• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Following Character script

Status
Not open for further replies.

PietroMaker96

Pokémon: Il Portale del Tempo
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
I downloaded the Following 3.1

worked perfectly but when I changed the chipset (tileset) gives me this error when I talk to the professor

I have not deleted or moved events

here is the error:

---------------------------
Pokemon Following Character v3.1
Exception: RuntimeError

Section126:446:in `addEvent'undefined method `x' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

Kernel.pbCreatePokemon
Kernel.pbAddDependency2(29, "Dependent", 3)
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Game_Player_:17:in `pbAddDependency2'

(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `eval'

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

PietroMaker96

Pokémon: Il Portale del Tempo
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
Can you explain?

I did not understand what I do to solve the problem

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
Does the latest update have everything done on your Working On section?

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
Years
Ah I knew you would finish it off Nhan, now I can start my game off again. Thankyou its a great feature to any game.

Could somebody make sprites for the 5th Gen? That would make it even better!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
hi all If anyone is finding an issue with connected maps (the connected map is black) then good news as i have fixed that issue
go to the PokemonFollowingV3 script and on line 260 were it says init replace with init(map) and that should fix that. Once I have ironed out a few other bugs i'll upload here (aslong as i have permission that is)

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
hi all If anyone is finding an issue with connected maps (the connected map is black) then good news as i have fixed that issue
go to the PokemonFollowingV3 script and on line 260 were it says init replace with init(map) and that should fix that. Once I have ironed out a few other bugs i'll upload here (aslong as i have permission that is)

So let me guess u got it from PEDS, and said you fixed it?

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years

LOL. Exact same fix that Pokemon essentials DS had...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
errr no i removed pokefollow from peds a little while ago when was infomed that it caused errors. i found the fix by looking at other script sections that used Spriteset_Map and noticed that when they called initialize they added (map) to the end of there alias

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
errr no i removed pokefollow from peds a little while ago when was infomed that it caused errors. i found the fix by looking at other script sections that used Spriteset_Map and noticed that when they called initialize they added (map) to the end of there alias
v3.3 got it completely working.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ah ok
well there is one minor thing that seams not to work and that if you talk to the blank pokemon (press A after cycling through the pokemon)

Years
Well sorry ever one for the lack of update but i am too busy with school work and garnet's demo at the moment. The next version will come in Lunar New Year (that mean February).

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Well sorry ever one for the lack of update but i am too busy with school work and garnet's demo at the moment. The next version will come in Lunar New Year (that mean February).

Its cool bro, everyone knows your busy.... Good luck w/ Garnet demo (right now I am working on mines).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back