• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    This doesn't even open for me, but it could be a result of me using Windows 10. I deactivated my antivirus before downloading and there are no missing files.
    Looks like a good program though! Just wish I could try it lol

Years
  • I LOVE YOUR TOOL! 10/10! I have a bit of an issue. I've been trying to import darumaka in the place of rattata, but I've been having this issue:
    rxeIST1.png

Do you know any way I could fix it? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    Hello, it's been a long time since I've been in the pokemon hacking community. So seeing a tool of this caliber is absolutely amazing. I am having an issue and unless I'm just over looking it, I can't find my solution. And I'm willing to bet it's a simple solution too. Anyways, I've downloaded Gen 3 hacking suite, when I expand my Pokemon Fire Red 1.0 ROM, I expand it to the support 721 Pokemon, add sprites, and all that. Creating the Pokemon works fine. Once the Pokemon is created though, how do I make it so it's usable in game? I'm not sure if I need a different tool, or what the case may be, but I can't find a program that will allow me to place, say Turtwig, into the grass as a wild Pokemon. I tried using A-Map, but it doesn't read the new Pokemon I put into the game. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    Hello, it's been a long time since I've been in the pokemon hacking community. So seeing a tool of this caliber is absolutely amazing. I am having an issue and unless I'm just over looking it, I can't find my solution. And I'm willing to bet it's a simple solution too. Anyways, I've downloaded Gen 3 hacking suite, when I expand my Pokemon Fire Red 1.0 ROM, I expand it to the support 721 Pokemon, add sprites, and all that. Creating the Pokemon works fine. Once the Pokemon is created though, how do I make it so it's usable in game? I'm not sure if I need a different tool, or what the case may be, but I can't find a program that will allow me to place, say Turtwig, into the grass as a wild Pokemon. I tried using A-Map, but it doesn't read the new Pokemon I put into the game. Any help would be appreciated.

Okay so I'm not 100% sure how to edit the original post I made, but I have figured out my issue. As a previous post stated, I had to open Advanced Map in a hex editor, and change offset D027C to match the amount of Pokemon I added to the game. I changed my offset from 9C 01 to 56 03 and I now have full access to all 800 Pokemon (original 386 plus the unowns, and my expanded Pokedex) I have in the game.

My next question though, what program can I use to change the starters that will be able to see all of my expanded Pokemon? I don't see that option in Gen 3 Hacking Suite

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2016
    Hey, I use a german FireRed ROM and the names of the pokemon's abilities are displayed as \x.
    Therfore I can't find the right ones :(
    Any ideas how to fix that?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Okay, I have a problem, I am a very new hacker, who has absolutely no experience. I don't really understand the pdf that came with this program.
    When I try to open the program, and error message shows up that says it can't load image from Resources/icon.png. If anyone knows how to fix this it will be much appreciated.
    Also, can I use a leaf green rom?

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    Okay, I have a problem, I am a very new hacker, who has absolutely no experience. I don't really understand the pdf that came with this program.
    When I try to open the program, and error message shows up that says it can't load image from Resources/icon.png. If anyone knows how to fix this it will be much appreciated.
    Also, can I use a leaf green rom?

icon.PNG is missing from your resources folder.extract g3hs zip again or just extract icon.png from that and copy that to resource folder of g3hs

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Once again, can we stop the pretentious we are superior hackers bull and recieve a step-by-step guide to editing the INI etc to use G3HS with expanded roms....thanks.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Once again, can we stop the pretentious we are superior hackers bull and recieve a step-by-step guide to editing the INI etc to use G3HS with expanded roms....thanks.
    First of all I'd like to say that G3HS is quite old, the only thing you should use it for quickly expanding the Pokémon (not just my opinion by the way).
    To the actual question, the tool comes with a PDF file which explains in detail how to use it and how to edit the INI (well, rather it explains how a value is defined and the possible keys, seriously, it's just a key = value pair, nothing complicated to it). Feel free to ask if something confuses you.

Years
  • I'm having the same problem as Zombilon & DragonLordAcid whenever i try to load a fire red rom.

Edit: it works with everything else, just not firered

Here are two pics:

v3pAaEY

Dhv30C8

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/her/hers
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    Gen III Suite has started to crash for me whenever I try to edit moves. This started happening within the past few days. It happens both when I try to edit a clean English Firered ROM or my custom ROM. I am using Windows 8.1. If anyone has an idea of the problem, please let me know.

EDIT: I found out that it works fine if I boot my computer in Safe Mode. I guess that works, but it's pretty inconvenient. If you have a solution let me know.

Last edited:
    Back