• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: GlitterGold

How do you think the game is moving along?

• Excellent!

Votes: 79 56.8%
  • Great!

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Good.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Not so well...

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Not too great...

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Well, I've got bad news. The demo I was working on got deleted from my computer, along with everything else. Luckily, if someone can send me the last demo I released through e-mail, I can work from there. Man, and all that time wasted...

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Can anyone who has rm2k3kid's complete Pokemon Center please attach it here? I really need this because the post with this in the resource thread won't show it. And I'll try to map the rest of Goldenrod again... Talk about deja vu!

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Thanks, Sceptile. I have 2 questions:

1) Should I use the DBS battles for the demo? Well, at least for the areas after Azalea.
    2) Should I change the game to RM2K? I figured that would make it easier to change the font.

I'll keep the questions open until tomorrow @7pm. Also, I need to know this now because if my mom succeeds in removing my internet service by the end of the week, you'll all have to wait till September-Mid October for a demo, and by then it'll be up to Cianwood, if not further.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    And I have come to a verdict. For the purpose of simplicity, I won't use the DBS for anything after Azalea, because I want to get the maps done. Plus, when I do, I can try to code the group CBS, or get Sceptile's help for it. Although I was planning to use the RSEFRLG system, even though I'm using the GSC set of TMs, but there are Move Tutors for RBY (In Old Kanto), and RS moves(In Present Kanto and Sevii Islands). Oh, did I forget to mention I was going to include the Sevii Islands in this game? I'm making the first 3 available after beating Pryce in Mahogany. Of course, this will be a while away. Stay tuned...

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Yeah, the problem with rm2k3 is that you are limited to putting around 100 pokemon max in your game. Using lot's of TMs is also very hard to do. Because remember we are only using rm2k3 here, not sphere.

Also on the subject of fonts. Just install the MS gothic font or go on the system selcetion on the database and choose MS mincho font. That will sort any font problems.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Sceptile_Master said:
    Yeah, the problem with rm2k3 is that you are limited to putting around 100 pokemon max in your game. Using lot's of TMs is also very hard to do. Because remember we are only using rm2k3 here, not sphere.

Do you mean with the CBS? Besides, if you do, I would have to include all 386, so...
    Sceptile_Master said:
    Also on the subject of fonts. Just install the MS gothic font or go on the system selcetion on the database and choose MS mincho font. That will sort any font problems.

I wanted to use the FRLG font Raccoon gave me so that's why I wanted to try using RM2K. Unless there's a way to install it for RM2K3...

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    If your coding the system properly then you are limited to putting about 150 pokemon in your CBS. And installing the font in rm2k3 isn't any different from rm2k.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    ^If that's the case, then this might be harder than I thought... You see, I was planning to put all 386 into this game, catching the Hoenn pok?mon in the Sevii Islands. I'm still going to do this, but I'll need help to actually get this all the way. BTW, does anyone have an Underground Chipset I can use for the Goldenrod Underground?

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Ack it's just that rm2k3 has a lack of variables and because of a lack of a coding language you cannot make your own databases. I suppose you could do it at a push but it would take months to put the system in. I'm in the process of writing a tut on a pokemon battle system anyways. just hold tight, I'll see what I can do.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
    You can have more than 150 pokemon, but the more pokemon, the more variables and switches. In RMXP, I believe they expanded the limit of variables and switches...

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    But he's using rm2k3 not XP. Although you have RGSS in XP which makes battle systems alot easier. Event coded battle systems aren't the best but not everyone is using something like Sphere. It depends how accurate you want it in comparisson to the real system. Which is probably impossible with events.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back