• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Fire Ash

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 11, 2021
So, if the game is in the style (play-wise) of Fire Red and Leaf Green, does that mean the catch rate is also in that same generation? Because, I'll be honest, 4% chance per Ultra Ball to catch Legendaries that are at 1hp and asleep is a little obscene. I'd be fine with Gen 5 even, which bumps it up to 11.5%.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it's possible with 4% to catch them, it's just annoying constantly having to save before every legendary and reload a bunch of times. (Effectively, using 50-100 ultra-balls for each one)

I've actually been having someone look into this for me and they are having issues honestly telling this kindof stuff based on the coding :/

Years
So waited for ages to get cranidos revived in Oreburgh... then it just tells me it didn't live long? Is there another fossil somewhere or whats the deal?

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
For those having trouble getting the girl to move out of the way of the Mikan gym entrance, try going to Tangelo first, and talk to the Lapras after defeating three poachers and Tracey (who thinks you're trying to hurt it, as well). It will join your team. Then go back to Mikan. The girl should be gone. At least, that's what worked for me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
I REALLY REALLY need help because I have been playing this game for 80 hours, searching through forums and all that jazz and I still cannot find how you do things like Cut and Surf in this game. I know Fly was replaced with the teleport, but how do I hack down trees to get to new places? Or hell even Surf. I am in the Orange Islands and even have Lapras now, but still no luck.
What do I do?
Where do I go to get the abilities? Please help, someone?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
So waited for ages to get cranidos revived in Oreburgh... then it just tells me it didn't live long? Is there another fossil somewhere or whats the deal?

I have the same problem. I saved before talking to the guy so now I'm 3 towns ahead and still every time I talk to the guy he either tells me to come back later or that the fossil failed.

Any tips about this or is it an already known issue? I'd really like to have it because I've been catching all the possible Pokemon before it and have over 400 already. It would suck if it and its evolution are the only ones I couldn't get in the end.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
I REALLY REALLY need help because I have been playing this game for 80 hours, searching through forums and all that jazz and I still cannot find how you do things like Cut and Surf in this game. I know Fly was replaced with the teleport, but how do I hack down trees to get to new places? Or hell even Surf. I am in the Orange Islands and even have Lapras now, but still no luck.
What do I do?
Where do I go to get the abilities? Please help, someone?

You don't get any HM moves. The trees are there for a reason and you use boats to go around water. For water Pokemon use your rods.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
You don't get any HM moves. The trees are there for a reason and you use boats to go around water. For water Pokemon use your rods.

Yes, but what about the trees that you would cut in any legit pokemon game? The ones that are blocking various things or items? How am I meant to get passed those? or Surf to places that you are clearly meant to surf to, since there is like stuff visible to grab but no way of getting to it without cut or surf?

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
I'm also wondering what to do at the Pokemon Swap Meet. Do I have to participate in the Tauros competition in order to proceed? Because...I skipped that part. I tried to catch a Tauros, but couldn't get one to stay in the stinkin' Safari Ball. I swear they programmed the Safari Ball to have an even worse catch rate than the Poke Ball.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
Yes, but what about the trees that you would cut in any legit pokemon game? The ones that are blocking various things or items? How am I meant to get passed those? or Surf to places that you are clearly meant to surf to, since there is like stuff visible to grab but no way of getting to it without cut or surf?

Like I said, if you can't get to something it means you either aren't supposed to get it yet or ever, or you haven't done something that's needed to proceed to that area. You will never get surf or cut.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
I'm also wondering what to do at the Pokemon Swap Meet. Do I have to participate in the Tauros competition in order to proceed? Because...I skipped that part. I tried to catch a Tauros, but couldn't get one to stay in the stinkin' Safari Ball. I swear they programmed the Safari Ball to have an even worse catch rate than the Poke Ball.

