• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2016
    Hi, I download this a couple weeks back and I've been struggling to download a rom to use, because I lack some of the technical know how, but I have the outline to what I think could be an awesome story for a rom hack. Do you have any advice for me?

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hi, I download this a couple weeks back and I've been struggling to download a rom to use, because I lack some of the technical know how, but I have the outline to what I think could be an awesome story for a rom hack. Do you have any advice for me?

Either dump your own, or find one on "The Seven Seas" :P

In all seriousness, we aren't allowed to link to roms because the use of roms you don't dump yourself is illegal, so you are going to have to google it for yourself. Finding one is easy, even for somebody lacking tech knowledge.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2016
    Either dump your own, or find one on "The Seven Seas" :P

In all seriousness, we aren't allowed to link to roms because the use of roms you don't dump yourself is illegal, so you are going to have to google it for yourself. Finding one is easy, even for somebody lacking tech knowledge.

I'm sorry for all the questions, but what is the seven seas. I know you can't post a link, but could you tell me what to google?

I may be an idiot...

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I'm sorry for all the questions, but what is the seven seas. I know you can't post a link, but could you tell me what to google?

I may be an idiot...

"The Seven Seas" is just a fancy/funny was of saying to pirate it/illegally download it. What I mean by dump your own is to take your actual physical cartridge, and take the rom off that, which is the one legal way to do it.

I don't want to take any risks in getting banned, but to find an emerald ROM online, search for "Pokemon Emerald" and what you are looking for should be one of the first search suggestions (atleast when I'm browsing in private mode). Hope that helps. That site can help you find other ROMS. Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    I have no clue what's going on but lately, whenever I go into the tool, none of the types show up. I added new types and changed the type name location in the ini, but nothing showed up in the type list. I even put the original ini back and nothing showed up. I'm pretty sure it worked before but I did grab the newest version. I could go back a version and see if that works.

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Okay so, I made a new type, it worked on YAPE by changing some .inis but what about in G3HS? What do I change to add my type in the types tab?

Thanks! :)

Years
  • Okay so, I made a new type, it worked on YAPE by changing some .inis but what about in G3HS? What do I change to add my type in the types tab?

Thanks! :)

Basically the same method, just got to PokeROMs.ini and change the respective type number. You may need to add more than needed to get it to appear.

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Basically the same method, just got to PokeROMs.ini and change the respective type number. You may need to add more than needed to get it to appear.

What is the type number?

Also, I have these two patches on my rom, a 870 Patch and Bob's Mega Patch. Both of them contain a PokeRoms.ini but I can't use both of them at once and merging doesn't work. Any solution?

Years
  • What is the type number?

Also, I have these two patches on my rom, a 870 Patch and Bob's Mega Patch. Both of them contain a PokeRoms.ini but I can't use both of them at once and merging doesn't work. Any solution?

I honestly don't know of one. More likely than not though, the patches may not combine well, so I dunno what the deal would be.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    I am also using a mac. Would this affect that?

Yes the mac version does this to everyone, that's because the dev didn't put the right path.
    it should have been ../ressources ( .. means your computer goes to the previous folder )

On another note i also have the traceback error with fireRed on both win 8.1 & 10
    Funny thing is Ruby works fine.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    It keep getting this error when i try to open FireRed or any hack Rom except a clean Emerald rom ? how to fix this ?

Attachments

• Screenshot (54).png
      Screenshot (54).png
      13.2 KB · Views: 40

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • It keep getting this error when i try to open FireRed or any hack Rom except a clean Emerald rom ? how to fix this ?

same problem, i have downloaded at least 3 different new fire red roms, but aside a remark about the "at rom offset 0xfffffe there is an unknown rom id. this means that your rom has a number at the offset of the rom id that is not in the ini. would you like to overwrite this number with a new one? please note that this could result in data loss, ...."

seeing they are new roms, using both (U) and (E) country background for the rom, does not matter at all...

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • I know the creator seems to have disappeard ot at least stopped supporting this tool
    So i hope someone else may end up able to help me but

G3hs keeps saying the id in the game at the offset of 0xfffffe does not match the ini
    Having checked i noticed that its way at the bottom in hex with 00 00

I have no idea what i need to change it into...
    And i cannot find amything about am id value in the ini either
    Truly at a loss here...

waw

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Is there a smooth tutorial for using this? Most seems self-explanatory but some basics would be nice.

Years
  • same problem, i have downloaded at least 3 different new fire red roms, but aside a remark about the "at rom offset 0xfffffe there is an unknown rom id. this means that your rom has a number at the offset of the rom id that is not in the ini. would you like to overwrite this number with a new one? please note that this could result in data loss, ...."

seeing they are new roms, using both (U) and (E) country background for the rom, does not matter at all...

Having the same issue. Have anyone found a way to resolve this? Thanks!

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • It keep getting this error when i try to open FireRed or any hack Rom except a clean Emerald rom ? how to fix this ?

same problem, i have downloaded at least 3 different new fire red roms, but aside a remark about the "at rom offset 0xfffffe there is an unknown rom id. this means that your rom has a number at the offset of the rom id that is not in the ini. would you like to overwrite this number with a new one? please note that this could result in data loss, ...."

Having the same issue. Have anyone found a way to resolve this? Thanks!

It won't open my rom :( ....What do....

Talking to all the problems at once... seems as if ypu guys have edited the roms.ini file available with the tool or replaced it....
    Try to do one thing.... delete all the files of the G3HS and extract it again... because by doind so the original .ini file will be restored... check it and tell me if it works or not :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Yes the mac version does this to everyone, that's because the dev didn't put the right path.
    it should have been ../ressources ( .. means your computer goes to the previous folder )

On another note i also have the traceback error with fireRed on both win 8.1 & 10
    Funny thing is Ruby works fine.
    New to hacking my self, and also on mac. Is there a way to fix this issue, besides going into the code itself?

EDIT: Fixed it by moving resources and the ROMS.ini to the diet folder.

Last edited:
    Back