• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Gray Topaz - Version 2 Ready!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
I've played this game for the third time now and each time, I've been introduced to a gamebreaking bug that makes the map completely invisible. The only visible things are NPCs and the background. It's a real shame because this seems like a great game, but, again, I keep losing interest in completing the game due to this issue. I see no way to fix this myself, so I either have to start the game over each time or walk around blindly for the rest of the game.

Is this the bug where the map will randomly go black, showing only the player and npcs? If so, I've encountered that myself numerous times. I've not a clue what causes it, as it seems to be entirely random, but I found that saving the game, then closing and re-launching it will "fix" it until the next time it decides to happen.

On a similar note, the game likes to randomly crash on me. Again, no clear cause, but kinda annoying. Especially if I neglected to save more than 10 minutes ago. It just freezes, and an error box pops up saying "RGSS player has stopped working", after which it closes the game window.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Decided to try out this game.
After over 15 battles I finally beat my rival.

ce108a3949d63c963e4585c5a8639b8f.png

ShadowLugia111

Birb Obsessed
Years
Um, I know this might seem like a dumb thing to do, but I went outside after talking to Professor Juniper about the starters... And when I walked back in she was blocking the door. Oopsie.

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen May 12, 2016
What software would i need to use the actual game because when i try to use it it says"There is no application set to open the document "Game.rgssad".

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
Years
What software would i need to use the actual game because when i try to use it it says"There is no application set to open the document "Game.rgssad".

There is a file called "Game" its an application file, try double clicking that and you should get it running.

On a side note, I'm with the person above who has had 15 battles to beat the first rival, currently on my 8th. Also have just noticed that the Snivy my female rival uses keeps changing. One battle it was female, the next male. The base damage it deals varies as well, like each time I initiate a battle with Alex it RNG's her a new Snivy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Are you guys talking about the very first rival battle in the first town? Because I one shot that... and every other time I faced either rival, I crushed them. And I chose Chikorita as my starter. I don't understand how the rival could be so difficult...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 3, 2017
This game looks great. Definitely gonna put it on my playlist

I would also like to apologize in advance for not browsing through every single post in every single page, but does this game include gen VI Pokemon, Fairy type, and Mega-Evolutions?

Either way, great work.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 1, 2016
Hello, there is a "bug" in the game. When you battle against a Pokemon which use Thrash, by using Torment, the foe cannot attack and we have an "error" message appears.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
Where am I supposed to deliver Pidgey's letter to? I've flew across the whole region but I can't find Milla's house, and it's not listed in the walkthrough for some reason.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Where am I supposed to deliver Pidgey's letter to? I've flew across the whole region but I can't find Milla's house, and it's not listed in the walkthrough for some reason.

I don't recall where it is exactly, but if you just enter every single house in every single city and Route, you should be able to find it. That's how I did it, at least.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 29, 2016
Hello, I'm new to this game so I wanna ask if Kadabra can evolve to Alakazam without trading. Is there anything like Link Stone or specific evolving level or somewhat that is not about trading? Thanks everyone.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
I've started making a playthrough (No commentary, just the pure game) of this on my YouTube channel, so far I'm really enjoying the game Rosile!! I got lucky and caught a Shiny Abra as well pretty early on too

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
hi i downloaded Game and unzipped it it runs until this battle against alex your rival like their first rival battle when they battle starts the game just crashes is there anything i missed doing?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Other than the random script-hanging crashes (which have been getting less frequent, luckily) I have run into an issue that totally has ruined my game.

I saved in the Pokecenter of the town where the 3rd gym is (name escapes me atm) and the game starts up and then immediately freezes. My character is completely unresponsive, but the other nurse that gives you the berries still moves around (although the animation seems to be skipping). I've put a few hours into this game so far and definitely enjoying it. It would be a shame to restart. Is there any workaround?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Hi! Thank you for making such a wonderful game! Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was looking at the Pokemon you can find via headbutt on your guide, and I was wondering what the difference was between low and high? All I've found so far are the "high" Pokemon (Combee, Spinarak, Burmy, Seedot) and I can't seem to find the others.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Hey my exp share got knock off did I really lose it? It's not in my bag and none of my Pokemon are holding it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Hello i played the game and i loved it :D.

I became champion under 12 hours and beated all off the gym's again under 15 hours.

I explored allot of those new islands but i cant seem to find sam to get the ticket for Takon.

Plz help me :p

jordinduyck25

Providence25
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I have a few questions:

One, is it possible to catch Clamperl out of trading and get it's evolution.
Two, where is the Name Rater?

Years
Sucker Punch is a Dark-type move. Ghosts are weak to dark. It sounds like you assumed Sucker Punch was a Normal-type move.

No, sucker punch shouldn't hit if you didn't attack the pokemon with a move that does damage. For example in their case they used confuse ray and it still it, which is not something the move sucker punch should be doing.

On another note, how do I get an Alakazam in this game, is it by level up?

Back