• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2021
    hey man, im trying to play with Citra but i dont get the "Open Mods Location" option, where is the folder?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    hey man, im trying to play with Citra but i dont get the "Open Mods Location" option, where is the folder?
    Hey, try launching the vanilla game and let it run to the title screen at least. Citra needs to create that folder, but it only does so the first time the game runs, so if you haven't played vanilla at all it won't exist yet.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2021
    Hey, try launching the vanilla game and let it run to the title screen at least. Citra needs to create that folder, but it only does so the first time the game runs, so if you haven't played vanilla at all it won't exist yet.

i already played the vanilla Game, in 3DS and Citra, but i dont have the option, and i dont know where is the mods folder

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    i already played the vanilla Game, in 3DS and Citra, but i dont have the option, and i dont know where is the mods folder
    Maybe try reinstalling citra, not sure what else you can do. This is an emulator problem so it may be better to ask on the citra forums as I'm no expert on it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2021
    Maybe try reinstalling citra, not sure what else you can do. This is an emulator problem so it may be better to ask on the citra forums as I'm no expert on it.

i reinstalled Citra and now is working, thanks for the help and the hack
    oh, and you should do Zeraora Electric/Fighting in your Gen 7 Hack, i dont know why Gamefreak make him just Electric

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Hey, I've been trying to use a Contrary Spinda on my team, and I was wondering, do you think you might add more moves with a stat drop as recoil to its movepool? Not learning Superpower until Lv. 34 is rough for leveling it up when you first get it, and even afterwards that's its only applicable move. I know some other Contrary Pokemon also are extremely limited in terms of the moves that they can make use of, but I feel at least with Spinda considering that even with its stat buffs it's still fragile enough that it's not likely to be broken. The best suggestions to come to mind are Close Combat and Psycho Boost, Psycho Boost largely to make use of its special attack stat since it does get decent damage options, but there might be something else that just isn't occurring to me.

On a related note Malamar learning Psycho Boost might be a little more broken but it would be fun to have it with some special options as well as physical, and with only 68 special attack I don't think the two stage boost would get broken too fast.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2021
    Hello
    I am really interested in this mod, could you be more specific what you mean by more accessibility towards Ability Capsule.

Please

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, I've been trying to use a Contrary Spinda on my team, and I was wondering, do you think you might add more moves with a stat drop as recoil to its movepool? Not learning Superpower until Lv. 34 is rough for leveling it up when you first get it, and even afterwards that's its only applicable move. I know some other Contrary Pokemon also are extremely limited in terms of the moves that they can make use of, but I feel at least with Spinda considering that even with its stat buffs it's still fragile enough that it's not likely to be broken. The best suggestions to come to mind are Close Combat and Psycho Boost, Psycho Boost largely to make use of its special attack stat since it does get decent damage options, but there might be something else that just isn't occurring to me.

On a related note Malamar learning Psycho Boost might be a little more broken but it would be fun to have it with some special options as well as physical, and with only 68 special attack I don't think the two stage boost would get broken too fast.
    Hey, it's also got access to Strength, which you get slightly before level 34 IIRC. STAB Return isn't bad either, even with Spinda's stats and the lack of a Contrary stat boost. I wouldn't mind giving Psycho Boost to it and Malamar though, I agree that neither of them would be broken with it. Not sure about Close Combat; I'd have to move Superpower to a later level or give it Close Combat far too early.
    Hello
    I am really interested in this mod, could you be more specific what you mean by more accessibility towards Ability Capsule.

Please
    Hey, sure. You can buy ability capsules in every mart after getting the second badge.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This looks really interesting so i was wondering, how hard is the rebalanced version and insanity version compared to something like "Renegade Platinum" or "Volt White"/"blaze black"? If you or anyone else is familiar with the difficulty levels of those hacks that is! (Looking for something that makes the game considerably more challenging, since i lost interest in my normal pokemon X run about 4 hours in because the difficulty felt non-existant to someone who knows the bare-minimum of meta-strategies and compositions.)

I would guess Insanity version is a bit more than i bargained for just by the description!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    This looks really interesting so i was wondering, how hard is the rebalanced version and insanity version compared to something like "Renegade Platinum" or "Volt White"/"blaze black"? If you or anyone else is familiar with the difficulty levels of those hacks that is! (Looking for something that makes the game considerably more challenging, since i lost interest in my normal pokemon X run about 4 hours in because the difficulty felt non-existant to someone who knows the bare-minimum of meta-strategies and compositions.)

I would guess Insanity version is a bit more than i bargained for just by the description!
    The rebalanced version's difficulty is pretty close to Drayano's hacks; it's heavily inspired by them so that's the difficulty I was aiming for. Insanity just throws in a few more non-single battles and gives important trainers legendaries past a certain point, so it's a bit harder than that. Every trainer's been edited in all versions, but I'd recommend rebalanced if you just want opponents that aren't so pathetic!

