• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
  • In order to get the game to work:

Open the game.ini file and replace "RGSS104E.dll" with "RGSS102E.dll"

Anyway onto the demo:

This is by far the best fan-game demo to date according to me.
    I love the graphics, I love the Story, everything!

A little note, though. The music is kind of inconsistent.
    Sometimes, it's awesome new music, sometimes it's the standard RMXP or Pokemon Gen3 music, and they dont all fit together very good.

Also: A bug, When a Pokemon, in-battle, but not on the field, levels, the game doesn't notify that the pokemon has leveled or show the stat changes.

Years
  • Is the final game going to be Black/White looking?couse I don't like how it is right now.(In my opinion)

Also don't like how the sprites are tall.I liked how the sprites size is in the support bar.

Last edited:

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • *sigh*

Here we go again.

I am sorry (even though I have no need to be), but these tiles are the finalized tiles. We wanted to keep up with the present style of the pokemon games. When I announced that we were changing to BW style, no one said anything about it being a bad thing, so I thought it'd be fine.

Now when the demo is out, I find that people dislike them. I do not know why, it's amazing. Like I have told Cilerba via VM, these tiles make our game a bit different from other fan-games because none have them at the moment (that I'm aware of). So I'm sorry, but they're staying. I really don't understand why people think that's such a bad thing. Instead of being squat tiles, they're more realistic and taller.

Personally, the game looks better this way. It fits.

This will also allow more freedom and creativity, from my perspective, because of the way the BW tiles are. Seeing as everything is taller, I can put more detail into things and get you the best graphics possible. That's my whole position on the game, the graphics. When people say they hate them, or dislike them, it really upsets me because I'm doing everything I can to get you the best graphics possible. I really am trying.

If it's variation you want, there will be loads of different tiles in the game. Just you wait! I think you'll all enjoy the finished product of the game and be happy we switched to BW graphics.

------

Now about the winrar file/RTP. We were on a time crunch and wanted to get the game to the public on January 1st, 2010 and not a day later. So instead of researching the best way to do so, we just did it this way because it works, if you download the files like instructed. People are getting the RGSS104E.dll error, yes, but many have posted here in the thread how to fix that.

And it's really not that difficult.

So if you can bare with us and possibly settle for the BW style graphics, it would mean a lot to us because that's how they're staying and even though I really want to do what the public likes best, I feel that this is the best way to go with the game.

------

Now, something I'd like to bring up. I've been thinking about the menu system and hate it, because it's default. So, I was wondering if anyone would like us to go to a dual screen, whether it be the standard on, a side screen, a half-screen at the bottom, etc. This might change some things in the game too, so you never know! It could be good for the game. We would also be introducing the mouse module (if we can get it scripted in)

------

I've begun work on the game. I've started changing things, updating things, re-scripting things. We'll try to get the updated demo out within the next month. So look forward to early February.

------

And that's all! Please respond accordingly. :P

Years
  • Well I shouldn't be really judge the demo.Because the demo isn't always the finished game so I will wait for the finished game.

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • Just played it, it was really good! I actually like the BW graphics; I just finished drawing up a BW tileset for my own game last night. I think it's important to stay current and go with the way the Pokemon series is going.

My only criticism would be that some of the dialogue seems a little out of place for a Pokemon game; mainly the speeches at the start about university & being a valedictorium etc.

But yeah, great game! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2012
    BW graphics are good. However it could use some brighter colors. They grass looked dead.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Well I like the tiles because their different.And I know its just the demo, but when you release the next installment,i suggest you give it a more...realistic?feel .Like wind blowing or leaves falling off e trees into a pile , something like that.And I dislike the trainer's backsprite,his head seems....weird....

Also, he is right about the music being inconsistent.I guess you guys might need a composer to help with that though.

