• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

glong279

A Royal Knight
Years
The switch to the left doesn't change anything. The only way out is to the North right? Because that has impassable electricity there whether the switch is on or off.

Funny thing. I turned off the final electrical fences by save right before and run toward the stairs. It suddenly resets the game, and the barriers vanish.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Funny thing. I turned off the final electrical fences by save right before and run toward the stairs. It suddenly resets the game, and the barriers vanish.

I can't help you if you don't specify what you mean. Can you send a vid or a picture of where you're talking about so I can investigate it? I have tested out all the power plant scripts and haven't had a single problem.

Le pug

Years
Just for a status update for the next patch ... fixing some minor bugs that I see in dhogan's lets play series as well as updating certain things to be less confusing still.

The biggest part of the next update will be that all the new pokemon in the game will have updated movesets including a bunch of new or updated moves that I'm inserting (i.e. Zen Headbutt, Foul Play, Charge Beam, etc.).

As for Beta 2 planning, I've been doing a lot of brainstorming with free time at work and I've got a lot of good plans coming for the first two cities already.

glong279

A Royal Knight
Years
I can't help you if you don't specify what you mean. Can you send a vid or a picture of where you're talking about so I can investigate it? I have tested out all the power plant scripts and haven't had a single problem.

Ah it's nothing, I was playing on 1.0.1 when that happened.

Years
I'm glad you liked it!

Thank you for reporting the bugs, these have all been fixed with the exception of the power plant bug which I apparently can't replicate. I have tried with and without power all the warps and everything seems fine.

Really sorry for the late reply...was slightly busy.
No probs at all, really liked your hack, it's got a real freshness to it.
Mm..the power plant huh...lemme try out the new patch and see if it's there

Years
First, let me just say that so far, this game is awesome! I've never laughed so hard at a video game before! And the story is really engaging (so far). Having said all of that, I encountered some bugs in the game that I thought I would bring to your attention.

This is for version b1.0.5:

1. Item Ball on Route 4 locks the game up.

2. Full Heal at West Glockdale (North East of the Carvanha Pond) keeps regenerating.

3. Psychic type attacks are super effective against dark types (Psychic shouldn't have any effect on Dark).

4. Sometimes, I have trouble running from Pokemon that are 8 levels below me.

5. In Zubat Cave, if I grab items out of a treasure chest and my pack is full, I can't go back and retrieve the items that I didn't receive.

6. The Regional Map doesn't seem to work. All I get is "There's a time and a place for everything".

7. I don't know if it's because I'm really bad at this but, the Pokemon in this game seem to have a higher damage output than usual!

8. In Zubat Cave, I was able to walk on water.

9. The following Pokemon's sprites don't even show up (These are the only ones I've noticed so far; there might be more):

Flabebe
Galade
Gogoat
Cactegade

Also, here are some ideas I had for the game:

1. A Town Map early in the game.

2. Allow running in buildings.

Don't mean to pick the game apart; just wanted to bring these things to your attention. I look forward to the completed game!

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
First, let me just say that so far, this game is awesome! I've never laughed so hard at a video game before! And the story is really engaging (so far). Having said all of that, I encountered some bugs in the game that I thought I would bring to your attention.

This is for version b1.0.5:

1. Item Ball on Route 4 locks the game up.

2. Full Heal at West Glockdale (North East of the Carvanha Pond) keeps regenerating.

3. Psychic type attacks are super effective against dark types (Psychic shouldn't have any effect on Dark).

4. Sometimes, I have trouble running from Pokemon that are 8 levels below me.

5. In Zubat Cave, if I grab items out of a treasure chest and my pack is full, I can't go back and retrieve the items that I didn't receive.

6. The Regional Map doesn't seem to work. All I get is "There's a time and a place for everything".

7. I don't know if it's because I'm really bad at this but, the Pokemon in this game seem to have a higher damage output than usual!

8. In Zubat Cave, I was able to walk on water.

9. The following Pokemon's sprites don't even show up (These are the only ones I've noticed so far; there might be more):

Flabebe
Galade
Gogoat
Cactegade

Also, here are some ideas I had for the game:

1. A Town Map early in the game.

2. Allow running in buildings.

Don't mean to pick the game apart; just wanted to bring these things to your attention. I look forward to the completed game!

Thanks for all the feedback. Don't worry about picking it apart, that is what helps make it better! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm actively working on beta 2 information now. I have over half of the second beta mapped out in my head so work on it will start once beta 1 is up to date on everything. There are certain things like the town map that aren't in effect yet but I'll work on those and get those out to you as soon as I can. I would've released another patch by now fixing a lot of the details you listed however I'm currently working on updating all the new pokemon and their stats and movesets and sprites. I have added at least 30 new moves from GEN IV to GEN VII. Trying to make it more interesting as well as get some new pokemon in there that fit the description of the region.

Thanks again for playing!

