• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.3 Released 05/12/2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2023
    Where can I get Riolu and the other Starters (Kanto, remaining Johto ones, Hoenn and Sinnoh)?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Where can I get Riolu and the other Starters (Kanto, remaining Johto ones, Hoenn and Sinnoh)?

It's not a 493 rom hack so far. Riolu can be found after the first Gym (Route 32), and you can choose one Hoenn starter during a quest in Goldenrod. Some Pokémon including Kanto and Sinnoh starters aren't obtainable in Johto, maybe they're intended for the post-game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2023
    It's not a 493 rom hack so far. Riolu can be found after the first Gym (Route 32), and you can choose one Hoenn starter during a quest in Goldenrod. Some Pokémon including Kanto and Sinnoh starters aren't obtainable in Johto, maybe they're intended for the post-game.

Are you sure, because I've been on Route 32 for a couple of hours and I haven't found any Riolu. Are they rare encounters or did you mistake the location?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Are you sure, because I've been on Route 32 for a couple of hours and I haven't found any Riolu. Are they rare encounters or did you mistake the location?

I just checked with the DexNav, yes, Route 32 but only at daytime (no idea what replaces it at night)

Day encounters:
    Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.3 Released 05/12/2024]

Night encounters:
    Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.3 Released 05/12/2024]

Years
  • When I try to patch a clean Fire Red rom, beat just keeps telling me that patch application has failed. I need to know what I'm doing wrong

Years
  • I'll also add that when I load the game up in vba, I just get the screen that says it's a rom hack, but it goes no further than that

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    I think I've found a bug:
    I have all 8 badges, I also have clamber ride but the game doesn't allow me to use it (it says 'the wall is very rocky.. will a pokemon scale it?').. I tried every type of pokemon, but I just can't climb rock walls, so I'm stuck and I can't reach the final league.
    Does anyone know what could I do?

Years
  • I think I've found a bug:
    I have all 8 badges, I also have clamber ride but the game doesn't allow me to use it (it says 'the wall is very rocky.. will a pokemon scale it?').. I tried every type of pokemon, but I just can't climb rock walls, so I'm stuck and I can't reach the final league.
    Does anyone know what could I do?

Do you have any Rock-type or Fighting-type Pokémon in your party? Any one will do. If you don't have, catch one, add it to your party and try again.

Years
  • 'Tis was a double post, so whatever. I completed this game back in late August, and although I quite loved it, I need to address several things regarding this romhack.

@Dr. Seuss: is it possible for you to create a documentation so that we can see the Pokémon locations? The last several pages of the thread is filled with "where can I catch <insert Pokémon>?" questions. Pokédex showing wild Pokémon locations at Kanto and not Johto does not help matters either. Also, a detailed list of which Pokémon learns which move upon levelling up and which moves via TMs would be nice.

Speaking of questions like these, I have a question too, where is Magikarp? On CFRU hacks and other GBA hacks that feature physical/special split, Gyarados is my go-to Pokémon with Intimidate / Moxie, Dragon Dance, STAB Waterfall, and coverage options. Because its typing overlaps with Totodile, I started with Typhlosion, but when I got an Old Rod before entering Union Cave, I used Old Rod almost everywhere and to my disdain, no Magikarp to be seen. This is a major bummer in my opinion.

One more thing, can you please tone down the ambush battles? While the game is way better than Liquid Crystal and Shiny Gold thanks to CFRU, the ambush battles, especially against Kris in the nearby Pokémon Daycare at Route 34 and as soon as setting foot on Blackthorn City were annoying as golduck. At least Kris should've heal our Pokémon before the start of the fight, or we should fight after healing using PC / Pokémon Center / wherever.

Noted three more bugs: one, sometimes, when returning from Pokémon screen, the in-game screen gets weird static colouring at the bottom right. Two, the in-battle HP display seems wrong. For example, Electabuzz had 105 HP and upon taking a hit that brings her (it was female) down to 97 HP, the in-battle screen showed as 197 HP (!). Three, writing Pokémon as "Pókemon" is pretty goofy. I noticed it at least twice so far.

