• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon HGSS: Sevii Islands (Beta 3.3 now out!)

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
  • Great idea love generation 2 can't wait to see what come from this project. Maybe you could add a battle against leaf and say that she settled down in these island after red went to mt. silver. Just a suggestion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    Great idea love generation 2 can't wait to see what come from this project. Maybe you could add a battle against leaf and say that she settled down in these island after red went to mt. silver. Just a suggestion.

That's a possibility for sure! I'll see what I do with Leaf. Thank you :)

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    im not sure if it was fixed yet but when i first downloaded the game and played it, after i selected all the options at the start and arrived at the sevii islands the game seemed to run unreasonably slow, and mind u this is coming from someone who plays on a potato computer that barely ever sees anything higher than 15FPS so if i feel like its running slower than even that it must be impactful

anywho was just curious as to if that got adjusted or not cuz i did want to play this game but i cant if it runs so much slower than most other pokemon fan games i play :(

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    That's a problem with your pc. Something with the editor causes the slow down.

i doubt it considering this is the only fan game this has happened to on my computer and ive played at least 25-30 different fan games for pokemon and never saw that issue til now

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    im not sure if it was fixed yet but when i first downloaded the game and played it, after i selected all the options at the start and arrived at the sevii islands the game seemed to run unreasonably slow, and mind u this is coming from someone who plays on a potato computer that barely ever sees anything higher than 15FPS so if i feel like its running slower than even that it must be impactful

anywho was just curious as to if that got adjusted or not cuz i did want to play this game but i cant if it runs so much slower than most other pokemon fan games i play :(

It is a known problem, but I'm working very hard for Beta 2.0 to reduce lag by much, and then I'm very sure you'll be able to play it well :) Thank you for your input!

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    Cool, apart from the chapter thing, it seems a very good project. Keep up and good luck!

What do you mean "apart from the chapter thing"? You don't like the concept of chapters as a story progression meter?

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I don't think chapter separated is a good thing, look how pokémon games work, no chapter just the whole story.

and yet fan games like rejuvenation and reborn pull it off quite well and thats just the first 2 that immediately come to mind, there's a few others ive played that could do such a thing but i cant recall their names off the top of my head

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
    Years
  • So i played it but right after the intro the game drops frames hard core. I have played other game that do this but this was on old hardware this is slow down on my new pc. love the idea here just wish the lag was removed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    I don't think chapter separated is a good thing, look how pokémon games work, no chapter just the whole story.

They aren't separated, all 10 chapters will function as a whole story. It's not like each chapter is it's own separated story, so don't worry about that. I'm just using chapters as a story progression meter, since there are no Gyms in the Sevii Islands.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    So i played it but right after the intro the game drops frames hard core. I have played other game that do this but this was on old hardware this is slow down on my new pc. love the idea here just wish the lag was removed.

As I said before, lag is a known issue. I'm working very hard to reduce it and I'm very confident the next release will reduce the lag by a lot, so hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the game then :)

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
    Years
  • As I said before, lag is a known issue. I'm working very hard to reduce it and I'm very confident the next release will reduce the lag by a lot, so hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the game then :)

Yea I understand the part i played was epic great job love the idea of going after the other two dogs and the fact that you actually give the player a party to reflect the fact that hgss has been played in full celebi event as well looking forward to the next part of the game. If you need any help story wise I would love to help. Also did u make a titleset for this?

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    Yea I understand the part i played was epic great job love the idea of going after the other two dogs and the fact that you actually give the player a party to reflect the fact that hgss has been played in full celebi event as well looking forward to the next part of the game. If you need any help story wise I would love to help. Also did u make a titleset for this?

Great to hear you've enjoyed the game so far! :) I don't need storywise help right now, but thank you anyways!
    You're asking if I made a custom tileset for the game? Well, I did make a custom tileset, with the majority of tiles not made by me, while some were made by me, or just altered a bit. For example, the whole interior of the Harbour (with the exception of the ferry and the water) were made by me; some buildings farther in the game were also made by me, the vast majority of the Rocket parts were edited by me, and some also made by me, etc, etc.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
    Years
  • Great to hear you've enjoyed the game so far! :) I don't need storywise help right now, but thank you anyways!
    You're asking if I made a custom tileset for the game? Well, I did make a custom tileset, with the majority of tiles not made by me, while some were made by me, or just altered a bit. For example, the whole interior of the Harbour (with the exception of the ferry and the water) were made by me; some buildings farther in the game were also made by me, the vast majority of the Rocket parts were edited by me, and some also made by me, etc, etc.

Nice keep up the good work looking forward to playing more might do an lp of the game if your okay with it.

Back