• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: GlitterGold

How do you think the game is moving along?

• Excellent!

Votes: 79 56.8%
  • Great!

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Good.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Not so well...

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Not too great...

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    If u use Krazy Battle System u must give him/her credits.
    And change hero to R/S or G/S .
    Good Luck In your Project :)

Thanks Matt.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Neo-Dragon said:
    also, why is the hero from FireRed/LG in the battle, and the hero is actually Hiro (the hero from Gold/Silver) ?
    That's because I don't have any pictures of Hiro in battle. If anyone has 'em, please post them here.

Matt said:
    ok ok ok dont worry Gym leader...
    But where i can downloaded your demo?
    Don't worry. After I'm done revising the project folder, I'll put the demo at lateralshift. And I'll post here to let everyone know. And I'll give Krazy and the team credit for the CBS.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    Where u can Put demo?
    I see u have demo at 35mb.com :(

GL

Polaris

Star of Arcady
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    GymLeaderLance99 said:
    That's because I don't have any pictures of Hiro in battle. If anyone has 'em, please post them here.
    Here, you can use the ones I made if you like:

Gold's appearance is based on the character from Pokespecial manga, so he's abit different than the one from the G/S/C games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    Great !!!
    How is progress now ?
    any more screens ? Informacion ?

Thanks Matt

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    Thats Great News!!!I must play it now!!!after this i comment it!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I just played the demo. It was fun to play and you replicated most things very well, however the two things that hurt it was a lack of a CMS and the use of the DBS. Putting the DBS battles in were kinda unnecessary because they are no fun to play. But as I said on a whole it was good and the day/night system was nicely done. There were a few tileset errors and un-natural teleport placements I think you should change as well.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
  • The demo was, indeed, very fun to play. What really killed it for me was the size of your maps. Just make them a wee bit smaller. Otherwise, it was very good! :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Overall, nice work; but as rubyrulez said, I felt that some of the maps were it a little bit big and spaced out.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Time for my in-depth evaluations!!

1. in the intro; after the pic of the hero (the sprite) has faded and the charset comes out, the pic comes out again. (don't know if this was done purposely)
    2. I felt that the kitchen in your room was a bit small, and the path to it, was a bit narrow compared to the entire room.
    3. the woman in the newbark, her charset's moving constantly. (not moving as in steps, but she's moving, like her arms are moving.)
    4. the tree tops are cut off.
    5. the mail box's cut off
    6. you teleport out of the houses once you're stepping on the black tiles. I think you should set a touch hero event.
    7. I can't move in the tiles right above the table. (bottom left house)
    8. your rival turns toward you at first when you first talk to him.
    9. after you pick your pokemon, the pokeball doesn't disappear.
    10. maybe you could add some lighting in the buildings.
    11. I think the colour of the grass animation's a bit bright at night. Maybe you could have 2 grass animations for light and dark.
    12. the trainer charaset in route 1 is continuously moving as well.
    13. I can't exit the gatekeeping house using the top door.
    14. when I try to get back to route 1 through the gatekeeping house, I get transported to another city.
    15. the hero's moving too fast to the old guy who tours you in cherrygrove.
    16. the old man takes me to a patch of grass which isn't even next to the sea.
    17. after the old man disappears, I can't move.

note: 16 & 17 only happen if you press the action key while the man's walking. e.g pressing the action key right after the message's ended.

18. the phone kind of thing in the old man's house is cut off. (cherrygrove)
    19. I CAN WALK THROUGH BLACK TILES!!!!!!!!!!
    20. I think that there are too many flowers
    21. the TV top's cut off in the house with the 2 kids speaking.
    22. I think that you should add some door opening graphics for the PC and Mart.

I'll continue as I play more!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    this is good but one problem...
    Battle System .
    I can send u battle system making in rm2k3 database :)

Thanks Matt

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    It looks really good... except on my computer the down and left keys don't work in the boxes where you select time and name and stuff.

Also, when the character starts in his room no matter what direction I push it goes to the bottom-left corner of the room by itself and gets stuck there.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Sorry for not posting for a while. Anyway, I've started mapping the rest of Union Cave and Ilex Forest is completed. For the next demo, I plan to make up to Olivine City, so be prepared to wait a while. By then, the running system, the Game Corner games, and mostly everything else in between will be done. And of course, I have to get the Battle System to work for trainers who have more than 1 pokemon. And Daegon, thanks for those evaluations. I'm working on those now. If there's anything else wrong, post here and let me know. And you might wanna try posting a screen of the error so I can tell where it happens :).

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • screens look good (except for the whole color mess up ). Pitty I had to copy and paste the addresses into my browser to view them. (maybe you should re link them)

Oh, and in the last screen- the mart looks a bit funny.
    EDIT: must of been my computer- my friend on MSN says ur screens load fine for him - y not me :(

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Yeah. I just fixed the images. And again, something happened in MS Paint that messed up the colors.

EDIT- Here's a screen from Ilex Forest, and again, the colors are screwy.

EDIT2- Does anyone have the .midi for Route 34 and Ilex Forest? I searched VG Music, but found nothing.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back