• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2017
    First off I really loved the first beta and I'm excited to play the next, but every time I enter my name and finish the prologue the screen gets black. After a few seconds the titlescreen appears again and the problem repeats. Does somebody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Years
  • Great job colonelsalt! I cant wait to see the hack finished to beat the shit out of Red,get his Charizard and use it as my Hm Slave.
    And by the way,if bulbasaur is still in Oak´s table,can we go to the lab and steal it in the next beta? I really like Bulbasaur.And adding breeding would be great too

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • Guysssssssss I am still alive and rockin and rollin.
    I'm sorry about the complete radio silence these last couple of weeks, but university (and indeed, big-city) life has taken me quite by storm. Although I'm still honestly overwhelmed with stuff to do, I've come to settle ever slightly into something that resembles a routine, and work on Beta 3 is resuming shortly.

Also by the way, although I've somewhat jarringly transitioned into writing in British English to get that British grammar down, Rocket Edition will still be in American English.
    I stumbled upon this rom hack and I just had to let you know. That I have never enjoyed a rom hack more than this one in my life. I enjoyed every second of it. The story, the features such as stealing and taking a more evil or good route is awesome. I'm so glad I found this and I'll be sure to tell my friends about it, I can't wait until this great game is finished. I'll be waiting!
    :)
    Still loving this hack. You are doing an amazing job. I hope to see a whole game in the future.
    Hi there, I started and completed the beta last night. It was a lot of fun. It has some good change ups that make it do well as a rocket fan game, such as the bribing officers or returning pokemon.I really liked the way everything played out in it to.

The story is really nice! I can't wait to see where it goes in future. The backstory for Gary in Lavendar is pretty cool to, and I liked that fan lore was used as the base of it, especially when the story revolves around the concept of the pokemon war in Kanto.

It's put the whole story of FR/LG in a fun new perspective. Looking forward to future releases!
    This is the greatest hacked rom of all time please take your time with beta 3. Beta 2 was amazing.
    Guys, you make me emotional and I'm not being sarcastic. I really can't tell you how awesome it is when you people take the time to express your appreciation for the game like this-- it is golden, it is touching, it is the greatest form of motivation.
    I didn't think you would ever release a new beta, thanks so much!
    Dudeeee. Have some more faith in me, man. ;)
    Hey man, really awesome with a new update, thrilled to see what you cooked up for us this time ;) About the "freeze" error, I also get it, but It works if I use a different emulator, (im a tablet player so I went from myBOY to "playGBAGBC" and it seemed to do the trick, but Now I cant fastforward-grind anymore </3)

Keep up the good work dude, I hope we get another update soon!
    Thank you so much!
    I've been looking around to see this myBoy-bug for myself, and it seems to be device-specific, as the game runs perfectly with default settings on my Galaxy S7. Are you running the game with or without the GBA BIOS installed?
    First off I really loved the first beta and I'm excited to play the next, but every time I enter my name and finish the prologue the screen gets black. After a few seconds the titlescreen appears again and the problem repeats. Does somebody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks so much for the support!
    I am aware of this bug (this is what rocketlaunchr is talking about above), but I haven't quite pinpointed its source yet. I take it you're using the myBoy emulator?
    Off the top of my head I would suggest that you a) Install the GBA BIOS into myBoy (the option for which you can find in the "Advanced settings" section), b) Try a different emulator, or (if all else fails), c) play through the game using VisualBoyAdvance on the PC. Really sorry about the inconvenience here; I'm working to sort it out.
    Let me know if you manage to get it working!
    This hack is awesome
    It's my dream to play as rocket

The problem is all pokemon even the one you you catch is not obey the orders
    Thanks, man! It's my dream too.
    The obedience thing: really? I was not aware of this. Which emulator are you using?
    I am aware that in-game traded Pokemon will not obey you if its level is too high-- this is an unintended bug that will be promptly fixed, but was not aware that it extended further. I'll look into it.
    Have trade evolutions been changed? If so, how does Graveler evolve?
    Nope, but they will be for the next beta. Promise.
    does anyone know how to get the pokeflute?
    Well... if you're lucky, you might just end up not needing it. No spoilers.
    Hey man. Any idea on a time frame of the next release? I've already finished the second beta and I still love it.
    That's awesome to hear.
    Time is a commodity for me at the moment, but darn it I'll find time for this if I have to cut into my sleep. Standard reply: as soon as possible. I'll make sure to keep you guys posted as I progress along.
    Hope this doesn't die like ToxicPurple...

