• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Fantasy Version

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    how can i flash? after the vampire key I can't find the item or book that can light up dark places

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2021
    Hi!

Spoiler:

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @ArtyMyella and @JzKairos Yes, it is Umber Castle. FLash cannot be obtained at all in the game.

@ZeneonP0 I believe so. It is possible to get all the equipment to create it.

Things have changed somewhat in my life, so updates will be out a lot less often, but I will still check the comments here. Next version ETA within next few days.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    I understand ... but I hope for the next updates bring us flash and more items that this game can continue spectacular as it promises

Years
    • Seen today
    Adding Exp. Share and/or raising the level of wild Pokémon a bit might also be a good idea. I enjoyed what I've played so far, but got stuck at the fight for the second key, the level 26 Toxicroak with Poison Jab, Sucker Punch and Drain Punch basically one-shots everything I have, and there doesn't seem to be many options to counter it this early in the game, no good TMs for it either. I thought about training Drowzee since it evolves at level 26, but the wild Pokémon are about like 10 levels behind the trainers level curve.

Years
    Hello!
    I've been playing this game for the past few days, I do like the fantasy setting and the available Pokemon, the bosses are very interesting and unique and actually require some strategies, which is something I'm liking a lot.
    So far I have 5 keys and I'm interested to see what else is in store!

I have a few things that I did dislike, however.
    The early part of this game is a huge slog and almost made me drop it. Even with the 3x speed I had to spend a solid hour on every grinding session for the first two bosses and the following trainer boss. The lack of EXP Share and the fact that most wild Pokemon are low level and give a small EXP really slowed things down to an unenjoyable level. As I progressed (around the time you can reach Yarr Island or Alpine Meadow) my team got stronger and the wild Pokemon started actually giving a decent chunk of EXP, and that's where the game quality started to go up in my opinion. The boss with the Toxicroak was nearly impossible and I had to actually rely on RNG with paralysis and confusion to take it out.

Another thing is the map design.
    The maps feel like they are 100% designed to annoy the player with the insanely high encounter rate and the fully unavoidable patches of grass. Only after you get 4 keys you can start buying regular Repels at shops, and until then, in every single non-city map (except the forests), you find a wild Pokemon literally every two-three steps. The game could heavily benefit from earlier-available Repels, a Cleanse Tag, or just redesigning the maps in a way that doesn't frustrate the player. While the maps aren't confusing to navigate, which I appreciate a lot, something must be done about the encounter rate in my opinion.

It's mainly these two issues, but they're big enough for a lot of players to drop this game early on. I'm glad I didn't though because I'm enjoying it quite a bit by now. Keep up the good work!

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Thanks for commenting, NecroFlame, and I will take your issues on board.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I have had a high amount of requests for Flash, but I am struggling about what form it will take or where to put it. This is because I want the darkness in some dungeons to present a challenge to the player, but I do also appreciate that it makes things harder. I will have to think about it for a bit before being sure how to implement it.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2021
    Hello @Swdfm thank you very much for your reply. In terms of having a TM (/ book/ scroll as it is called on the game), it may be difficult to find a place. However, there are certain Pokemon that can learn Flash through leveling up. They are:

Reference page for info: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flash_(move)

1) Morelull (gen 7 learnset, at level 8); Morelull as we know is obtainable at Toadstall Woods, quite early in the game. If it's learnset can be edited, that's an option.

2) Shiinotic (evolved form of Morelull) --> I actually evolved Morelull to Shiinotic (at level 24) and tried visiting the HeartScale Move Relearner at Oregano City, but even that option did not work out (given that as per gen 7 learnset, Shiinotic learns it a level 1)

3) Kadabra and Alakazam, in Pokemon Let's go Eevee/ Let's go Pikachu can learn it at at level 1/ 13; (Side note: Alakazam should be obtainable via trade stone on Kadabra)

These are some potential options in my view.

I totally appreciate this is your game and you'd like the element of limited lighting to present a challenge, another suggestion (if you don't mind) is just to discard the limited illumination in the NORMAL difficulty mode and retain it in the HARD mode.

Based on the above suggestions, I hope you can appreciate you much I'm enjoying the game! Amazing work done in creating this game, thanks a lot!

Cheers

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @ashwinsaim Your last idea is a really good idea, and I will implement that!

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Most Pokemon evolve the same as in main series game.
    Alcremie evolves at Level 36. Any mon evolving via Trading needs this item called a Trade Stone.

If there's any information you're after specifically, message me!

Years
    • Seen today
    How galarian farfetch'd and sinistea evolved

No idea about Sinistea, but Galarian Farfetch'd evolves in the same way it does in the official games. If you catch one with Leek equiped it shouldn't be hard, I evolved mine at like level 13 by just spamming Peck against a wild Aron, with the laughable damage you'll get plenty of opportunities for the 3 critical hits.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I can't open the game at all. Nothing happens when I click the game after I sent the game to my fangames folder and open it. Is this a bug or something?

Last edited:
    Back