• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Generation III ROM Hacking Tutorials [Video Series]

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I would like to point out something regarding map editing! I haven't seen any content in your tutorials, but I hope other people can help me too! I'm trying to change the hero's avatar/Icon/protagonist head on the town map. In this case it's Fire Red. Using unLZ I was able to find the male and female offsets at number 188 and 189. I have replaced some of the offsets with my own avatars, but I can never get the right colors. It's always messed up. Could anyone out there help me out?

Tks
Afaik, Anthroyd doesn't talk about town map editing in any of his tutorials. What you want is just a simple palette change, check his tutorial on palette editing on how to edit a palette.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 29, 2019
Hello is there a way to put the Night and Day cycle in to gen 3 rom hacks, and Pokémon to be exclusively able to be captured in those time frames?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Hello friend,please when i add a sprite above 151 like 152 i have a pidgiot flying but is showing a little boy on the game,please how i can fix that,thank you

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
Added Discord notice to the top of the thread. Please ask further questions in the #assistance channel, as I do not check here often anymore. I will fix all of the broken embedded YouTube video links over the next few days.

UPDATE: Fixed all embedded YouTube links. Videos should appear in thread now. All fixes complete.

Last edited:

Sakura4736251

Dipshit
Years
Hey, would anyone be able to help me? I'm trying to use AdvanceMap, but when I get to the language selection screen it says that there aren't any languages and it just shows nothing.
Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey, would anyone be able to help me? I'm trying to use AdvanceMap, but when I get to the language selection screen it says that there aren't any languages and it just shows nothing.
Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

Make sure it can access the ini folder. If your not using winrar, then first extract the files (if you haven't already)

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
It looks like a tree in Advance Map, but when I boot it up on VBA, it looks like this.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 14, 2022
can you post a tutorial on how to add gen 4 -gen 8 pokemon

Last edited:
Back