• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: GlitterGold

How do you think the game is moving along?

• Excellent!

Votes: 79 56.8%
  • Great!

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Good.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Not so well...

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Not too great...

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
  • Yeah, I am. Well, I'll be able to get back to it as soon as I can transfer my game's folder from my sister's computer to my new one. Unfortunately, *sigh* said sister's computer doesn't want to boot normally, for no inadequately-explored reason. It gets to the "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" screen with the moving bar at the bottom, but it just stays there, not letting me log on or anything. If anyone has an idea on how to fix this, please let me know. :(

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Okay, this isn't exactly helping my mood right now...I went to a Sneak Preview today for the new YGO pack that's coming out, and couldn't do a thing because I didn't have $20...

What part of "I'll be able to get back to it as soon as I can transfer my game's folder from my sister's computer to my new one. Unfortunately, *sigh* said sister's computer doesn't want to boot normally, for no inadequately-explored reason." do you not get? If I was able to access that folder, I'd have been able to send it to you when you PM'd me a bit ago. Jeez, please wait until I'm able to sort this all out.

And I'm sure I said it before, but I'll say it again for insurance: please don't ask for the newest or older demos if I've pointed out that it's not ready yet or I can't access it, respectively. It just gets annoying... Thanks.

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    I know you're not meant to bump threads, but I really don't want this thread to die. GymLeaderLance99, sorry to sound like a nag, but you are still working on this game, aren't you? How are you managing the battle system? I've heard that that's really hard to program.
    Yeah this has been on my mind for a while as well, also you didn't find any bugs such as enemies not attacking did you?

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Yup; this looks kewl.
    No idea how you can make it better.
    Good work so far~
    Atleast with the games you have new maps :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2008
    This game looks pretty cool! Although I'm starting to get tired of all these G/S/C remakes.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
  • Axibar, I know this thread is a month old, but it's also one of the few Gold remakes that looks like it might actually be going somewhere (and also the only one I know of with night and day, and all of the other important features that GSC had). Since GameFreak enjoys torturing us with all these references to GSC, with no real mention of an actual remake, I didn't want this thread to die. Besides, I like the GBA graphics better than the DP ones.

GymLeaderLance99, I'd suggest having someone take a look at the computer. But since you mentioned you have no money (I know that feeling XD), you might have to ask someone else to help you out, which could justify, since it's not your computer and so you shouldn't be responsible for fixing and adding to it.

mazodan

lokimaster
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2011
    well cool gsc remake
    and cool maps
    but im getting bored of these?????

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    well cool gsc remake
    and cool maps
    but im getting bored of these?????

Shut. Up.

You do know that he's creating this game for you guys, yeah? He's doing this in his free time, as are all game-makers and ROM-hackers etc. He isn't getting paid or gaining anything from this, so shut up and show some respect and appreciation.

EDIT: This goes to all of you who have pestered him.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Heh, thanks, Matt. ^_^

So, yeah, I guess I'll have to declare this game paused for now. Unless someone happens to have the demo I released before (or, Pingu, if you still have the game on your computer) and is willing to send it to me...

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Hehe, thanks, Red. ^_^ Well, now, I hope this has some good progress in it, otherwise, I'll have to build it back up... Which is partly why I'm hoping Pingu still has the demo with the CBS in it.

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Well the game looks really nice. Only thing I don't like is the color of afternoon; it looks ugly in my opinion. Other than that the game looks amazing!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    This is my first post on this forum, and likely my last.
    To help you out with your computer problem, the best thing to do would be to use a live cd (if you have a cd burner). Download D*** Small Linux (i don't know this forum's policies) and burn it to a cd, and you should be able to at least transfer your files to a flash drive or to the internet.
    (BTW, you might look into using a live cd that has an antivirus scanner, otherwise you will need to rescue your files and re-install windows)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back