• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Gray Version!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Remember, Styles:

1.) Gray is a color.
2.) Grey is a colour.

/ontopic/
Looks like you've gotten a nice hold on this, Jake. I can't wait to see some scripts, though. ^_^
You'll get some scripts as soon as Disturbed gets an idea for a script and sends me the info *nudges Jake to get moving*

————————————————

ZZ2_08.png

I'm not sure if this is a tile error but could you show me the block data for the bridge tile that has the mountain underneath it? It looks a little weird although is may just be me. Also, there's a tile error with the bridge over the ledge over the water (which is fixable ;)).

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I'm very impressed with this, Jake. The mapping is looking just great. I hope to see some scripting soon. I wish you the best of luck on this. :]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Nice maps ya got there. Although I spotted some tile errors with the tree shadows at the base of some trees ;)
Well good luck with GREY Version :D
As I told you before, I like how they look without the shading on the bottom. It's a personal preference.

At first I thought it was an Emerald hack. :P

Anyways, the presentation's really nice. :)
I like the maps and as well as the story.
Kamon is Silver, right? :\

Anyways, I spotted a tile error on those screeny~
mbl2j4.png

Anyways, good luck~
Well, I don't see why I can't do those corners, seeing as Nintendo did them when making Meteor Falls. It's a nice way for me being lazy and also being fully capable of getting away with it. And yes, Kamon is Silver. I might as well specify that in the front post.

You'll get some scripts as soon as Disturbed gets an idea for a script and sends me the info *nudges Jake to get moving*
I don't need you for everything. I can work with my own skills until something goes really wrong and I need assistance. xD

ZZ2_08.png

I'm not sure if this is a tile error but could you show me the block data for the bridge tile that has the mountain underneath it? It looks a little weird although is may just be me. Also, there's a tile error with the bridge over the ledge over the water (which is fixable ;)).
Actually, that's as close as I can get it to perfect (talking about the water's ledge thing part), although I can try tinkering around with it some, so I can try and get a better result.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Your maps are multiplying like little rabbits.. :0
I must learn to make mine do that.

Well, hope for some updates soon! ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
You called it!

Flowara Town
ZZZZGRAY_02.png
ZZZZGRAY_03.png

Mizia City
ZZZZGRAY_04.png
ZZZZGRAY_05.png

That's all for now. I'll start a haunted forest now, for one of the gym areas.

Map Count: 15 Mapped, still need to start scripting :D

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
You called it!

Flowara Town
ZZZZGRAY_02.png
ZZZZGRAY_03.png

Mizia City
ZZZZGRAY_04.png
ZZZZGRAY_05.png

That's all for now. I'll start a haunted forest now, for one of the gym areas.

Map Count: 15 Mapped, still need to start scripting :D
Are those the emerald house tiles from Littleroot in the first screenshot from Mizia City?
Hm, there are some tile errors at the corners of the stone path. I believe I included the corners in the patch I gave you. If not, I'll send you one that does. On top of that, I also believe I created a tile to be used in front of a door to a house (which should be used in both of your screenshots from Mizia City).
I also spotted a couple of tree shadow errors at the base of some trees.
Nice updates you got there, btw your maps look weird because your using ruby.
(or is that just me ?)
Well good luck ~
Yes, he is using Ruby.
I don't see how the fact that he's using Ruby makes his maps weird-looking :\

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Well, time for some needed information. I will not start scripting until I have finished mapping everything for the first beta. The first beta goes up to Fantsha Town, which is the location of the third gym. Here is a report on what is finished, mapping wise.

Towns and Cities
Lightland Port
Flowara Town
Mizia City
Yestar City

Deadland Town
Fantsha Town

Routes
Route 300
Route 301
Route 302
Route 303
Route 304

Route 305
Route 306
Mizia Pass
Nightfall Canyon
Reaper Falls

Caves
Gravaria Abyss - Main Floor
Gravaria Abyss - B1
Gravaria Abyss - B2
Gravaria Abyss - B3

Murder Tunnels
Phantasmic Crypt - Main Floor
Phantasmic Crypt - Basement

Misc.
Darkwood Forest

Those are all the planned maps I have for beta 1, in no particular order.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Seems like you've done alot in mapping, huh ?
Well good luck!
Yeah. 15/24 maps (if I counted correctly)
I try not to start mapping anything that I won't be using for a long time (even if it's on the current beta). I've been trying to map in order.

Progress will surely go slower when I get to the scripting part, eventually. :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
yo this sounds like it could turn out sick.

just out of curiosity were you thinking of editing the sprite of the main character at all so he looks more like kamon?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Well, here is a small new thing for Gray. A user bar made by <~Flood~>
:D
grayversion.png

Also, if you look in my sig, you will see potential tiles for a haunted tileset for Gray! w00t

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Ha! mapping looks fantastic as always. It's good to stick with one part of the hack rather than being all over the place, this is going to be a great hack :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Sorry there haven't been any updates lately. Gray had a crash, sadly. D:
That means, I had to redo everything, which is being a pain. Well, hopefully there will be more updates later this month.

Back