• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: GlitterGold

How do you think the game is moving along?

• Excellent!

Votes: 79 56.8%
  • Great!

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Good.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Not so well...

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Not too great...

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
  • Okay, thanks a lot for it. ^_^ I've started using it, and I've so far done all the names of the Johto Pokémon. Next up are the Hoenn Pokémon, and then Kanto's. At this rate, it might just take me up to 2 weeks for it.

BTW, Pingu, with this CBS system, how would we go about showing nicknames given to the Pokémon in the battle?

Last edited:

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    im not really sure so i didn't include it but i guess if you had a var for each letter in each of your pokemons name plus the active pokemon you could base it off that

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Lance, I am still rooting for you!

Cant wait for u to send me the beta to test!

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Heh, sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I've been a bit busy with other stuff (like a trip to Connecticut I'm having on Thursday for about a week) that I've slacked off a bit on the names. So far, like I believe I said, all the Johto Pokémon battle names are done, and Hoenn's list is about halfway done. As soon as I get done with that, I'll make the Kanto list, and then add them to the system.

Now, before I leave, I've just one thing to ask: Please don't PM me about the resources I use, or if I've got any that you ask for. It gets a bit annoying when I see I have a new PM in my e-mail, only to see it was some person asking for resources they can ask for in the Help and Request Thread...

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I think this game is going just GREAT! compared to the other slower projects moving along lately. A couple problems i noticed with your mapping, is places you put in waterfalls, your taller buildings (ex, Goldenrod tower, sprout tower), and places you put rocks on isles. These are just minor details that i noticed, nothing huge. But the problem i have with goldenrod tower, and sprout tower, is that they look incredibly....plain. Its just something for you to consider. Keep up the great work :)

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    hey are you guys still working on this i hope you are it's a great progect and i hope to play it one day

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm still working on the game. I'm still trying to wrap up the names for the CBS, though. So far, I'm done with the Hoenn and Johto list, and only have to finish the Kanto list. But with me also working on other stuff in the process, this might be done by September.

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Hey Lance! Just wanted to let u know that I am still here supporting u! Send me the beta when its done...Eager to test it!

(I am yr Beta Tester if u remember.)

cassian92

Battle Prince Cassian
    Years
  • I think you can still add some new features to the game, like a new battle frontier in Kanto or something. Keep up the good work!

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Man, time flies. It's been a month and, even though I'm bumping the thread, I haven't done anything worthy of an update. I guess it's mostly due to school being in the way now. But I will still work on this game, and this weekend, I'll try to finish up those battle names and then add them to the CBS. Afterward, I'll probably post them in the Resource thread for others to use.

So, yeah, this weekend, working on names...yeah, that should be it (aside from maybe making an AMV for my baby bro).

Years
  • Man, time flies. It's been a month and, even though I'm bumping the thread, I haven't done anything worthy of an update. I guess it's mostly due to school being in the way now. But I will still work on this game, and this weekend, I'll try to finish up those battle names and then add them to the CBS. Afterward, I'll probably post them in the Resource thread for others to use.

So, yeah, this weekend, working on names...yeah, that should be it (aside from maybe making an AMV for my baby bro).

Nice, I thought you left or something haha. Well, if you need any help (besides the testing) just ask! =P

-Krobe

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    Good to see this isn't dead :p. Could luck with putting the pokmon in the cbs cos I've completely forgoten how to work it :p so I may not be able to help.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
  • I know you're not meant to bump threads, but I really don't want this thread to die. GymLeaderLance99, sorry to sound like a nag, but you are still working on this game, aren't you? How are you managing the battle system? I've heard that that's really hard to program.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back