Not sure, I did it as soon as I got there. Getting a Tauros isn't hard, they have a high spawn rate in the Safari Zone. Just spam balls at them and you should be able to get one easily.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 11, 2021
---------------------------
Fire Ash
---------------------------
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `pbType' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0xa126000>

PokeBattle_AI:3498:in `pbRoughAccuracy'

PokeBattle_AI:2569:in `pbGetMoveScore'

PokeBattle_AI:3632:in `pbChooseMoves'

PokeBattle_AI:3630:in `each'

PokeBattle_AI:3630:in `pbChooseMoves'

PokeBattle_AI:4058:in `pbDefaultChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_ActualScene:2729:in `pbChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Battle:2363:in `pbCommandPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2358:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:2358:in `pbCommandPhase'

Got this error AGAIN when fighting Misty's Corsola at the Silver Conference. Is Corsola's move set just nonexistent??

Years
I have the same problem. I saved before talking to the guy so now I'm 3 towns ahead and still every time I talk to the guy he either tells me to come back later or that the fossil failed.

Any tips about this or is it an already known issue? I'd really like to have it because I've been catching all the possible Pokemon before it and have over 400 already. It would suck if it and its evolution are the only ones I couldn't get in the end.

So I can't confirm it but there's supposed to be a fossil shop so i stopped worrying about it. although have gone back to cinnabar for every fossil after that and havn't had that problem again. Not sure yet where the fossil shop is though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
So I can't confirm it but there's supposed to be a fossil shop so i stopped worrying about it. although have gone back to cinnabar for every fossil after that and havn't had that problem again. Not sure yet where the fossil shop is though.

Where did you see this info about a fossil shop?

Can anyone here confirm this?

Years
Where did you see this info about a fossil shop?

Can anyone here confirm this?

I saw someone i think on here ask where it was. then I went to the website to see when it was added. Was added in version 2.0. Go to the updates page of the website to see for yourself.
But all it says that there was one added in so I have no idea where it is in the game only that I've just arrived in Castelia City and haven't come across it yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
I saw someone i think on here ask where it was. then I went to the website to see when it was added. Was added in version 2.0. Go to the updates page of the website to see for yourself.
But all it says that there was one added in so I have no idea where it is in the game only that I've just arrived in Castelia City and haven't come across it yet.

OK cool, I'm around there too. If/when I find it I'll let you know.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
Hi everybody, i'm stuck in Route 36.

I have a weird problem.
There is this dude before the sudowoodo saying he lost his pokeball... and there is the totally same dude nearby saying he found it ! Why the first one is still here ?

I won against Falkner in Violet City, caught an unown for the guy near the ruins of alph and the old man in the sprout tower keep blocking the stairs saying "Only those who have traindes rigorously are allowed to go up"...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
Hi everybody, i'm stuck in Route 36.

I have a weird problem.
There is this dude before the sudowoodo saying he lost his pokeball... and there is the totally same dude nearby saying he found it ! Why the first one is still here ?

I won against Falkner in Violet City, caught an unown for the guy near the ruins of alph and the old man in the sprout tower keep blocking the stairs saying "Only those who have traindes rigorously are allowed to go up"...

You aren't supposed to go past Sudowoodo from that side, the guy will disappear when you remove it. Go south towards Azalea Town.

I think you can't go up to the 2nd floor of the Sprout tower.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 11, 2021
I looked in the Sprout Tower using the editor and there is no inside for the building. As such you can't go into it ever.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 27, 2018
Hi.
I'm stuck in road 5. I can't pass the guardian. Even if i have defeated the Cerulean Gym Leader, the guardian say " I can't let you pass. Gym leader's orders ".
How can i move on ? I have have talked to all people in Cerulean and got Bulbasaur. Not nothing seems to work.

Have i missed something ? Or it's a bug ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 27, 2018
in hearthome city even after i beated the tag team battle and met gary beated him and again reached hearthome city the guide is infront of the gym and says gym leader is not in usually it should be one of the rival that should stand infront of it and give me secret potion.. any idea how to get secret potion to move the psyduck aside..plzz help i cant play anything more.. if any one knows the answer plz tell me at my gmail id: [email protected]..

Last edited:
Back