• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #26 - Favorite Flying Pokémon

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

They fly you from Kanto to Johto and back, and are always there to give you a lift when you need it - even if they're knocked out themselves. Most everyone has a flying Pokémon on their team, whether it's a bird, a bug, a bat, or something even more unique. Which Flying-type Pokémon do you go batty for?​

Have an idea for the Pokémon General poll? PM Toujours with it!

Years
    Staraptor, I just loved it.

Coolest early-route birdy yet thanks to its Close Combat.

It was a major part of my 4th Gen teams.

I like Emolga too for its cuteness.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I think maybe Crobat. Or Maybe Ho-oh. Or Charizard or Zapdos or . . .
    I'm gonna go with Ho-oh.

I would say Dragonite but it doesn't seem like a Flying-type Pokémon to me. :(

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My favorite Flying Pokemon is Archeops because it hits hard with 140 Attack, it's rather fast with 110 Speed, assuming Defeatist isn't activated and it can use Flying Gem + Acrobatics rather well. It's also based on the Archeopteryx, one of the most interesting prehistoric creatures, IMO. Staraptor and Togekiss come in close.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Mandibuzz, used to be Chatot.
    Love how it is a defensive flying type, not many of those. Chatot just because of Mystery Dungeon

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I have never really been a fan of Flying types.

Edit: (Originally I posted Crobat, but I now have respect for a new Flying type pokemon.)
    My favorite Flying Pokemon is now Masquerain. I was actually surprised by how good and yet misunderstood this pokemon is. I tried looking up information about it based on tiers and competitive play (Credit to Smogon for Tier information.) but people just don't use it. However, learning about Masquerain on Serebii helped me discover that it has one of the sneakiest little set ups I have ever seen for a single flying pokemon.
    I have now built a competitive team around Masquerain and it murders online. I love it. (Que Evil laughter.)

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Absolutely the Pidgey family. Being one of the most useful Pokemon in-game, it definitely deserves a favourite. And the fact that Pidgey is so easy to catch early game, once you reach a farther area in the game it will be strong enough to survive anything. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Pidgeot, love the design, needs more stats though.

For legendaries, Articuno is my favourite, then Ho-oh.

Also i really love Wingull, the design couldn't get any more fitting

Honorable mentions include Skarmory, Braviary, Crobat, Scyther, Aerodactyl, Yanma, Drifloon, Emolga and Mantine.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013

Farfetch'd, ofc!

'Brows' skinmark, cool looks, and a stick. Once again, I'm not entitled to any gameplay constants upon my opinion concerning favorite pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Pidgeotto. Like, just Pidgeotto and not Pidgey or Pidgeot. I don't know why. I like the name, but I can't put my finger on why the second evolution in the Pidgey line is my favourite as opposed to the others. But he was the second Pokémon Ash ever captured and he was so loyal to Ash and omg. ;___;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Oh, hewwo Aerodactyl:

Probs my fave critter ever, in all honesty. (Although, saying that, my "fave critter ever" changes nigh on every week... one shouldn't take declarations such as these seriously.) I love its design, its amazing Speed, its fossil-ness, its movepool... pretty much everything!

.Ashberto

Peanut-butter-jelly-time
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    I really like Crobat, He was a pain in the ass to get with the happiness but worthwhile in my opinion. He looked cool and learns some pretty cool moves.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    My flying type on my main team is Charizard. I always thought it was a really cool Pokémon, and thought it was really intimidating on Lance's team back in the day.

I really like a lot of flying Pokemon though. I remember really liking Swellow back in R/S/E, but havent used it since.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Aerodactyl. Loved that it's a fossil and its insane speed. Very useful in-game, though a bit hard to train.

Years
    I like a lot of flying Pokemon, but Staraptor would probably have to be my favorite, it has a great name, design and is pretty strong in battle. In addition to that, it can learn Close Combat, how many Flying Types can put that on their resume?

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Gen I: Zapdos (legendary), Aerodactyl.
    Gen II: Ho-oh (legendary), Skarmory.
    Gen III: Rayquaza (legendary), Pelipper
    Gen IV: Staraptor.
    Gen V: Braviary.

IMO Gen I had the most interesting Flying Pokémons, while Gen IV was more "meh".

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Ugh there are many flying types that I like, Gyarados, Dragonite, but I'm gonna stick with birds for this one. My favourite bird Pokémon would probably be Taillow. I like Swellow as well but Taillow is just a super cutie and I use it for fly as well.

Back