Still, this is one of my favourite romhacks, can't wait will gladly wait forever for Kanto and Mt. Silver to be added. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    A few thoughts on this game and my experience: (spoilers are scattered throughout, please proceed with caution)

Art Design- 8.5/10
    Spoiler:

Difficulty- 9/10
    Spoiler:

Map design- 8/10
    Spoiler:

Quality of Life- 7.5/10
    Spoiler:

Story- 9/10
    Spoiler:

Event scripting- 6/10
    This is the main issue with the game I feel.
    Spoiler:

I mostly assume these are issues with the game being in beta, and would be ironed out by the next release.

Overall, I had a blast playing through this, and would definitely not mind recommending it to friends and playing through it again.
    I'd give this game a rating in between an 8-8.5 out of 10- there are still some glaring issues, but this is a 100% enjoyable experience right now, and can only see it getitng better. Massive kudos to the dev to making this game such a wonderful experience!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    A few thoughts on this game and my experience: (spoilers are scattered throughout, please proceed with caution)

Art Design- 8.5/10
    Spoiler:

Difficulty- 9/10
    Spoiler:

Map design- 8/10
    Spoiler:

Quality of Life- 7.5/10
    Spoiler:

Story- 9/10
    Spoiler:

Event scripting- 6/10
    This is the main issue with the game I feel.
    Spoiler:

I mostly assume these are issues with the game being in beta, and would be ironed out by the next release.

Overall, I had a blast playing through this, and would definitely not mind recommending it to friends and playing through it again.
    I'd give this game a rating in between an 8-8.5 out of 10- there are still some glaring issues, but this is a 100% enjoyable experience right now, and can only see it getitng better. Massive kudos to the dev to making this game such a wonderful experience!

Great review

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    First of all, this game is outstanding! I call it the definitive Johto experience. GS Chronicles kicks HG/SS's butt. Wonderful job.

I have one question, though: exactly where do you find the elemental punches? Thunderpunch is the one I'm looking for. I want to teach it to my Clefable. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Either I'm overlooking something, or the download link is borked, cause when I tried this hack out, I was only able to fight up to Falkner. The two characters in black stayed where they were and kept saying not to disturb them. So I couldnt progress beyond Violet City.

Years
  • Either I'm overlooking something, or the download link is borked, cause when I tried this hack out, I was only able to fight up to Falkner. The two characters in black stayed where they were and kept saying not to disturb them. So I couldnt progress beyond Violet City.

You need to take the Togepi egg first from Violet's Pokémon Center (or Pokémart, I can't remember right now). Only then you can proceed.

First of all, this game is outstanding! I call it the definitive Johto experience. GS Chronicles kicks HG/SS's butt. Wonderful job.

I have one question, though: exactly where do you find the elemental punches? Thunderpunch is the one I'm looking for. I want to teach it to my Clefable. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

You can teach your Clefable Thunderbolt later; besides, I don't really know where the elemental punch move tutors really are.

This all emphasises the lack of documentations, about wild Pokémon, available TMs and move tutors in this game. I do agree that this is better than vanilla HG/SS; but the lack of them really hurt.

While on the subject, I have to ask another question, where is Goldenrod Game Corner? Is it removed? In vanilla Johto games, this place featured important TMs, held items, and Pokémon as gifts, and its removal severely hurt it in my opinion. For my other concerns regarding this hack, see here.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Update- Found what I was after. Had to look up a Youtube video to find the next step.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    Where can i find a ralts in this game? I tried to look at route 36 and national park thanks to previous comments and thread but it is not at those place . I also tried to use the dexfinder app and its not appearing.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Where can i find a ralts in this game? I tried to look at route 36 and national park thanks to previous comments and thread but it is not at those place . I also tried to use the dexfinder app and its not appearing.

Route 32 at night.

Back