• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Gold 1.4

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
Years
  • Hello. I was playing yesterday and the game crashes sometimes when i look into the pokedex info, actually not a big problem because after the first time it crashed i started to save game before using the pokedex. Besides Raikou appeared in the grass just too early! (i went into the burned tower, awakened the beasts and seconds after i was battling him on route 38... pretty sure it was the first time i did find it that fast) aaand he does not run away (it is a bug?), my pokemon were level 30-35, only 3 ultraballs and he used ROAR deleting himself from the game lol.

I'm playing it just for fun anyways, not thinking too much about ev's/natures and that kind of things usually i do when I play like catching specific pokémon, just checking here and there.

It feels fine as a fan of 2nd gen but the first crash caught me out of guard and having to reset kinda hurts my mood.

Hoping the best. Waiting for more (:

I'm glad you like it!!
    we are fixing the pokedex right now, the poor little thing is just reading too much data.
    raikou and entei appear in the normal sequence like the originals, it runs away in the latest update now, and them using roar will not delete themselves, as they will re-appear in the grass in the future

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • Started playing this today and I'm enjoying it so far. Very polished and I enjoy some of the liberties you took with the overworld map. :)

From what I can tell, the Battle Tower is not available in this version of the game. Once the Battle Tower is operational, I'd like to ask if you could also implement some sort of IV perfector and a way to change your Pokémon's Nature. Maybe you could program an NPC to charge something (rare items, lots of money, Game Corner coins, whatever) for such "services"?

I'd really love it if you could implement such a feature.

that's the plan! I'm happy you like it!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I downloaded the ups file on discord and when I try to patch it with a Pokemon FireRed rom it says it's invalid

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    that's the plan! I'm happy you like it!

First off, nice job with the recent update, keep 'em coming! That said, I've noticed a bug where after choosing your starter, you're prompted on whether you want to nickname it. When selecting 'no', the player character's walking animation is triggered during the subsequent conversation with Prof. Elm. It isn't game breaking as it is a minor annoyance, yet I wanted to mention it in case you may have overlooked it. With that, I look forward to seeing what you give us in the next update. Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    This game is a major triumph. At the start I kept getting confused about whether I was playing soul-silver or this (as I was helping my daughter play SS).

The version I have has some visual glitches regarding ladders, and also the very first room you start in New Bark Town. But they don't seem to break the game.

Overall, from what I've played of this so far, it's really incredible.

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • This game is a major triumph. At the start I kept getting confused about whether I was playing soul-silver or this (as I was helping my daughter play SS).

The version I have has some visual glitches regarding ladders, and also the very first room you start in New Bark Town. But they don't seem to break the game.

Overall, from what I've played of this so far, it's really incredible.

thanks a bunch! i intended the ladders to be like that, but as I'm getting more complaints about them being 'off', i may change them in the future!

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • First off, nice job with the recent update, keep 'em coming! That said, I've noticed a bug where after choosing your starter, you're prompted on whether you want to nickname it. When selecting 'no', the player character's walking animation is triggered during the subsequent conversation with Prof. Elm. It isn't game breaking as it is a minor annoyance, yet I wanted to mention it in case you may have overlooked it. With that, I look forward to seeing what you give us in the next update. Keep it up!

that little bug is not budging so far, i will figure something out for sure, thanks for liking fire gold!

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • I found a glitch (or did I miss anything?) when I was trying to deliver the Spearow mail. The man on Route 31 won't ask me if I had any mail.

And another dumb question but where is the Coin Case? I can't find it in Goldenrod Tunnel or Goldenrod Game Corner.

Very great job on doing Gen 2 remakes on Gen 3 with HGSS and Gen 6+ improvents, though.

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • strawberry, the spearow, does hold the mail in the original, here you need to take the letter off from him
    coin case is in underground tunnel behind a tree, not hidden but not visible
    and I'm glad you like it!

Years
  • looks pretty great so far, even though Im only in the beginning... johto is my fav region, so I love these kinds of hacks!!
    i will keep an eye out for the extra content you plan to make :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Hello, I am a Pokemon lover from China. I would like to translate your FireRed Pokémon Fire Gold 1.4 into Chinese, and I would like to seek your approval!

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2022
    Caught a Hoothoot with Tinted Lens but evolved into a Noctowl with Insomnia.
    Is this intended or a bug?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    that little bug is not budging so far, i will figure something out for sure, thanks for liking fire gold!

Good, good...

Anyhow, I am curious on whether you added hidden abilities as a whole mechanic or merely replaced the secondary abilities of some pokémon WITH the hidden abilities. Like, for example, is it possible for Pidgey to get one of its three abilities – Keen Eye, Tangled Feet, or its hidden ability, Big Pecks – or did you simply replace Tangled Feet with Big Pecks?

Back