can answer a few questions that might narrow it down:
    Are you using a clean copy of X (i.e. one that doesn't have the title update built into it or any other mods installed)?
    Do you have any cheat codes active?
    Does the game prompt you to download the update before launching it?
    Are you definitely using the files for X and not Y?

I did copy the luma folder to the root of the SD card. I am using a clean copy of X with no updates built into it as far as Im aware. I dont have any cheat codes active. The game doesnt prompt mt to download the update before launching it at all. I am using the files for X, indeed.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I did copy the luma folder to the root of the SD card. I am using a clean copy of X with no updates built into it as far as Im aware. I dont have any cheat codes active. The game doesnt prompt mt to download the update before launching it at all. I am using the files for X, indeed.
    Well this is a tricky one! I guess you could try other versions of the hack just to see if they work, or try redownloading the hack's files. You could also try another X ROM as a last resort, but that'd be a big time waster so hopefully it won't come to that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2020
    Hi Buffel Saft, thanks for creating this rom hack!

I have been playing it but I absolutely hate using the exp share, could you please point out how the halving the EXP yields can be reverted? I tried doing it using pk3DS but it did not seem to work.

Thanks in advance.

Xuxa88

Ducked!!! Xuxa88
    Years
  • Well this is a tricky one! I guess you could try other versions of the hack just to see if they work, or try redownloading the hack's files. You could also try another X ROM as a last resort, but that'd be a big time waster so hopefully it won't come to that.

So I went ahead and tried the Legal version files, ran into the same issues. I redownloaded the hack files again from google drive and still ran into the same issue. Last ditch effort I tired downloading another Pokemon X ROM to see if that would fix it and I still run into the same issue of the screen going black after I language select screen. I am absolutely stumped at what is causing this seeing as Ive done this with plenty of other 3DS rom hacks and I dont see why Im having such an issue with this one. This isnt your fault I just dont know what else to try.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So I went ahead and tried the Legal version files, ran into the same issues. I redownloaded the hack files again from google drive and still ran into the same issue. Last ditch effort I tired downloading another Pokemon X ROM to see if that would fix it and I still run into the same issue of the screen going black after I language select screen. I am absolutely stumped at what is causing this seeing as Ive done this with plenty of other 3DS rom hacks and I dont see why Im having such an issue with this one. This isnt your fault I just dont know what else to try.
    I've got one more idea; check you're on the latest version of luma. One of the earlier versions is bugged and won't work properly with layeredfs, so hopefully that's the issue!
    Guys, one question: can i play this on my phone with Drastic?
    You can play it on your phone (assuming it's powerful enough), but not with Drastic. XY are 3DS games, so you'll need citra (a 3DS emulator) to play them. Should be available for free on the app store.

Xuxa88

Ducked!!! Xuxa88
    Years
  • I've got one more idea; check you're on the latest version of luma. One of the earlier versions is bugged and won't work properly with layeredfs, so hopefully that's the issue!

You can play it on your phone (assuming it's powerful enough), but not with Drastic. XY are 3DS games, so you'll need citra (a 3DS emulator) to play them. Should be available for free on the app store.

Latest version of Luma is 10.2 right? I checked and I'm already in 10.2 sadly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Latest version of Luma is 10.2 right? I checked and I'm already in 10.2 sadly.
    Yeah it is. Wish I could help more but I don't know what else it could be sorry. If I come up with anything else I'll let you know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2021
    Hi, so I was looking through the various documents and earlier replies trying to figure out if you could get a battle bond greninja somehow.
    I did not find anything regarding it, perhaps i missed it and if so sorry.
    If it is possible id be glad to know how. If not thats fine too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Do these games have reduced XP from wild Pokemon in the Legal version?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi Buffel Saft, thanks for creating this rom hack!

I have been playing it but I absolutely hate using the exp share, could you please point out how the halving the EXP yields can be reverted? I tried doing it using pk3DS but it did not seem to work.

Thanks in advance.
    Hey, pk3DS is the way to do it. In personal stats -> enhancements change Final EXP (%) to 200 and click "Modify All". Fair warning though, doing this will remove a lot of exp from trainers so the level curve will be a bit steep.
    Hey Buffel, I've noticed that when I go to poke centers, they don't have revives? why is that?
    Hey, how many badges do you have? I didn't remove them from the centers, but they aren't unlocked immediately so I'd guess that's why they aren't there.

Also sorry for the slow replies, I completely missed these posts somehow.

Hi, so I was looking through the various documents and earlier replies trying to figure out if you could get a battle bond greninja somehow.
    I did not find anything regarding it, perhaps i missed it and if so sorry.
    If it is possible id be glad to know how. If not thats fine too.
    Battle Bond/Ash Greninja is a gen 7 Pokemon (at least as far as the games are concerned), so it's not available in the hack.
    Do these games have reduced XP from wild Pokemon in the Legal version?
    Yes, that's a feature in all versions of this hack. It helps to keep the exp share's ridiculous 250% bonus exp under control.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Dunno if it was intentional but the last main chef in Le Yeah 2 Star Restaurant has his Simi elements team instead of Chansey/Blissey/Audino.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Dunno if it was intentional but the last main chef in Le Yeah 2 Star Restaurant has his Simi elements team instead of Chansey/Blissey/Audino.
    I think that was intentional, it's been quite a while since I edited those teams though so I can't be sure!

Back