Years
  • The rebalanced version's difficulty is pretty close to Drayano's hacks; it's heavily inspired by them so that's the difficulty I was aiming for. Insanity just throws in a few more non-single battles and gives important trainers legendaries past a certain point, so it's a bit harder than that. Every trainer's been edited in all versions, but I'd recommend rebalanced if you just want opponents that aren't so pathetic!

Alright, neat! Im definitely giving this a try next! Sounds like "rebalanced" is the way to go then!

Years
  • Im a few hours into the game and just now i went through the documentation of the game and i'm curious if there is anything like the "special events" page Drayano had in his documentation drive (stuff like the Torchic in the first grass for example, or every munchlax having a Leftovers in their inventory( though im not sure about that one, if that was in the original game))

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Im a few hours into the game and just now i went through the documentation of the game and i'm curious if there is anything like the "special events" page Drayano had in his documentation drive (stuff like the Torchic in the first grass for example, or every munchlax having a Leftovers in their inventory( though im not sure about that one, if that was in the original game))
    Hey, Torchic is pretty much the only one so I didn't make a separate document for it. Munchlax always has leftovers in the originals too, it's just that you don't see them in the wild outside of Sinnoh and Alola so they can't normally be farmed for them. The item changes and locations document covers all the new wild held items and a few important ones from vanilla like the Metal Coat and Magmarizer.

Aqua Mosquito

Nuzlocke Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    I spent a week updating learn sets in pk3ds to Gen 8, (Shell smash mega Blastoise sounds disgusting, as do nasty plot Gengar and Alakazam) updated Rapid Spin, changed all the moves that were nerfed in gen 6 back to their former glory (Surf, Draco Meteor etc.). I also added useful competitive moves like stealth rock, knock off, and defog to pokemon that were missing them and replaced the herb shop with focus sash, focus band, wise glasses and muscle band, and from what I've tested, I'm pretty happy with the results, I just have one question, how do I update teleport? It seems like it'd be an easy enough thing to do, I was able to do it for Rapid Spin.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I spent a week updating learn sets in pk3ds to Gen 8, (Shell smash mega Blastoise sounds disgusting, as do nasty plot Gengar and Alakazam) updated Rapid Spin, changed all the moves that were nerfed in gen 6 back to their former glory (Surf, Draco Meteor etc.). I also added useful competitive moves like stealth rock, knock off, and defog to pokemon that were missing them and replaced the herb shop with focus sash, focus band, wise glasses and muscle band, and from what I've tested, I'm pretty happy with the results, I just have one question, how do I update teleport? It seems like it'd be an easy enough thing to do, I was able to do it for Rapid Spin.
    Yeah those megas with their gen 8 movepools are insane. Sadly gen 8 Teleport is an entirely new effect, so it's not something pk3DS can do. You could give it Baton Pass's effect as an approximation, but there's nothing else that just switches out the user.

Aqua Mosquito

Nuzlocke Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    Yeah those megas with their gen 8 movepools are insane. Sadly gen 8 Teleport is an entirely new effect, so it's not something pk3DS can do. You could give it Baton Pass's effect as an approximation, but there's nothing else that just switches out the user.
    Thanks, how would I give it baton pass's effect? Also since the USUM move reminder is at the Pokemon League (Gamefreak......), are the movesets accommodated to that in PSPM?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thanks, how would I give it baton pass's effect? Also since the USUM move reminder is at the Pokemon League (Gamefreak......), are the movesets accommodated to that in PSPM?
    Try copying the effect number from baton pass to teleport. It might work, but sometimes Gamefreak locks effects to certain move IDs and the effect is just for the AI, so it may do nothing. There's also a chance teleport is coded to fail in trainer battles regardless, and the animation may not work very well either. It's all trial and error with this sort of thing on the 3DS.

For the most part movesets in PSPM accommodate that, but I'm sure I missed a few.

Aqua Mosquito

Nuzlocke Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    Try copying the effect number from baton pass to teleport. It might work, but sometimes Gamefreak locks effects to certain move IDs and the effect is just for the AI, so it may do nothing. There's also a chance teleport is coded to fail in trainer battles regardless, and the animation may not work very well either. It's all trial and error with this sort of thing on the 3DS.

For the most part movesets in PSPM accommodate that, but I'm sure I missed a few.

I tested it against Korrina with a focus sash Abra and no luck, I guess I'll keep the decreased priority though. On a side note, have you ever noticed how long the gap between the first and second badges is? It feels like half the game takes place there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hi! Created an account just to thank you for your work. Just finished a game of Wilting Y (legal; 721 pokémon, main team to level 100, champion, Serena rematch and Looker story) over the past three weeks or so and had a lot of fun (except growing berry trees to get a burmy and then breeding it to get one of the opposite sex, because for some reason burmy was removed from the Route-3 list; that was no fun at all). I had possibly more fun than I had playing Black (my favourite game in the series till I played this). Thank you!

Back