• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.4 Released 05/18/2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    is the new version compatible with older saves by any chance?

It should, since there aren't big game changes in the latest builds, it's bug fixing according to the changelog. Make sure you rename your save file accordingly if the updated rom has a different name.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How come I cant use crush ride in the game

That has been answered a few posts above. If you have the required badge and any of the compatible Pokémon types on your party, and it's still not working, try updating to the latest version.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    I got the latest version 2.6 I got after I got a badge they gave it to me and I tried heaps of pokemon no luck

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2023
    Guys is there a way to trade in this game (I mean like you would with someone else, link trade and all)? I can only find the move relearner and deleter in the pkmn center.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Guys is there a way to trade in this game (I mean like you would with someone else, link trade and all)? I can only find the move relearner and deleter in the pkmn center.

You can't trade in rom hacks that have... well, hacked Pokémon, move sets, abilities, etc. You're still playing a (modified) Fire Red Rom, anything that didn't actually exist in Fire Red would be detected as illegal or corrupt data and wouldn't be available for trade.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2023
    You can't trade in rom hacks that have... well, hacked Pokémon, move sets, abilities, etc. You're still playing a (modified) Fire Red Rom, anything that didn't actually exist in Fire Red would be detected as illegal or corrupt data and wouldn't be available for trade.

I meant trade as in trade between two copies of the same rom hack. Also it is sometimes possible to trade between rom hacks, I've been able to trade between radical red and unbound.
    It seems though that trade in gs chronicles is physically impossible, the ladies in the pkmn center aren't even there.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
    I meant trade as in trade between two copies of the same rom hack. Also it is sometimes possible to trade between rom hacks, I've been able to trade between radical red and unbound.
    It seems though that trade in gs chronicles is physically impossible, the ladies in the pkmn center aren't even there.

The reason why there's no option to trade between two copies of my romhack is because the trade/link battle system is corrupted and every time you try to do it the game crashes or get a link communication error. I'm not sure how to fix it

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2023
    The reason why there's no option to trade between two copies of my romhack is because the trade/link battle system is corrupted and every time you try to do it the game crashes or get a link communication error. I'm not sure how to fix it

Thank you for your answer, and congrats on the great job you did with this rom hack!

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    It is here now 18.06 but still can not go in because withney is still broadcasting. Does the time not working on my emu?

P.s love the game

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    No second woman in the radio tower?

I did the thing with oak and co

Attachments

• Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.4 Released 05/18/2024]
      Screenshot_20210120-183738.png
      97.6 KB · Views: 22
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    ok so... if complete fire red upgrade is added to the hackrom, i think it would be a great idea to add wild dynamax battles similar to the ones seen in pokemon unbound (i think they added it in radical red too, but i haven't played that game, so i can't say if they added it or not)

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    ok so... if complete fire red upgrade is added to the hackrom, i think it would be a great idea to add wild dynamax battles similar to the ones seen in pokemon unbound (i think they added it in radical red too, but i haven't played that game, so i can't say if they added it or not)
    Z moves will be added in future dynamax is a possibility

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Started playing yesterday noticed a big bug, it can cause a possible soft lock... Everytime you use a staircase to move horizontal!y (example to move from the path to the left of Mr. Pokemon's house just before the uncut tree you can't go back up the stairs. Luckily I saved before doing that action otherwise I would have started almost the beginning from an earlier save. Happened again when I moved horizontally when I went for an item, luckily there was another pathway out. Please correct ASAP.

Also when saving the game, the menu pops up again and I get an unpleasant grinding noise when I do (using MyBoy emulator). The game saves fine but the menu pops up immediately and you have to press B to close it.

Otherwise it's been fun so far, a light game (also playing reborn at the same time).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Started playing yesterday noticed a big bug, it can cause a possible soft lock... Everytime you use a staircase to move horizontal!y (example to move from the path to the left of Mr. Pokemon's house just before the uncut tree you can't go back up the stairs. Luckily I saved before doing that action otherwise I would have started almost the beginning from an earlier save. Happened again when I moved horizontally when I went for an item, luckily there was another pathway out. Please correct ASAP.

Also when saving the game, the menu pops up again and I get an unpleasant grinding noise when I do (using MyBoy emulator). The game saves fine but the menu pops up immediately and you have to press B to close it.
    Hmm I wonder if the issues you are experiencing are specific to the emulator you are using: I checked the stairs you were experiencing the bug at (using the visualboy advance-M 2.1.4 emulator) and was perfectly able to use them. Granted, these specific stairs have a minor visual glitch of making the character appear walking through grass, but nothing major on my end. Similarly, saving works fine on this emulator.
    I'd suggest changing emulator and see whether the issues you are experiencing are still ocurring. Also check if you are using the newest version of GS Chronicles. The maker is very busy with developing the Kanto section from what I can read, so asking them to fix something ASAP might not be appreciated with so many other things to focus on.

So far I can say I have played through this game all the way to the 7th gym last week, while encountering no game breaking bugs, which I think is impressive given the amount of content. Yes the texts contain some typo's and grammar issues but again, this is low priority and can wait until other core elements of the game are finished (Kanto).
    I am truly impressed by this game, as it actually includes things to the Jotho region I always wanted: increased difficulty and a larger variety of pokemon to base my team on. The rides system is great as well, and I find myself for the first time making full use of all my team members, instead of having a single one or two for battling and the rest being HM slaves. I hope to give more in depth feedback once I have finished this game.

Back