• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2012
    Anyways I finished the demo. My team and my opinion are as follow.
    My team is Munkadro lv.20 and Pireel lv.12

The demo was alright. That rival girl could use some real personality. Or some development before she starts to yell and go crazy. The story in the beginning went by quick... and whats up with the Aaron dude? I loved the cries of the Fakemon. Anyways just get better with the personality of characters and get better pacing for the story and your good.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Yeah, I finished the demo not too long ago myself, my team was...

Salavern: Lv.20
    Arachnia: Lv.6
    Flujay(the traded one):Lv.16

One question I have, is is it possible to catch moston anywhere in the demo? I did notice on the route with the bush maze there is tall grass there, despite no pokemon appearing, so maybe thats where you plan on putting him.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Moston and Twittle are only catchable in the gardens. They are very rare, however.

Wait, I'm confused, are the gardens the maze area I was talking about? Because as I said, literally NO pokemon appear when I'm running throught that grass at all. Unless you were implying they will be rare when you put them in the game.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I played a little bit of the demo, and a couple things bothered me. The starting town's music was too short, and I was annoyed at how much it kept on repeating. Another thing that bothered me, was the characters' dialogue. It wasn't really Pokémon-ish, and was really boring.

Last but not least, I was mainly disappointed at how similar this game was to B/W. That's really what interested me, was how unique the game was. But then, most of the game's graphics were changed to B/W and I was disappointed. It's good to have a few B/W things in your game, but the game's way too close to B/W.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • I played a little bit of the demo, and a couple things bothered me. The starting town's music was too short, and I was annoyed at how much it kept on repeating. Another thing that bothered me, was the characters' dialogue. It wasn't really Pokémon-ish, and was really boring.

Last but not least, I was mainly disappointed at how similar this game was to B/W. That's really what interested me, was how unique the game was. But then, most of the game's graphics were changed to B/W and I was disappointed. It's good to have a few B/W things in your game, but the game's way too close to B/W.

The starting town's music was originally something else, but was changed because we thought this better suited it.

The characters' dialogue is something in which we want to break away from the Pokemon canon with by making it more...realistic, I suppose.

D: That makes me sad. It really does. Especially since the older graphics were HGSS, so how were they unique? They were either poor tiles, or public tiles, while these present tiles are all original and in the BW style that many aren't using. I thought it was even more unique by doing so.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Custom tiles with HGSS palettes pwn! Or just rip tile from HGSS, as I did. =O

aquakip

Years
  • So...you suggest that I recolor my current tileset with HGSS coloring? Pretty much up the saturation?

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Well.. Not sure if B/W tiles would go for that, but you can try. If that doesn't look good, I'd suggest ripping or custom.

aquakip

Years
  • They are custom tiles. Completely scratched. I just went for the BW style, is all. I think as the game progresses, the tiles will become more...appealing, given the wide range of biomes/areas Emort has.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Well, don't base em on B/W. D:
    They don't look good, not saying that your tiles are bad, it's just not the right tiles for an rpg. They don't look nature-like when walking around, it doesn't feel like your in a forest, like in Ilex forest for example.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • It just wont open for me-.-

I click it, the black screen comes up, that little error sound goes off and then it shuts back down...

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • About the RTP, there should be a way to distribute the game without it. I know you can do it in RPGmaker2003 by making sure you arent using any RTP files (or if you are- copy them to your project folder) and then typing some stuff in the .ini folder.

It means people without rpgmakerXP can play it. really expands the possible audience.

EDIT:
    google is winrar. can't link to other forms, thank Rydin @ rpgrevolution.com
    Spoiler:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • About the RTP, there should be a way to distribute the game without it. I know you can do it in RPGmaker2003 by making sure you arent using any RTP files (or if you are- copy them to your project folder) and then typing some stuff in the .ini folder.

It means people without rpgmakerXP can play it. really expands the possible audience.

EDIT:
    google is winrar. can't link to other forms, thank Rydin @ rpgrevolution.com
    Spoiler:
    There is a way, you do it by compressing the game data from within rmxp it self. It turns it into a .exe for anyone to play. I told Starrmyt but apparently they don't want to do it this way.

Anyway, I'm gonna download the demo right now. Looking forward to it.

Edit: Downloaded and extracted in winrar. Found the game.exe, which wouldn't open so I assume you need to open it in rmxp or install the rtp? Anyway, the lack of an ability to find the files anywehere else on my computer, and not being able to paste stuff into winrar made me give up on the game for now. I'll wait until there's an easier to play version.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back