• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Is it possible for G3HS to be made compatible with expanded level up-rate? I've added 7th level up rate in my deck.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    Hello all, I've seen this question answered multiple times but never answered on this thread. I've been replacing all of the pokemon sprites in Fire Red and after I edited a couple pokemon and went back to look at them in the editor, a message box popped up, saying "Images failed to decompress. Aborting sprite load. The image that was attempted to be loaded had pointer: f8457408 for Front Sprite." I remember finding a post somewhere explaining how to fix this, and I was able to successfully fix the problem. It involved using a hex editor to change the sprite pointers or something. I have the same problem again with this sprite, but I forgot how I fixed it before. And to make matters worse, I can't find the post that explained how to fix the issue. I don't even know if it was on this forum. Does anyone have a way to fix this, or know of the post I'm talking about?

RuFF

Hope you're having a RuFF day!
    Years
  • I always get this kind of error when trying to edit pokedex data (I use Pokemon Ruby)
    Every time I click an offset an error appears

H6CMWHF.png

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • Hi, first of all, great tool!

I expanded the amount of Pokémon to 870 in FR, with a total number of 721 dex entries. When I try to catch the 1st expanded Pokémon in the wild however (a Turtwig), this shows when it loads the dex entries, and the game freezes:

V1_168.png

Did I miss anything?

Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, fixed it! Changed emulator (VBA-M -> VBA) and fiddled with G3HS's ini.

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Hello! Thanks for the tool, to begin with.

I currently tried to expand the anount of Pokemon in my ROM, which uses Mr.DollSteak's ROM Base, however the tool freezes and crashes upon clicking the "EXPAND Pokémon" button. The tool works perfectly fine before I specifically do that. I have done the neccessary steps to load up the ROM base properly, the only problem is that it will not load, even on a vanilla ROM. It sent me a report and after looking into it, the error had something to do with "wxbase30u_vc90.dll". I encountered similar problems before, so I'm wondering if I only need to install/re-install wxbase30u_vc90.dll. The OS I'm currently running is Windows XP.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Hello! Thanks for the tool, to begin with.

I currently tried to expand the anount of Pokemon in my ROM, which uses Mr.DollSteak's ROM Base, however the tool freezes and crashes upon clicking the "EXPAND Pokémon" button. The tool works perfectly fine before I specifically do that. I have done the neccessary steps to load up the ROM base properly, the only problem is that it will not load, even on a vanilla ROM. It sent me a report and after looking into it, the error had something to do with "wxbase30u_vc90.dll". I encountered similar problems before, so I'm wondering if I only need to install/re-install wxbase30u_vc90.dll. The OS I'm currently running is Windows XP.

That's actually the problem right there. I had the same issue a while back, and was told that the newest version isn't compatible with XP, and I had to upgrade to Windows 7 to continue working. Once I did so, everything was fine again.

Years
  • I always get this kind of error when trying to edit pokedex data (I use Pokemon Ruby)
    Every time I click an offset an error appears

H6CMWHF.png

I'm having the same exact issue. Sadly, I believe karatekid would have to go in and edit the program's code to fix it. It's especially annoying because I can't just close it. I have to use Task Manager.

My best fix so far is to attempt to make sure I don't have to repoint. When I do, it will sometimes work if I find free space in Free space finder and put in the manual offset.

If you have a dex entry that is too long, try to shorten it. If there is an unneeded sentence, remove it. Or take out long phrases, along with finding shorter ways to get the point across.

As far as moves go, my best idea is to take out moves from second and third evolution Pokemon that come before they evolve. It will be some more work, but G3T can edit the moves just fine.

You can use Advanced Sprite Editor to insert sprites, along with the Icon editor I think is in the series.

If you happen to not have Mr.Dollstreak's patch, you can use YAPE instead. I like it better personally, but I'm barred by the patch.

I hope this helps some. A few may be hard, but I guess we have to deal with it. The only thing that doesn't really have a perfect fix is Pokedex entries. Aside from that, there are alternative tools. Not as convenient, but gets the job done.

RuFF

Hope you're having a RuFF day!
    Years
  • I'm having the same exact issue. Sadly, I believe karatekid would have to go in and edit the program's code to fix it. It's especially annoying because I can't just close it. I have to use Task Manager.

My best fix so far is to attempt to make sure I don't have to repoint. When I do, it will sometimes work if I find free space in Free space finder and put in the manual offset.

