• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FR Advanced Challenge

Are natures a good feature for Pokémon games?

• I think they are cool and provide customisation and replayability

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • I think they are horrible and make me spend more time looking for my desired Pokémon

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    has the metal coat location changed? i used a randomizer to fix trade evolutions, but i still need the item to evolve the pokemon in question. a scyther, in this case, and i'd rather not wait for the post game. if it hasn't, i'll just use something else.

Chain

Pokemon Fan
    Years
    Years
  • Hi there people! I'm releasing v.2.5.0 today.
    This version has passed for a lot of testing and there's a lot of changes because there were a lot of versions before that rested within the test team and didn't got published.
    Thanks again to all the people that showed and shows interest in this project, I appreciate your feedback a lot.
    We also have new documentation. Take a time to give it a look, I know you will find some useful information.

v2.5.0
    Boss Battles (AI enhancement)
    -The next AI were enhanced:
    • Erika
    • Falkner
    • Chuck
    • Wattson
    • Norman

Boss Battles (upgraded teams)
    -The next bosses have new pokémons:
    • Brock now has a Steelix instead of an Onix
    • Misty now has an extra Starmie instead of a Staryu
    • Giovanni(1) now has a Steelix instead of an Onix
    • Giovanni(2) now has a Nidoking instead of a Nidorino

Quality of Life Changes (QoL)
    -Now all Pokéballs (with the exception of Master Ball) can be bought in Viridian City's mart and in Celadon City's mart (5F).

Balance Changes
    -Peyton S. the Bugcatcher (BOSS) now has a Sentret Lv. 8 (instead of Lv. 9).
    -Supernerd Miguel (BOSS) now has a Grimer & Voltorb Lv. 15 (instead of Lv. 16).

v2.4.2
    Bug Fixes
    -Corrected starter Pikachu's event and replaced it with a new one.

v2.4.0
    Quality of Life Changes (QoL)
    -Nature colored stats added.

v2.3.3
    Boss Battles
    -Increased levels of Pokémon Tower Rocket Grunt's boss battle.

v2.3.2
    Bug Fixes
    • Heracross now has Guts as its only ability as intended.
    • Corrected Picknicker's (Route 9) positioning.
    • Added Camper's (Route 6) missing battle.
    • Added Pickniker's (Route 9) missing battle.

v2.3.1
    Pikachu Joins the Party!
    -The infamous double battle glitch when having a single Pokémon still lingers and a lot of players were frustrated encountering this bug in their first match, so I found the inclusion of a 2nd starter as a solution. Pikachu is also a Pokémon that fits the starter criteria and gives a lot of insight about what we can do in double battles (since it has Lightning Rod, Growl, Encore and learns Thunder Wave early in the game) so it works as a tutorial too.
    -Now you get a lvl4 Pikachu in addition to your starter in the Prof. Oak starting sequence.

Boss Battles (New Bosses)
    -Added new mandatory boss battles:
    • Peyton S. the Bugcatcher in Viridian Forest
    • Super nerd in Mt. Moon
    • Rocket grunt at the end of Nugget Bridge
    • Camper in Route 6
    • Picknicker in Route 9
    • Picknicker in Rock Tunnel
    • Rocket grunt before rescuing Mr. Fuji from Pokémon Tower
    • Scientist in Pokémon Mansion
    • Pokémaniac in Victory Road

Boss Battles (AI enhancement)
    -The next AI were enhanced:
    • Pryce
    • Karen
    • Brawly
    • All rival battles (except for champion battle rematch)

Boss Battles (Upgraded Teams)
    -The next bosses have new pokémons:
    • Whitney now has a Clefable instead of a Clefairy
    • Jasmine now has two Magnetons instead of two Magnemites
    • Giovanni (Gym Leader) now has two Rhydons instead of two Rhyhorns
    • Koga now has Weezings instead of Koffings
    • Sabrina now has an extra Alakazam instead of a Kadabra
    • Bruno (e4) now has two Steelixs instead of two Onixs
    • Blaine now has only Rapidashs and Arcanines instead of Growlithe and Ponyta

HM Overhaul
    -Many people complain about HM's. Even if I did my best to get rid of them, I'm kinda limited technically and in time to implement a better solution. Also, I was trying to do my best to make conservatives changes that could be interesting. Double Edge and Body Slam are 2 moves that are found too late in the game and maybe having them earlier would make the life of many people much easier and Protect is an effect that is always valuable in double battles.
    • Fly changed to Protect's effect
    • Cut changed to Double Edge's effect
    • Strength changed to Body Slam's effect

Bug Fixes
    • High grass changed for flowers in Cerulean City's south path (it doesn't have any encounter and people used to think it was for a Cerulean City's encounter).
    • Fixed missing collision in Route 20.
    • Now move tutors don't warn you that the move can only be learnt once (because they are unlimited).

Last edited:

Chain

Pokemon Fan
    Years
  • Amazing work as always!
    We will continue working in team to improve everything we can, give love to the project <3

RomanBlue

RomanBlue
    Years
  • Anyone else have a problem where when they go to Viridian and pick up the parcel from the Pokemart, they get stuck in a loop where the attendant keeps handing them Great Balls one at a time (the first one was an Ultra Ball). Like I appreciate the 5 million balls but I would also like to advance past the first Pokemart!

Years
  • Anyone else have a problem where when they go to Viridian and pick up the parcel from the Pokemart, they get stuck in a loop where the attendant keeps handing them Great Balls one at a time (the first one was an Ultra Ball). Like I appreciate the 5 million balls but I would also like to advance past the first Pokemart!

I'll check this and try to publish a correction today. Thank you for reporting!

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    I was super looking forward to this hack but I thought it was solely doubles. It seems to be mostly single battles and boy was Brock easy.

Any chance to get an all doubles version? I'd love to play this concept through all doubles!

Years
  • good news - Mew & Deoxys can be found in the wild in few certain places
    bad news - Mew & Deoxys won't obey the player, ignoring all badges due to missing their "fateful encounter" obedience bit

i wouldn't wanna use both mew and deoxys in any double battles in this game until their obedience problem is addressed in a newer version

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2022
    Hi, I always played Firered rom hacks and the original games and I feel like following features are missing:
    - Exp Share All as a key item that can be activated or disactivated where all Pokémon in the Party gain exp, like in Gen 6 +
    - Automatic Running shoes (always run without pressing B)
    - Quality of Life improvements, BW Repel System, Exp after catching a wild Pokémon, 1HP after poison like BW
    - Pokémon up to gen 3
    - Sevii Islands and those event islands for celebi, deoxys etc.
    - all Pokémon from gen 1 - 3 obtainable
    - Running indoors
    - Decapitalization
    - Tutorials removed
    - Day / Night cycle
    - Trade evolutions evolve without trading just add a key item called "link cable"
    - Infinite TMs
    - No HMs

Your game has lots of potential, just add those features I mentioned

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Hello, I patched te game yesterday, I have waited long time to play this hack, just a question, mons are generated with perfect IVs?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    I feel like there's an issue with Kakuna not knowing Body Slam for Kakuna Ratata challenge run.
    To make it possible, I play 3 kakunas and 3 rattattas.

Back