• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.4 Released 05/18/2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    A couple things. The tiles are all messed up in Violet City but it's nothing that really messes up the game at all. Next I can't seem to progress after I beat the first gym. I need surf to go south and I can't do anything on route 36.

You need to go west from Violet City. That will trigger Kris/Ethan giving you a pokemon egg. Then you need to go back to the Pokemon center to talk with Kris/Ethan. After talking with her/him, go back west towards Route 36. Then head south towards the Ruins of Alph. That's how you'll progress, battling team rocket grunts.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Is stealth rock bugged? I had it out against Bugsy and when he sent out his Scyther for some reason Scyther flew off and my game froze.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Is stealth rock bugged? I had it out against Bugsy and when he sent out his Scyther for some reason Scyther flew off and my game froze.

I've tested it and the issue happens with all entry hazard moves. I'll check it later.

What are the johto starters s mega evoltions s types?

It is a surprise, but for next release because in the regular game mega evolutions are not obtainable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Could you please download the game again and try now if it works?

I was stuck here too. The wave ride wouldn't work even though I had Swampert. After re-downloading the 2nd build for Beta 2, I can verify that the wave ride works now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Questions: How do you get the medicine for the Ampharos? I'm in Cianwood city but the pharmacy guy doesn't sell it to me. He's just like a regular poke mart guy. Also, how do you get Skydive Ride? I beat the Cianwood gym but I can't seem to find that anywhere. There's a guy that mentions it but he doesn't give it to me.

Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Hey for some reason the OW tiles in Violet City are pretty messed up looking but inside buildings look normal.I'm using VBA.

Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.4 Released 05/18/2024]

Last edited:

Ise

Red Dragon Emperor
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2020
    So yeah, i have Walrein and I CANT USE WAVE RIDE !! Walrein is Ice-Water type, he decisively can swim =.= please fix it so i can continue to play...
    From other things that i noticed, almost all graphics from Violet City on my emulator is black (i play on visual boy advance on linux-ubuntu) and sometimes when i encounter wild pokemon, after run/win graphics of game not load and all i can see is one color screen (but i can still move and when i encounter another pokemon and run/win everything back to normal) :)
    But still this hack is GREAT, i really impress by that menu you make and new story in Johto region, thanks for you hard work and i'm gonna wait for more :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    So yeah, i have Walrein and I CANT USE WAVE RIDE !! Walrein is Ice-Water type, he decisively can swim =.= please fix it so i can continue to play...
    From other things that i noticed, almost all graphics from Violet City on my emulator is black (i play on visual boy advance on linux-ubuntu) and sometimes when i encounter wild pokemon, after run/win graphics of game not load and all i can see is one color screen (but i can still move and when i encounter another pokemon and run/win everything back to normal) :)
    But still this hack is GREAT, i really impress by that menu you make and new story in Johto region, thanks for you hard work and i'm gonna wait for more :D

The Beta 2 Build 2911192_1 has this issue for wave ride so make sure you are using the latest Beta 2 version: Beta 2 - Build 2911192_2. I played this version and wave ride works fine for me.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Is Cianwood City the end of the beta? Because I can't get the item for fly after I beat Chuck and I also can't get the secret potion for Jasmine.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years

• Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.4 Released 05/18/2024]

New Build Released!

I've been listening to your bugs reports sent via Discord, PM and in this thread. I can now announce a new update that includes fixes and new noticeable features. Here's a short list:
    • Fixed the random crashes on routes 29/30/31. No more locations with this bug is present.
    • Fixed Violet City outdoor tileset.
    • First intro screen now works with any emulator and disappears after a few seconds.
    • Fixed bug that did not start event to get the Skydive Ride after earning the Storm Badge.
    • NPCs from Cherrygrove's PC no longer disappear randomly.
    • Fixed bug with Wave Ride not working even with a Water-type Pokemon (Previously fixed but I did not announce it)
    • Route songs updated to a new ones with a better quality and volume (The ones from Gogojjtech's patch are awful, so I replaced them)
    • Low HP sound effect now only plays three times like newer generations instead of an infinite and annoying loop.

Sadly the bugs with entry hazard moves are still in the process to be fixed.

You can go to the main post to download the new release (Remember to save inside any PC and then update).

Back