And there are no random items lying down! D:I caught an Avey hoping I could find a random potions, and there weren't any. Other than that,i am enjoying it so far, despite the few event errors.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • xD I found a few so you can scratch that.Also I found this on a spanish site.The world map suspiciously almost looks like yours but wayyy off.

link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

DigimonMaster

Lurkermon
    Years
  • I keep getting the same error as masterchief as well. I re-tried the event multiple times, twice after choosing Pireel and twice after choosing Kittorch I get the same error every time I try and battle Selene.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I keep getting the same error as masterchief as well. I re-tried the event multiple times, twice after choosing Pireel and twice after choosing Kittorch I get the same error every time I try and battle Selene.
    Put rubysceen.dll in the folder. -.-

Years
  • I'm just starting it but I like it so far, although the limbs on the OW of the main character are a little odd, they just look like little circles, but it could just take some getting used to, otherwise I like the look of it, the little I've seen. It crashed at the first fight with that girl, I thought I saw a fix for that though so I'm going to go look.

I'd love to see a dual screen or something similar, they make the game look even more special, and a mouse module would just make it easier if you guys can work that in I would love to see it!
    ___
    As I play:
    I would like to see some text from the mom about His change in career choice. Aaron seems to be the only one who cares. I agree that the backsprite for the trainer in a little odd.

Last edited:

PaulUrchin

Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.
    Years
  • http : //img703 .imageshack . us/img703/8638/heliobacksprite . png

I did I quick resprite of your Male protagonist... Im sorry but the one in the game looked like he was giving everyone a trollface. jk.

Due to the restriction in the forums for post count I have to put spaces in the URL. (Hope that ain't rule breaking) Maybe you can use this for inspiration?
    (Feel free to use it if ya want it is essentially yours)

And Yes I did sign onto these forums to give you this XD

aquakip

Years
  • Actually, I was just starting to fix it! So you've inspired me even more to make it better. xD Thanks for respriting it, but it's not in the same style as all other sprites, so I'm doing it by myself. Sorry. :(

PaulUrchin

Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.
    Years
  • np dude, happy to help ya.

I'm a bit of a spriter and an idea guy, I thinking of signing on to help think up side quest ideas and some gym leader + Elite 4 sprites

TomE22

Feelin' fine...
    Years
  • I'm playing the demo right now and I found a a couple of bugs, which I don't think have been mentioned.

Firstly, inside some buildings you can go through the walls into the dark 6 steps, I think.

Also, the first time you battle Aaron, if you loose, when you come back for a rematch once you enter the town you'll stop. The dialogue will run and the battle begins. If you win, he talks a bit and then you can't move anymore, and have to restart the game.

Also there are some errors that you probably have noticed: Some characters in the second town don't speak and on that town's pokemart there is a gen 3 sprite.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the demo for now.

aquakip

Years
  • I'm playing the demo right now and I found a a couple of bugs, which I don't think have been mentioned.

Firstly, inside some buildings you can go through the walls into the dark 6 steps, I think.

Also, the first time you battle Aaron, if you loose, when you come back for a rematch once you enter the town you'll stop. The dialogue will run and the battle begins. If you win, he talks a bit and then you can't move anymore, and have to restart the game.

Also there are some errors that you probably have noticed: Some characters in the second town don't speak and on that town's pokemart there is a gen 3 sprite.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the demo for now.

ooh, I forgot to fix that, too. Man I suck at this. xD

Progress is moving along nicely. I'm updating the graphics a little, from the default look of Essentials. I've changed the bag screen, the badges, the pokemon party screen.

It seems that I forgot to copy the file before deleting all of the others before uploading...so we have to go back a few events and work from there. So I'm getting the demo back to where it was at the moment, which shouldn't be that hard, because we only lost a couple changes.

After that, I'll be changing the ocean graphics, then working on the bugs that everyone found. By the time I finish that, it should be early February and everyone can expect the updated demo with all or most of the bugs fixed.

Look forward to a graphical update in the coming days, maybe a screenshot or two from the next city. :)

Years
  • will demos be (somehow) compatible with current save files or do we have to start over?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back