If you have a dex entry that is too long, try to shorten it. If there is an unneeded sentence, remove it. Or take out long phrases, along with finding shorter ways to get the point across.

As far as moves go, my best idea is to take out moves from second and third evolution Pokemon that come before they evolve. It will be some more work, but G3T can edit the moves just fine.

You can use Advanced Sprite Editor to insert sprites, along with the Icon editor I think is in the series.

If you happen to not have Mr.Dollstreak's patch, you can use YAPE instead. I like it better personally, but I'm barred by the patch.

I hope this helps some. A few may be hard, but I guess we have to deal with it. The only thing that doesn't really have a perfect fix is Pokedex entries. Aside from that, there are alternative tools. Not as convenient, but gets the job done.

Thanks, this really help. I only need a Pokedex data editor since G3t doesn't have it and YAPE won't work on my ruby anymore.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I'm having the same exact issue. Sadly, I believe karatekid would have to go in and edit the program's code to fix it. It's especially annoying because I can't just close it. I have to use Task Manager.

I've found that I only get this error, if I try and do either of the following things while there are still unsaved edits to the current Pokemon:
    Editing Sprites
    Editing Pokedex label(not the description)

Make sure to save before doing either of these two things and I havent had an issue since.

Years
  • Thanks, this really help. I only need a Pokedex data editor since G3t doesn't have it and YAPE won't work on my ruby anymore.

Ya, that's the only thing I'm also struggling with. So far, I've been taking the shortest entry their and using it. I haven't had any problems because it's smaller than the original entry. For a couple, I had to reword it or take out complete sentences for it to work.

I'm not sure there is another Pokedex editor besides Yape. -_- If it becomes too much of a chore, perhaps reinstalling it could help. I haven't tried it myself, partly because I'm too lazy.

Edit: To joexv

I haven't had a problem with the sprites as long as I get my own offset. If i use one of the ones the program finds for you, I get the error message. Everything is fine with my manual offset though.

If you increase the amount of moves, you'll probably get the error. That is the most annoying one for me. Mostly cause Pokemon Data Editing is boring and when I have to actually think it sucks that much more.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Has anyone successfully used this tool with an expanded moveset (beyond 0x1FF)? Using the format of Jambo51's expansion routines, I made levelup entries 3 bytes instead of two, in the same format of [MOVE - Half-Word - Reverse Hex] [Level - Byte] and terminate with 00 00 FF. I cracked open a hex editor to repoint learnsets to free space and quickly made sure the levelup routines and enemy moveset loading routines worked, which they did, at least for the first 511. I have not yet expanded my tables because I wanted to see if I could open it with a tool. This means that factors in the ini such as "numberofattacks" and "attacknames" should not be a factor. I didn't change any attacks, I only changed the way they are read on levelup and when enemy pokemon are generated.

I then went to the end of my ROM to find the correct section of the ini to edit, and I made the following changes:
    learnedmoveslength = 0x3
    jambo51learnedmovehack = True

Finally, I opened my ROM and got the attached error. What am I missing? :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Spoiler:

Update 1: Running as Admin does the same thing.

Update 2: I tried Leaf green and it worked perfectly so far. loaded up no error. have not tried anything yet.[/

Update 3: I had the wrong version of FR, i foudn out Leafgreen stuff isnt compatible with FR and someone mentioned Version 1.0 and now its working fine!!

New Question:

Was the program supposed to have an option for EXTENDING types, or just supports them if you add them yourself?

Last edited:
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 6, 2018
    Hi, I'm on a Mac with OSX Yosemite, and I can't open the Suite.
    Error Message: Failed to Load Image from file: Resources/Icon.png
    And yes, the Image isn't there. How to fix without breaking anything?
    Thanks for Any Help!

EDIT: Resolved (see previous page). Move from dist folder to main folder.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    I don't know if this question has been answered yet, but whenever i try to open my Firered (E) rom, i get this message.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    I keep getting this error

Traceback(most recent call last):
    File"E/Secret-Tool/build/mainWIN/out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 16767, in <lambda>
    File"<string>" line 438, in reload_all_tabs
    File"<string>" line 454, in_init_
    File"<string>" line 540, in_init_
    File"<string>" line 723, in_init_
    File"<string>" line 784, in_init_
    File"<string>" line 959, in generate_ui
    IOError:[Errno 22]Invalid argument

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2015
    AMAZING dude, i have been looking for this tool for few hours on the web <3

Back