+1 support
    lol. Agreed. Thanks
    Hello again, just finished the second beta. I played with my old save file from Beta One (the one with a poliwrath, vileplume, arcanine, and pidgeotto strong enough to beat Red). I also agree the difficulty curve is a bit off - the trainers and wild pokemon around cerulean city should be bumped up a few levels. I also like the incentives in place both for playing a no-thieving run and stealing everything not nailed to the floor. I haven't noticed any glitches, and I love the tie-ins with other game events that you sprinkle in. Can't wait for Beta Three!
    Awesome, mate. Great to see the old save file worked out without trouble too.
    Like I've mentioned before, adjusting Trainer levels is a delicate balance, especially with multiple possible paths to a destination. The feedback is much appreciated, though, and I might consider adjusting those.
    Great job colonelsalt! I cant wait to see the hack finished to beat the **** out of Red,get his Charizard and use it as my Hm Slave.
    And by the way,if bulbasaur is still in Oak´s table,can we go to the lab and steal it in the next beta? I really like Bulbasaur.And adding breeding would be great too
    Thankyou! Hehe I'm not telling anything. But look forward to it.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2019
    Thanks, man! It's my dream too.
    The obedience thing: really? I was not aware of this. Which emulator are you using?
    I am aware that in-game traded Pokemon will not obey you if its level is too high-- this is an unintended bug that will be promptly fixed, but was not aware that it extended further. I'll look into it.

I'm using Android MyBoy!

Yes all pokemon after level 10 they won't obey your
    Like traded pokemon
    I thought it's because you steeling the pokemon until i catch one itz also same thing

Sorry my english not that good

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2022
    I just wanted to say this hack really reminds me of Pokemon Apollo, and that was the hack that inspired me to join this cool community. Take your time with this dude, I don't care if the finished game doesn't come out until years from now, I thoroughly am excited to see what you come up with next.

Komedinos

Assasin and Poison Designer.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2019
    Can't wait for Beta 3....can we have just an update about the progress..I know you are busy with your life and other stuff me too when I was making hacks I understand you..but can you give us an update..? Awesome hack finished the beta 2 in 2 hours.. XD

Years
  • Got a feeling that this could be one of the best hacks, it's sow amazing and creative I absolutely love it...
    Can't wait to play some more
    Well done for the great work

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • Your ROM looks awesome can't wait the last version of this ROM
    wow... gd job.. looking for the team rocket version for a long time.....
    I just wanted to say this hack really reminds me of Pokemon Apollo, and that was the hack that inspired me to join this cool community. Take your time with this dude, I don't care if the finished game doesn't come out until years from now, I thoroughly am excited to see what you come up with next.
    Just posting my support for this cant wait to see the finished product
    wow how did i not know this was out??? i played the first beta and thought it was awesome. can't wait to play beta 2 :)
    Just finished the second beta and I really enjoyed it! Can't wait for more content in the future!
    Got a feeling that this could be one of the best hacks, it's sow amazing and creative I absolutely love it...
    Can't wait to play some more
    Well done for the great work
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Can't wait for Beta 3....can we have just an update about the progress..I know you are busy with your life and other stuff me too when I was making hacks I understand you..but can you give us an update..? Awesome hack finished the beta 2 in 2 hours.. XD
    Can't wait to get it out!

Progress pics will be up once I have something substantial to show that isn't too spoilery, promise. Been recently working on some updates for Beta 3 having to do with low-level game mechanics (perhaps including the functionality a certain VS-seeking device, who knows), which don't lend themselves to very sexy screenshots. But stay tuned! I will keep you up to date on the game's progress.
    I'm using Android MyBoy!

Yes all pokemon after level 10 they won't obey your
    Like traded pokemon
    I thought it's because you steeling the pokemon until i catch one itz also same thing

Sorry my english not that good

Right-o. Sorry about this.

In response to this and other bug reports, Beta v2.1 has now been released, fixing a few bugs and dialogue inconsistencies here and there; further information is in the first post. In lieu of getting anybody got too excited-- there are no new story or gameplay elements here from beta 2.0 (really, none whatsoever), so you'll miss out on nothing here if you've already played Beta 2.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    In my opinion, this is exactly what ROM hacks should be- a game situated inside the universe, but at the same time completely different from the original games system and experience.

It helps that the dialogue, pacing, and concept itself are all perfect :)

Komedinos

Assasin and Poison Designer.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2019
    I'm praying that the save files to work because I won red have a 130.000 bounty on me and 35.000 money and 5 pokemon 35 level each ... when I get the beta 3 ips file what do I do next I patch with a fire red rom file and use the same files or patch to the beta 2 rom?

Trainer 766

I'm praying that the save files to work because I won red have a 130.000 bounty on me and 35.000 money and 5 pokemon 35 level each ... when I get the beta 3 ips file what do I do next I patch with a fire red rom file and use the same files or patch to the beta 2 rom?
    Patch on a clean Fire Red v1.0 ROM.Then rename the .gba/.sav file the same as .gba/.sav file.The .sav amd .gba must have the same name in order to continue the game.Unless Beta 3 will have big changes in which you have to restart the game.

Back