• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Fantasy Version

Years
    • Seen today
    Ok, I've noticed something weird is happening so I'd like to ask if it's intentional or some kind of bug. For some reason, my Bibarel is needing a lot more Exp than normal to level up, I took a screenshot for comparisson:

Edit: Nevermind, my mistake. I checked the Exp formulas and it looks like I never noticed (until now) that Medium Fast growth rate is actually slower than medium slow during the lower levels.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    How do I evolve postgame spoiler coming
    Spoiler:

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @xPancakex
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Hello, I enjoyed the game and I had trouble with game freeze after dark colossal and I found a way to prevent freezing but now it's my second time playing the game and I have trouble with swamps I can't find ralts in there and after I beat dark grimsharnl game get freeze

Do you have any solution for this?

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @Marcus0132 Ralts is found in Babblng Brook, not Mangrove Swamp
    Are you playing the latest version of the game?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    In version 1.8 it finally doesn't freeze after the battle with Dark Coalossal
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    I love the songs in this game, especially from the Abandoned Vessel part 😍

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @JaKairos Yes, and there is a list of them in the credits. I think I hit the jackpot with the soundtrack to be honest

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Hello, thanks for the reply and I ran into trouble with high priest battle the message shown in the error is " pokeBattle_pokemon:122:in 'level='The level number (102) is invaild"

I don't know I'm latest version or not can you please tell me I downloaded the game from pokemoner.com

Awesome game I really enjoyed playing
    thanks man

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @Marcus0143 Ah, I see what the issue is. The latest version is called v1.8 and it is available on page 1. Let me know if there is still an issue, and i will try and fix it for next time!

Edit: Just seen Pokemoner.com and the version is out of date by quite a bit

Years
    • Seen today
    Been a little busy but finally beaten the first dark Pokémon yesterday, it was definitely challenging and a nice twist to S/M Totem Battles, it took me a good number of tries, did it with Sirfetch'd, Bibarel and Dartrix :)

A couple of questions:

-Are there repels to buy somewhere? I just didn't see them yet, and (especially in Hard mode, where I pretty much need to backtrack to heal after 2-3 battles) the wild Pokémon are slowing things down quite a bit. A few ways of improving this (besides Repels) could be making grass patches more avoidable, or adding a healer NPC in some of the areas with multiple trainers to fight.

-Are there IV/EV improvement features? My team doesn't have a good spread, can this be improved eventually in the game to tackle on the bigger late game challenges?

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @Corveone Yes, there should be repels in Merchant Shops.
    There are IV EV features but they are all postgame though!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2022
    Ran into a bit of a snag. I went down into that swamp area in the beginning of the game and fought the Dark Grimmsnarl before fighting the wizard in toadstool forest. Apparently doing things in this order will consistently crash the game and prevent you from moving, pressing any buttons(besides the speed up button), etc. I thought to myself "no problem, I'll just go fight the wizard and come back", but by the time I fought the wizard and returned to the area the Dark Grimmsnarl is just gone. Still getting blocked by the dark energy which is preventing me from progressing deeper into the area. Not sure if this section is essential to progress since the necro key has let me into that cave in the nearby town, but I'm kinda scared to keep going forward for the fear of breaking more things. Would really appreciate any advice on what I might be able to do about this.

On another note, I'm really enjoying the game so far! Playthrough is a bit bogged down by the sheer amount pokemon being thrown at me by the wild grass(no repels available for me at this stage in the game yet, apparently), but other than that I'm having a blast.

Edit: Realized I wasn't on the current version. Updating appears to have fixed it. Thanks for all your hard work!

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I defeated the Haxorus boss rather handilly, and fittingly enough with a Sirfetch'd. Fury Cutter proved very helpful plus getting boosted crits thanks to the Leek item made it that much more fun.

Years
    • Seen today
    @Corveone Yes, there should be repels in Merchant Shops.

Thanks, but the current item shop list (as of after obtaining the first key from the Necromancer) has still no repels though:

Pokéball
    Great Ball
    Potion
    Super Potion
    Antidote
    Burn Heal
    Ice Heal
    Awakening
    Paralyze Heal
    Revive
    Escape Rope

Not sure if the same is happening to other players but this could potentially discourage players from continuing playing, considering the amount of non-skippable high grass and the high frequency of wild Pokémon encounters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    I agree with Corveone.
    It would be great if at the first store you have repels to buy, it ends up being tiring in the beginning due to the lack of repels.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    having a cleans tag at the start would help a lot there too.

EDIT: BTW, I had an idea with regards to stats. Obviously the game uses the standard stat readout for pokemon, but I think at least renaming each stat so they fit the fantast game genre might be a nice immersive touch. Attack logically would stay the same but defense could become armor and special defense is resilience, ect. Also while this is a more plot heavy game I think given the nature of the game a handfu of mages who can augument stats (increase IVs and change natures) for a high price could work too. Think of it as sorta similar to how some RPGs, notably Dragonquest have a vocation changing service, as the nature of a pokemon and what IVs they generally have can vastly alter what strategies you would favor for an individual pokemon.

Last edited:
    Back