• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
  • if this release is even a second late ur permabanned

OH MY GOD THE PRESSURE IS REAL LOL

you dont even know ... I scripted an entire map with 14 people, 8 signposts, and 10 scripts in like 20 mins my fingers are hurting lol trying to get the last minute cram session in there. I'm gonna have to release what I got in 20 mins ... I'll just do soft patches of the game over the next few days T.T still can be played through and almost no bugs from my perspective

Le pug

Years
  • IT IS UPON US! Beta 1 for PKMN FAT KID!

To download the UPS file, visit here: LINK

OR DOWNLOAD FROM THE ATTACHMENTS BELOW.

Best linked with the ROM type "1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan)" (at least what I have seen so far)
    You'll need NUPS to patch the ROM. You can find it here: Link

THERE ARE THREE PRIZES IN THE GAME

They are easily identifiable (I wouldn't say TOO easy). If you can find it and SCREENSHOT it IN GAME and submit it HERE ON THE THREAD, you win the prize!

!!!YOU CAN ONLY WIN ONCE!!!

Each prize consists of $10 heyooo lol. There will be more contests coming tomorrow. Good luck and have fun! Report all bugs and ask all questions in the thread. I'm here for you!

Thanks for the support up until now!
    Things NOT CURRENTLY in the game:
    • While the Tech type is functional, the Porygon evolutions are AVAILABLE but their movesets are not made and Tech moves haven't been finished so they didn't make the cut (sorry gang. I'll patch it in the next week or so)
    • The PokePhone doesn't have any helpful info on quests and what you should do. This also will be fixed in the next few days. (It'll make it easier for you on where to go)
    • The Type images and palettes are a little wonky. I didn't get around to editing that part of the conversion.
    • The cop overworld sprite needs to be fixed just don't mind that lol.
    • Old man in the safari needs a little update. Safari overall needs to be finished. So far only the first map is sorta playable. Enough to capture some P-mons.

Attachments

• Fat Kid Beta 1.0.1.ups
      9.9 MB · Views: 5
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021
    Le pug just wanted to say you are awesome. Just started the game and it looks like so much fun. Thank you so much. Been struggling in my life lately but fan Pokémon hacks and games always make me happy. So thank you. Imagine what Game Freak would think if they found out you made a game about the generic fat npc in every starting town lol

Le pug

Years
  • Le pug just wanted to say you are awesome. Just started the game and it looks like so much fun. Thank you so much. Been struggling in my life lately but fan Pokémon hacks and games always make me happy. So thank you. Imagine what Game Freak would think if they found out you made a game about the generic fat npc in every starting town lol

Lol they would probably flip out cus its illegal to rom hack and be like "WE ARE GONNA SUE A-YOU A-SO HAWD" lol its not racist people just the language barrier cmon now

Also for everyone who is playing .... ASSUME EVERYTHING HAS A SIGNPOST SCRIPT! IF IT LOOKS LIKE THE FAT KID WOULD MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT IT, he probably did. I'm talking refrigerators, candles, disco balls, you name it! There are so many scripts in this game it is UNBELIEVABLE the amount of content you could read. That's partly what took so long. Trying to come up with so many funny-ish things by myself. It is really hard lol.

THE GAME AT TIMES IS VULGAR AND IS MEANT FOR MORE MATURE AUDIENCES. I try to limit the amount of times it is vulgar but only so much I can do.

Le pug

Years
  • I think I found one of the prizes, is this it?

Yes! Congrats on winning the first prize! There are still TWO MORE PRIZES to find! Check everything and anything!

Congrats again Juventino on your prize of $10. I'll contact you on how to retrieve it.

Years
  • I live in France, and I must say your hack is beautiful and delirious. I hope you will continue your project and succeed. As a french I must say bravo because your hack is one of the best hack

Le pug

Years
  • Alright guys, time to up the prizes~

Cash / Item Prizes

Rules: 1. You can only win ONE prize total.
    2. Cheaters will automatically be disqualified and banned from my heart.
    3. You must have a valid PayPal account or address (depending on the prize)
    4. All submissions for prizes MUST be done through this thread (i.e. submitting screenshots)
    5. Must have a minimum of 15 posts on PokeCommunity and a join date greater than June 1st 2018 to win an item prize.

