• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)

RacoonCityisMissing

Zombie type pokemon can be found.
Years
  • Got back from the dead since when covid virus starts.. i would like to know if there's a way I can download this hack as rom, i was viewing this on mobile. Can't open ips file.

Thanks for the help.
    *I was in the middle of mountains rn hiking.

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • Got back from the dead since when covid virus starts.. i would like to know if there's a way I can download this hack as rom, i was viewing this on mobile. Can't open ips file.

Thanks for the help.
    *I was in the middle of mountains rn hiking.

You use a program/app (Mac = Multipatch) to PATCH the .ips to the correct ROM version. I think the right ROM is 'Crystal Version (USA, Europe) [Rev A]' - there are plenty of sites that got this version. Don't know which patchers are used for Windows users.

Years
  • Hi everyone,

I have applied the new version 6.1a of the patch on a vanilla Crystal rom and upload it in the folder where was the 6.0b rom in my phone but the emulator won't retreive the save although the .sav file has the same name of the new patched rom file.
    So I think I did something wrong at a certain moment and my .sav file is now corrupted/erased/something else...
    Is there a way to know if my .sav file still works?

Attachments

• Pokemon_-_Crystal_Version_(USA,_Europe)[1].sav
      32 KB · Views: 0

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • Hi everyone,

I have applied the new version 6.1a of the patch on a vanilla Crystal rom and upload it in the folder where was the 6.0b rom in my phone but the emulator won't retreive the save although the .sav file has the same name of the new patched rom file.
    So I think I did something wrong at a certain moment and my .sav file is now corrupted/erased/something else...
    Is there a way to know if my .sav file still works?

That's kinda weird... When updating, you ought to name the new/updated version [in a new folder] as the name of the old version [existing/original folder]. Copy+paste the new version ROM over your old version, afterward rename your updated version to its correct name (most updated). Then for your save, copy only the name of the rom and FINALLY paste over your sav file's name. It cannot be stressed, DO NOT include the .sav portion of your save file.

Hope that helps.

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • v6.1a Error - Scyther and 'Metal Coat' (think I posted about this before)

Scyther is still evolving via level up by Lv41 then learning 'Razor Wind' by Lv43. Credit that 'Steel Wing' is a better move via TM and could maybe be egg moved (yet to test), it feels weird that Scizor cannot even learn its signature move 'Metal Claw.'

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Sep 20, 2023
    Hello there. I'm having some problems to continue with this version of pokemon silver and the thing is that I get stuck at the rival encounter after defeating Giovanni at the Radio Station, just before the last gym encounter. I already tried to use the links that you guys uploaded up here, but none of them works for me. I dunno if it is the emulator or what, but I'd love to finish this game.

Any idea of what is happening?

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • Hello there. I'm having some problems to continue with this version of pokemon silver and the thing is that I get stuck at the rival encounter after defeating Giovanni at the Radio Station, just before the last gym encounter. I already tried to use the links that you guys uploaded up here, but none of them works for me. I dunno if it is the emulator or what, but I'd love to finish this game.

Any idea of what is happening?

Stuck how? There's supposed to be a fourth rival battle on Route 112 before reaching gym 7. What rival battle exists in between the Giovanni battle and before gym 8 (Kanto Region)? Remember which route/city it takes place?

Edit: To be fair, I've yet to defeat the Elite Four due to time constraints in my personal life. I've read thru my old notes (prob need updating) and I cannot find this fifth battle anywhere w/in this game's timeline.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Oct 5, 2023
    Im having the same issue, After defeating giovanni in the radio tower, once you step out the building the game softlock while playing the rival encounter music.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Hello folks, I'm playing the 6.1 version of the game. Sadly, after beat Giovanni and exiting Radio Tower, the game soft locks right where, with the rival music in loop and the impossibility to do any action/input.

Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)

I have few questions/premises that maybe can help:

- I made a save state right before Giovanni fight. Can that help somehow? If I retry to fight him and win, the game still soft locks there.
    - any version after will be compatible with saves from 6.1? I don't wanna lose progresses after this glitch will be fixed...
    - last, but not less important: I did played the game with a lot of frame-skip. But I doubt it's the reason why I'm getting into this situation.

Thank you in advice!

Im having the same issue, After defeating giovanni in the radio tower, once you step out the building the game softlock while playing the rival encounter music.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • Hello folks, I'm playing the 6.1 version of the game. Sadly, after beat Giovanni and exiting Radio Tower, the game soft locks right where, with the rival music in loop and the impossibility to do any action/input.

Pokémon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (COMPLETE!)

I have few questions/premises that maybe can help:

- I made a save state right before Giovanni fight. Can that help somehow? If I retry to fight him and win, the game still soft locks there.
    - any version after will be compatible with saves from 6.1? I don't wanna lose progresses after this glitch will be fixed...
    - last, but not less important: I did played the game with a lot of frame-skip. But I doubt it's the reason why I'm getting into this situation.

Thank you in advice!

Glad I'm not the only one.

I honestly didn't know the flaw was THAT bad. If possible, you might have to resort to playing an earlier version, get past that moment, and THEN update to the newest patch. I did the newest patch after reaching the Elite Four, yet to have seen anything as bad as that. I wonder if I can cause this by just entering & exiting the Radio Tower...

Update: Nope, nothing... For those that have updated before leaving the Radio Tower, does the bug happen when exiting on the Tower's left or right side? Or does it happen no matter which side one exits from?

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I honestly didn't know the flaw was THAT bad. If possible, you might have to resort to playing an earlier version, get past that moment, and THEN update to the newest patch. I did the newest patch after reaching the Elite Four, yet to have seen anything as bad as that. I wonder if I can cause this by just entering & exiting the Radio Tower...

Update: Nope, nothing... For those that have updated before leaving the Radio Tower, does the bug happen when exiting on the Tower's left or right side? Or does it happen no matter which side one exits from?

It's happening to me no matter which side I exit. I get the rival theme with controls being locked. Rival never comes up. I have attempted changing the bgm through pokegear radio, but no change

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • I'm liking this so far but, how do you evolve trade evolution mons?

There's an item you get much further in the game (Kanto Region, post-Gym 7) depending on the patch version you have (Covenant Orb or Linking Cable).

Warning: Until there's another update after 6.1, you're better off playing a 6.0 version, finish the Radio Tower event after Gym 7, THEN updating to the 6.1 patch.

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
    Years
  • It's happening to me no matter which side I exit. I get the rival theme with controls being locked. Rival never comes up. I have attempted changing the bgm through pokegear radio, but no change

Man that sucks... I guess I lucked out by playing up to the Elite Four on version 6.0b before updating to v6.1 - hopefully the creator will release an update on this bug sooner than later.

Back