• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireGold

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't see Island 1,2,3. no rock mash, no water fall. not even mewtwo. won E4 but failed to open Mewtwo's cave. why is there no island 1,2,3,4,5,6,7?

Did you even read what this romhack does? It's literally on the first line under "features" that the Sevii islands were replaced.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Sorry to hear this. Have you fought Silver on Route 29?
    Looks like I will be releasing updated versions tomorrow so I'd like to get a fix in for this if there's an issue.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    I don't see Island 1,2,3. no rock mash, no water fall. not even mewtwo. won E4 but failed to open Mewtwo's cave. why is there no island 1,2,3,4,5,6,7?

The Sevii Isles have been replaced by Johto. Cerulean Cave is accessible once an in-game event has been completed on Route 26, after the first League victory.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    I found one NPC on Route 45/46, south of Blackthorn, Hiker Thimoty, that freezes the game completely when he throw out one Dugtrio during the battle. I don't know if this happens only for me. I'm playing on Visual Boy Advance.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2021
    After receiving the Mystery egg from Mr.Pokemon, on the way back to Professor Elm, I couldn't meet Silver. Currently still stopping here :( i don't know how to update to the latest version, if any. please show me

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    After receiving the Mystery egg from Mr.Pokemon, on the way back to Professor Elm, I couldn't meet Silver. Currently still stopping here :( i don't know how to update to the latest version, if any. please show me

Im working on it now. I will reply to this comment when its done.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    I found one NPC on Route 45/46, south of Blackthorn, Hiker Thimoty, that freezes the game completely when he throw out one Dugtrio during the battle. I don't know if this happens only for me. I'm playing on Visual Boy Advance.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Dugtrio has been known to cause a few glitches in the game but I'm not sure why. Rebuilding their team seems to solve the issue so I will do so for the upcoming update in the near future.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Hey :D First of all, what a nice ROM Hack you're creating! I love these hacks that focus on updating old games mechanics without turning them into a complete mess hehehe I just finished Kanto and found some minor bugs, nothing that could break my game and all of them were already mentioned here. Although, I noticed that the HM Fly wasn't updated like the rest of the moves (it is still 70 power, instead of the current 90). Apart from that, I'm really excited about your game! Congrats :D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hey :D First of all, what a nice ROM Hack you're creating! I love these hacks that focus on updating old games mechanics without turning them into a complete mess hehehe I just finished Kanto and found some minor bugs, nothing that could break my game and all of them were already mentioned here. Although, I noticed that the HM Fly wasn't updated like the rest of the moves (it is still 70 power, instead of the current 90). Apart from that, I'm really excited about your game! Congrats :D

Thanks for the kind words!
    I'm releasing updated versions shortly so I'll get fly updated for those for the release, thanks for the heads up!

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2021
    I finished WHITNET Goldengod Gym but didn't get the Plain Badge. :((( I don't know if I'm wrong. Is there any wrong process if I keep going?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    I finished WHITNET Goldengod Gym but didn't get the Plain Badge. :((( I don't know if I'm wrong. Is there any wrong process if I keep going?

Trying to leave should trigger an event with the npc nearest her. After you've spoken to that npc, Whitney will have stopped crying and will give you the badge.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2021
    I finished fighting and walked out of the GYM, no NPC talked to me to let her give the badge.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2021
    Just updated to 1.6 and still can't get the events to trigger after receiving the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon. Tried on both mGBA and VBA emulators. Very unfortunate as I was having a lot of fun playing the hack.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Just updated to 1.6 and still can't get the events to trigger after receiving the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon. Tried on both mGBA and VBA emulators. Very unfortunate as I was having a lot of fun playing the hack.

Hi there.
    Sorry this doesn't seem to be working for you. I've taken a look at the scripts and I'm not able to spot anything wrong, nor did the issue occur during any of my playthroughs.
    The only thing I can think of is that the flag has somehow already been set.
    Do you have any knowledge of advancemap and XSE at all?
    If so, feel free to PM me and we can work out a solution for you.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Latest fix solves issue with events not occurring. Issue was down to the variable i used being used by the PC for storage space.

Back