• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireGold

C7XL

Robot Rock
    Years
    Does this not work on original hardware via a flashcart? It just hangs at the GBA logo screen for me. Tested my patched file with an emulator on PC, that works.

Seems like it doesn't work on original hardware. It runs smoothly until I view my Pokemon Party or have an encounter and go to battle. Too bad since I've been enjoying it on an emulator and wanted to play it on my GBA.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    UPDATE

Hi all.
    Putting this on a temporary hiatus as I am starting a new job, to which I will be devoting all my attentions.
    Wish me luck!

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Seems like it doesn't work on original hardware. It runs smoothly until I view my Pokemon Party or have an encounter and go to battle. Too bad since I've been enjoying it on an emulator and wanted to play it on my GBA.

Yes it works
    I play on original gba sp w ez flash omega
    Im at johto
    NO problems

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    hey just some quick questions

1. can we get an item list? I'm wondering where to find all TMs and eviolite
    2. is there a move reminder before johto?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi Snowpeople,

I discovered your project few days ago. Hope you are doing well in your new job!!!

Is recently I began to have interest in Pokemon Rom hacks, and for me the biggest appeal is the quantity of regions and pokemons available. But your project have a bonus, the story of Kanto and Johto.

I began few attempts to begin to learn how to modify the game. And using your rom as base I finally started to have some progress. The first thing I did is a dream I have by a long time... Add Hoenn in the same game of Kanto and Johto to be playable.

I used the 2.2 hard version as a base. Changed trainers to have better ai, items, all with 6 pokemons. Only Gym leaders and notable foes have Evs. Updated pokemon sprites, trainers, redraw some overworld sprites.

I added the overworld, and now I began to add the dungeons. Wild pokemons are added in the maps as well. I'm considering Hoenn as a post game.

After this I want to learn the basics of script to add the NPCs and turn Hoenn Alive. Long term I want to learn how to expand the pokedex and add new pokémons

Thank you very much, your game was really inspirational to me.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    hey just some quick questions

1. can we get an item list? I'm wondering where to find all TMs and eviolite
    2. is there a move reminder before johto?

There is a move reminder in Fuchsia City. though make sure you are on the latest version.
    I can put together a brief item list for you, though it may not be 100% accurate. Please allow me a little time to sort this for you.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hi Snowpeople,

I discovered your project few days ago. Hope you are doing well in your new job!!!

Is recently I began to have interest in Pokemon Rom hacks, and for me the biggest appeal is the quantity of regions and pokemons available. But your project have a bonus, the story of Kanto and Johto.

I began few attempts to begin to learn how to modify the game. And using your rom as base I finally started to have some progress. The first thing I did is a dream I have by a long time... Add Hoenn in the same game of Kanto and Johto to be playable.

I used the 2.2 hard version as a base. Changed trainers to have better ai, items, all with 6 pokemons. Only Gym leaders and notable foes have Evs. Updated pokemon sprites, trainers, redraw some overworld sprites.

I added the overworld, and now I began to add the dungeons. Wild pokemons are added in the maps as well. I'm considering Hoenn as a post game.

After this I want to learn the basics of script to add the NPCs and turn Hoenn Alive. Long term I want to learn how to expand the pokedex and add new pokémons

Thank you very much, your game was really inspirational to me.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad this little project of mine is able to influence you so positively.
    Best of luck with your game, I'd love to see your progress some time!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Here you go.

Apologies for the lack of detail.
    Also, as I mentioned, it may not be 100% accurate due to some minor alterations since the sheet was made and my own lack of organisation.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2022
    This hack rom is amazing. it was always my dream to travel in Jhoto in Fire red.
    So thank you.

It would have been even more incredible if the jhoto events were set 3 years earlier than Gold / Silver.
    i.e. modifying some elements of the story so as to give the feeling of actually playing a gold / silver prequel with Red as protagonist.

However this is already an excellent hack rom

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    This hack rom is amazing. it was always my dream to travel in Jhoto in Fire red.
    So thank you.

It would have been even more incredible if the jhoto events were set 3 years earlier than Gold / Silver.
    i.e. modifying some elements of the story so as to give the feeling of actually playing a gold / silver prequel with Red as protagonist.

However this is already an excellent hack rom

Thank you for your kind words!
    I'm very pleased that you're enjoying this game.
    Though your comments about setting the G/S story events 3 years earlier are confusing me a little. I have already modified text to eliminate the implication that the events are set years later. Fore example, the final Rocket in Slowpoke Well has dialogue changed from "Yeah, Team Rocket was broken up three years ago." to simply "Yeah, Team Rocket was broken up."

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    This hack rom is amazing, i really want to play a pokémon with kanto and johto together, but similar the original fire red now i can. Thanks a lot

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Thesnowpeople can you Tell me the location offset of the moves? I wanna chance some effects and somes Gyn leaders attacks using the pokémon game editor, ALL the offset locations that you replace, If you have It.
    Thanks a Lot again

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Thesnowpeople can you Tell me the location offset of the moves? I wanna chance some effects and somes Gyn leaders attacks using the pokémon game editor, ALL the offset locations that you replace, If you have It.
    Thanks a Lot again

Hi!
    Thanks for your kind words.
    Here's the .ini for Pokémon Game Editor. Sorry it took so long to respond to you.

Spoiler:

C7XL

Robot Rock
    Years

Just to update/clarify, this actually works fine on real/original hardware, I had edited the game which was the cause of it not working prior.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Hey guys, I am having problems patching the rom. What base am I using or what app should I use to patch it??? Thanks so much

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2022
    Upon entering route 42 and the cave, nothing happens and I can't seem to get the hm strength 🥲🥲

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
    Where do i get the other 2 starters (picked totodile)?
    Tried trading between save files (using MyBoy) but after the trade finishes, the game freezes.

Back