• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Z_Memez

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2020
10/10 rom hack
Love the title (no joke)
Love the screenshots

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Hello fam,

I am back in the US woohoo.
Now it is time to finish up what I have now and call it a beta. I wanted to add more things but I've run out of time ... can't complain though, there is a lot in the beta as it is.

Now that I can use photoshop again, I'll show some updates ... but be warned: they do contain spoilers to events (not major ones just like events in the game)

Fitler's Gym Challenges:
Spoiler:

Zubat Cave Events (including grappling hook and chest events)
Spoiler:

And now for a random lulz:
Spoiler:

I have a list of bugs I have recorded so I'll get to work on those then finishing up assigning wild pokemon and then finalizing maps and should be gucci for some beta testing

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
The updates look great and your creativity is impeccable! Love the concept as a whole and can not wait to try out the beta once available.

Le pug

Years
Is this ROM hack almost 100% done?

Don't be so silly ... over 90% done with the first beta!

~~~~~~~~

So just like Discovery, I'll be making a live action trailer for Fat Kid! (Don't worry, I know someone who fits him VERY well). It'll even have the fighting-type gym leader Fitler in it (the person the character is based off of). It'll be funny and great and really bring in the first beta. More to come!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Don't be so silly ... over 90% done with the first beta!

~~~~~~~~

So just like Discovery, I'll be making a live action trailer for Fat Kid! (Don't worry, I know someone who fits him VERY well). It'll even have the fighting-type gym leader Fitler in it (the person the character is based off of). It'll be funny and great and really bring in the first beta. More to come!

Man, oh man. You've got already for me on the hype train. I've been keeping a Hawk's eye on this thread. Looking forward to this! Whoop!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I'm not asking about the release date for Fat Kid, but if I may ask will it come out very soon?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
This reminds me of a parody story I've been working on. A fat and/or lazy protagonist is always fun in a roundabout and active kind of setting.

Le pug

Years
I'm not asking about the release date for Fat Kid, but if I may ask will it come out very soon?

Yes, I've finishing up a lot of the details now that I've been putting off. CPT.Fahim is the first to test it out in the mean time. The live action trailer is going to be shot here pretty soon as well.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Yes, I've finishing up a lot of the details now that I've been putting off. CPT.Fahim is the first to test it out in the mean time. The live action trailer is going to be shot here pretty soon as well.

That's good to hear. Can I ask if the live action trailer will come out this week?

Le pug

Years
That's good to hear. Can I ask if the live action trailer will come out this week?

It'll either be late next week or the following week. Ordering some costume material that I'm waiting to arrive then I'll have to meet up with my actors.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
It'll either be late next week or the following week. Ordering some costume material that I'm waiting to arrive then I'll have to meet up with my actors.

Man, I'm a sucker for good trailers that can get me hyped. Since you are working on the trailer, does that mean the beta has been prepared so that it follows up smoothly after the trailer? Also, Do you have a pug by any chance? (I know that's off topic but dingus, I have 3 lil pugs myself.)

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
Man, I'm a sucker for good trailers that can get me hyped. Since you are working on the trailer, does that mean the beta has been prepared so that it follows up smoothly after the trailer? Also, Do you have a pug by any chance? (I know that's off topic but dingus, I have 3 lil pugs myself.)

I'm going to push for it so yeah. I should be ready by then. HOPEFULLY. So tired of sitting on this.

And yes I do. I have two. One is fawn and one is black. The one my account is based around is 6 now and the other is probably like 9 or so (she was adopoted later on)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024

I meant to ask you, is CPT.Fahim testing Fat Kid out on the VBA Emulator? If he is and if you don't mind, I have a Gameboy Advance SP and a Flash Cart, and I would be happy to test out Fat Kid on the actual hardware if you'd like, since I know a lot of people don't have access anymore to GBA's or Flash Carts, so if you want to know how it works on hardware, I will be happy to let you know if that's alright with you. If it's not, that's alright too. Just let me know. Cheers!

CPT.Fahim

CPT.Fahim From Poke Army
Years
I'm using MY BOY! emulator in my phone, can't use VBA :( cause my PC is under repair, I've marked some minor bug and some glitches also,

Le pug

Years
So I ordered the outfits for the fat kid live action trailer ... the first outfit has arrived! Fat Kid's outfit himself:
b7RBfl.jpg
KwcDjxg.png

Next up, Fitler's karate outfit will arrive and filming can commence! Gonna be great. The beta is coming along nicely as well. Just wrapping up scripts and bugs now.

Last edited:
Back