• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.4 Released 05/18/2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    hey, don't know if anyone is aware, but you should not use teleport outside of battle. it brings you directly to the Pokémon League which cna bring to a soft (or hard) lock.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is this a difficulty rom hack? The main battles were made so much more dificult

It's not one of those insanely difficult rom hacks that expect you to build competitive teams with perfect IVs, swap members in and out, have a full team early on, or retry every battle 100 times... but yes, it's much more difficult than a regular Pokémon game. The important trainers have good AI and actually use strategies that may destroy unprepared players. Early gyms play a lot with accuracy lowering/evasion rising tricks so they can be annoying if you don't have something to counter that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2023
    Anybody know where Scyther pops up? Haven't had much luck figuring out when the bug catching contest is available.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Scyther can be captured in Bug catching contest, every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday during the day (not night)
    And Metal Coat can be obtained at Lake of Rage, in change of a Heart Scale iirc

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Can't get this game to work on my Everdrive, anyone ever tried themselves and or have any ideas?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    hi guys, i am stuck, please help
    i already fought gym leader Claire, then when i go to the Elder Ryuken, i didn't get any quiz, he already said "you have shown that you can be entrusted with one."
    but i still don't have the last Badge
    am i missing something to trigger the event?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Well, i've finished the game but i dont remember very well: did you defeated Team Rocket at Goldenrod City before? And i dont know if mean anything, but i defeated all trainers in Dragon Cave before talk to Ryuken.

EDIT: have you tried to pick up Dragon Fang on right side of house where Ryuken stand inside? (need to surf)

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Guys is this hack dead? just asking because this topic startet in 2014 and the game is only "half" completed?
    Some more info of rebooting on new fire red engine?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    bug report, in olivine city at the beach, when encountering trainer battles like this the game freezes (maybe because it would cause 3 trainers want to battle me at once?) had to restart the game from hours before, well rip me

Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.4 Released 05/18/2024]

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    Well, i've finished the game but i dont remember very well: did you defeated Team Rocket at Goldenrod City before? And i dont know if mean anything, but i defeated all trainers in Dragon Cave before talk to Ryuken.

EDIT: have you tried to pick up Dragon Fang on right side of house where Ryuken stand inside? (need to surf)

i had picked dragon fang, golden road tema rocket was cleared, trainer in dragon cave cleared also
    i even tried to start again from the very first city to check what was missing...still the same.. :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    i had picked dragon fang, golden road tema rocket was cleared, trainer in dragon cave cleared also
    i even tried to start again from the very first city to check what was missing...still the same.. :(

update, i came again to goldenroad, and surpirse!!! team rocket is back (i cleared it before) i checked radio tower, the blue hair man at the top was there, but i can't interact with him...

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    With blue hair man you mean Archer? You have Mega Bracelet/ Mega Evolution? Without them you cannot fight him. You can get it at city where you fight gym leader Mort (forgot the city name lol), from the elder inside the tower up the kimono girls theatre (dont remember if you have to fight them first)

To evolve Scyther and Onix, just use Metal Coat item as any evolutionary stone.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Guys is this hack dead? just asking because this topic startet in 2014 and the game is only "half" completed?
    Some more info of rebooting on new fire red engine?

The current release is already using CFRU. And the Johto part is complete, you can play it from start to end (no Kanto post-game yet) but beware of certain bugs other players have mentioned. No idea if the project is still alive and whether are any updates coming in a near future.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    I really hope it gets continued. I saw a youtuber playing it and I am excited to play it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2022
    Hello, I wanted to say I love this hack so much I created an account to talk about it! This is really the ultimate version of Johto and it improves upon so much of the games, especially the story. I've been having a blast playing it and have been recommending it to everyone I know!

I do have a burning question however, and it's regarding shiny Pokemon. Has the shiny rate been increased for this romhack (version 2.6)? And is the Dragon's Den Dratini supposed to be shiny? I just got my eighth badge and in this casual playthrough (no shiny hunting and minimal grinding) I found a shiny Seedot on the second route of the game. And now, I just answered all the questions correctly for Dragon's Den for Extremespeed Dratini, went to the PC to get it, and found the Dratini is shiny as well.

Is this supposed to happen/is anyone else having a similar experience, or is this just all my shiny luck going into this one playthrough (instead of the main series games where I could really use it) ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is this supposed to happen/is anyone else having a similar experience, or is this just all my shiny luck going into this one playthrough (instead of the main series games where I could really use it) ?

The Dragon's Den Dratini is shiny, and has perfect IVs. I don't know if the game has increased shiny rate, but if it does it's probably not by much, in my playthrough I only found one shiny besides Dratini and Gyarados (An Aron) and that was while chaining with the DexNav (which supposedly increases the chances once the chain is big enough)

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Okay so I found where to go to get to the league. You have to go where the safari zone normally is in HGSS. Now the issue is there's a hiker and a Cubone blocking the way and I can't figure out how to get past them.

Back