• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Gold 1.4

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
  • This looks wonderful! Downloading this now! I should also mention that there's another hack called "Fire Gold" in the sideshowcase.

EDIT: I tried patching the file onto a squirrels rom file but it said that the patch file doesn't match or something. I'm very sure the ROM I've been using is clean as it's from a reputed source and has worked on other hacks without a hitch.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looks fantastic and was looking forward to play, however the ROM is not compatible with the patch and I'm using the right one, 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U) (Squirrels).gba

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Speaking of: Does this include some of the Encounter improvements from Crystal?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2022
    Can't seem to patch it with a clean firered squirrel rom that I also use for other romhacks...

EDIT:
    Finally fixed it. To everyone wondering, you need to first uncheck the checksum validation or ignore sum validation in other patchers before patching the game

Last edited:

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • This looks wonderful! Downloading this now! I should also mention that there's another hack called "Fire Gold" in the sideshowcase.

EDIT: I tried patching the file onto a squirrels rom file but it said that the patch file doesn't match or something. I'm very sure the ROM I've been using is clean as it's from a reputed source and has worked on other hacks without a hitch.

the other one came out as I was under development, but thank you for the mention. i hope my fire gold brings you joy!
    you need to hit the ignore option in the ups patcher!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • the other one came out as I was under development, but thank you for the mention. i hope my fire gold brings you joy!
    you need to hit the ignore option in the ups patcher!

Thank you! I also wants to ask, does your version have higher difficulty? Or is it nuzlockable?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Sorry' for double posting, i started playing and I'm absolutely in love with how you did the maps, espcially by using the Fire Red base tiles with edits. It actually feels like genuine remake on the GBA. I really request you make a harder difficulty patch for players who would like a challenge, somewhat like how shiny gold did with Shiny Gold X. I hope you take this into consideration!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Really enjoying myself so far, thought I'd make a suggestion or two:

- It would be really nice if Kurt could make multiple of a single ball if you have more than one apricorn. It's a bit of a hassle to keep exiting his house and then rentering to recieve ball one at a time.

- Have you considered making GBA renditions of the Pokemon sprites from GSC? I feel it would add so much more visual flavor.

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Really enjoying myself so far, thought I'd make a suggestion or two:

- It would be really nice if Kurt could make multiple of a single ball if you have more than one apricorn. It's a bit of a hassle to keep exiting his house and then rentering to recieve ball one at a time.

- Have you considered making GBA renditions of the Pokemon sprites from GSC? I feel it would add so much more visual flavor.

I don't have the ability to add multiple ball selection.
    and yes I am working on some sprites!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Honestly, i love the music so much. You've done a phenomenal job! Just reached Goldenrod. Thought I'd ask the following:

- If my memory serves right, in Crystal you recieve an egg from the day care which contains either Magby, Elekid or smoochum with a higher chance of being shiny. Do you plan to implement this in a future update?

- Do you have plans of updating the battle backgrounds to make them look more visually pleasing?

- How do traded Pokemon like machoke, Graveller etc evolve?

- Are cross generational evolutions available like Rhyperior, Magnezone, Togekiss, Glaceon etc?

EDIT: I tried to deliver the spearow holding the letter to the chubby guy, but he still keeps talking about taking a snooze.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Just started playing this yesterday and loving it so far !!
    How do I evolve my Scyther tho ?
    Thought I could use the link cable but doesn't seem to be the case.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Noticed you have the Day Night system, but it looks like you're using an older implementation, which bugs when entering and exiting doors. I remember reading years ago that someone managed to fix the bug.

Check this out:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonROM..._new_daynight_system_for_pokeemerald_will_be/

Not sure if Diego would give you rights to use his implementation though. And its for pokeemerald anyways.

Last edited:
    Back