Prizes: 1. One hidden script in-game that is worth $10 (claimed by juventino1112)
    2. One hidden script in-game that is worth $10
    3. One hidden script in-game that is worth $10
    4. First person to share the in-game reference to Pokemon: Discovery gets $10
    5. First person to share a picture of themselves eating a donut while holding up a print-out of this image wins $10
    6. First person to submit a video of their child(ren) or sibling (ages 1-5) says "Technology is incredible!" will be awarded a Pokemon-related toy up to $20 (this prize is really for the parents out there!)
    7. First person to dress themselves up as the Fat Kid (blue shirt, maroon pants, brown shoes, black belt) will receive a paid-for delivery pizza dinner to your house from a local pizza joint of your choosing (applicable prize in US states only)
    8. First person to complete a Let's Play of the entire Fat Kid game (showing here in links to youtube) will receive a free Pokemon: Fat Kid T-Shirt (winner is chosen by me)

Good luck to all!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2018
    Found all the scripts :) but i'm a new account so i cant participate :( good luck everyone

Le pug

Years

• Yes, that is correct on the reference to Discovery! You win the prize. Congrats

Cash / Item Prizes Update!

Rules: 1. You can only win ONE prize total.
    2. Cheaters will automatically be disqualified and banned from my heart.
    3. You must have a valid PayPal account or address (depending on the prize)
    4. All submissions for prizes MUST be done through this thread (i.e. submitting screenshots)
    5. Must have a minimum of 15 posts on PokeCommunity and a join date greater than June 1st 2018 to win an item prize.

Prizes: 1. One hidden script in-game that is worth $10 (claimed by juventino1112)
    2. One hidden script in-game that is worth $10
    3. One hidden script in-game that is worth $10
    4. First person to share the in-game reference to Pokemon: Discovery gets $10 (claimed by zbaumann98)
    5. First person to share a picture of themselves eating a donut while holding up a print-out of this image wins $10
    6. First person to submit a video of their child(ren) or sibling (ages 1-5) says "Technology is incredible!" will be awarded a Pokemon-related toy up to $20 (this prize is really for the parents out there!)
    7. First person to dress themselves up as the Fat Kid (blue shirt, maroon pants, brown shoes, black belt) will receive a paid-for delivery pizza dinner to your house from a local pizza joint of your choosing (applicable prize in US states only)
    8. First person to complete a Let's Play of the entire Fat Kid game (showing here in links to youtube) will receive a free Pokemon: Fat Kid T-Shirt (winner is chosen by me)

Good luck to all!

Found all the scripts :) but i'm a new account so i cant participate :( good luck everyone

That's fine, submit the last remaining image for the prize winner. If you are going to submit the one from Deez Donuts or the Route 4 beach, then those have been claimed already.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    When I enter the first gym I get black screen, can't get out. Is this happening to everyone else? I still hear music, but when I move in any direction I get the "stuck" sound, let me know if you need screenies (I assume it's a bug and not a feature :P)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    While playing this game pretty sure I found a bug, you can walk through certain trees and the fence, in the area where the power plant is, unless that's what I'm supposed to do (Don't know how to upload screen shots from my phone onto here so...)

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
  • When I enter the first gym I get black screen, can't get out. Is this happening to everyone else? I still hear music, but when I move in any direction I get the "stuck" sound, let me know if you need screenies (I assume it's a bug and not a feature :P)

While playing this game pretty sure I found a bug, you can walk through certain trees and the fence, in the area where the power plant is, unless that's what I'm supposed to do (Don't know how to upload screen shots from my phone onto here so...)

This has been fixed in the newest patch.

IF YOU HAVE NOT STARTED FAT KID YET: DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH : CLICK ME

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY STARTED FAT KID AND WANT TO PLAY YOUR CURRENT SAVE: DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH: CLICK ME

I updated the bug for the grass gym @dhogan, I updated a few tile bugs including the ones by the power plant @scarlet night. Thanks for bringing them up!

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Found an easter egg:
    Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

This was an incredibly fun game that was definitely worth the wait!

Also would like to report a bunch of bugs:
    -The script tiles in the first town cause the game to freeze
    -Fainting on Route 1 takes you to West Glockdale
    -Poke Ball on Route 3 has no flag attached so keeps respawning, also gives 10 Poke Balls each time
    -The Me from the future has a Tyrantrum with a Linoone sprite
    -There are tile loading errors when transitioning from Route 1 to Route 4 along the beach
    -Several trainers don't have correct sprites (Gym leaders, Bill)
    -Talking to a trash can in Bill's house puts you on a scooter
    -2 people in the West Glockdale Poke Centre don't have scripts
    -Psychic types have type-matchup issues (they have the same as techno type)
    -Zubat Cave is not set as an underground area so the battles appear on regular grass
    -A Wild Omastar in Zubat Cave is holding a sacred ash
    -You can encounter missingno in Zubat Cave

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2018
    I enjoyed playing through the beta of your hack- it's ridiculously comedic and the Porygon forms are literally, without a doubt, awesome!

Last edited:
    Back