Le pug

Years
Got the Fat Kid t-shirt in the mail today! Will have to model it on an upcoming video, I'll make sure to post pics lol

Haha, awesome. I hope you like it! Looking forward to see the pics. Thanks again for playing through Fat Kid and all the bugs that came with lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 23, 2019
Just finished the second gym, this game is great! Cant wait for more to come. One thing I noticed that I hadn't seen already posted by The Iron Phantom was that my porygon never learned another move after ice punch. I went the attack porygon tree and it learned ice punch at lvl 14 and now it's at lvl 27. Not sure if I have to switch porygon to get different moves or what but it said it would learn new moves every 7 levels. Something else is that the fishing rod isn't useable where the guy asks you to find his magazine. Not sure if I'm supposed to find another one or not. Other than that I'll be sitting in my floaty waiting around for beta 2!

Le pug

Years
Just finished the second gym, this game is great! Cant wait for more to come. One thing I noticed that I hadn't seen already posted by The Iron Phantom was that my porygon never learned another move after ice punch. I went the attack porygon tree and it learned ice punch at lvl 14 and now it's at lvl 27. Not sure if I have to switch porygon to get different moves or what but it said it would learn new moves every 7 levels. Something else is that the fishing rod isn't useable where the guy asks you to find his magazine. Not sure if I'm supposed to find another one or not. Other than that I'll be sitting in my floaty waiting around for beta 2!

These are bugs that are fixed in the upcoming release. I've been working on adding 50+ new moves, 20+ abilities, and mapping out the entire information for all the new pokemon that will be in this version. That portion ALWAYS takes forever. I'm about 60% done. This will fix all the porygon movesets as well. Also, all the sprite positions will be fixed (you might notice some sprites are off-scale). Also, the pokemon for each route will be updated to be better. Sorry it is taking forever, there is a lot that goes into this patch.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 23, 2019
These are bugs that are fixed in the upcoming release. I've been working on adding 50+ new moves, 20+ abilities, and mapping out the entire information for all the new pokemon that will be in this version. That portion ALWAYS takes forever. I'm about 60% done. This will fix all the porygon movesets as well. Also, all the sprite positions will be fixed (you might notice some sprites are off-scale). Also, the pokemon for each route will be updated to be better. Sorry it is taking forever, there is a lot that goes into this patch.
Oh dont worry take your time, I think the game is great and I get that all this stuff takes a lot of time I'm also really enjoying the "side quests" aspect as well, I hope there are more of these in the new areas!
One other thing is the red gayrados catchable? I bought the two items but cant remember when the old man told me to go. I've been floating around but it always tells me it's not useable.

Le pug

Years
Oh dont worry take your time, I think the game is great and I get that all this stuff takes a lot of time I'm also really enjoying the "side quests" aspect as well, I hope there are more of these in the new areas!
One other thing is the red gayrados catchable? I bought the two items but cant remember when the old man told me to go. I've been floating around but it always tells me it's not useable.

While the old guy for red gyarados is there, the red gyarados isn't in beta 1. The route leading to the red gyarados is north of Sunny Falls which if you walk north you won't get past the top of the map.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game and yes there will be plenty more of those! I already have some great ideas that I'm excited to play with.

Le pug

Years
Alright, it is finally here ... the next update!

This update will include fixes to the sprite positions as well as some other minor bugs.

This will also include an update to all Pokemon information for every pokemon currently in the game. The Porygon sprites as well as all new pokemon. This also includes updates for all Gen 3 pokemon to have the corresponding stat and move changes for Gen 6 or Gen 7 to the best of my ability.

I also included 97 new moves from Gen 4 and beyond, all hand entered D: in which case 20 of those are new Tech-type moves.

I have also added 22 new abilities.

The next update will include an update to the safari zone, an update to certain events, including the addition of new events into certain towns, the closed tower building in west glockdale will become available, the town map will be available, and uhh i think thats it for now.

ANYWAYS here is the download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ky083eox6hrv22/Fat Kid Beta 1.1.9.ups?dl=0
Patched over GBA: 1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan)

Years
Hey man, love this game, so funny and engaging, but an issue with the Torchic script, I have the pepper spray but I keep getting told to go to Shady Shag. Just wondering how to fix this?

Le pug

Years
Hey man, love this game, so funny and engaging, but an issue with the Torchic script, I have the pepper spray but I keep getting told to go to Shady Shag. Just wondering how to fix this?

Ahh the script was checking for the wrong item #. It's fixed.

ALSO in this update, I updated all the pokedex icons! All the grueling work is almost over. I also have discovered the Tech type has been altered in terms of how effective is (rendered almost useless atm) so I will be pushing for a tech type fix for that as well as the images for each type in the next patch.

Here it is, patch 1.2.3: CLICK HERE

Le pug

Years
Been spamming this thread a lot recently ... anyways, since it has been a little over a month since Fat Kid has been out, if you are having problems figuring out any events of Beta 1 or want to see if you missed any content, here is a To-Do that tells you where you can find everything for every event that is currently in the beta. It is a Word document.

Click here to view You can view in the dropbox link. Red means not in use yet and yellow means not completed yet.

EDIT: Also here is 1.2.4 ... added in the Gen 6/7 Exp Share where when one pokemon has an exp share, all pokemon get exp share too!

Click for 1.2.4 patch

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 24, 2018
Hey, this game is awesome and funny! One of my favorites by now :)

But sometimes only my first Pokemon in the Team get exp.. if i switch to another pokemon and end the oppenent, only the other one gets (in that case the half) exp.

And at first attempt i didnt have meowth in the Team, had to restart to get it

Keep the good work!

Back