• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaffleGod 4.0

Weaver of the Eternal Circle
    Years
    Rain? What the heck is she doing here? And why was she hiding? Luther had a million questions, and a million things he wanted to say. But now was not the time. For they were indeed surrounded by a large crowd of people, most of which were likely to ignore anything and everything they discussed. Still, Luther didn't want to take that chance. He was also very, very hungry. And standing around chatting wouldn't solve that little problem. He stepped back a bit, ensuring that both Brad and Rain were within his field of vision, and began to speak.

"We've got a lot of catching up to do, missy. And Brad here has a lot to be filled in on. Since I'm starving, and I'm sure you two could use some food yourselves, why don't we go find someplace to eat? We can chat on the way. Besides, Brad's right. We can't really divulge the secrets of life, the universe, and everything with all these people around!"

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I was utterly disgusted, being ignored by the teens, it was just insulting!
    I wasn't going to pass up a good chance to learn about the unknown creatures. they wern't about to tell a teen though... I was going undercover as a younger AJ. I tugged on brads shirt, " remember me?" I asked him.
    " what do you know about the unknown?"

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    OOC: Perfect.

IC:

Brad felt AJ tug his shirt and looked down to see the kid,

"Take it easy there man." Brad said as he was more focused on what Rain and Lutehr have to say on the matter.

Shellshocker began getting pumped when Rain asked for a battle. Brad smiled,

"Sure why not? Maybe a battle can bring some life to this dull island." Brad suggested.

"But careful!" Brad shouted before Rain could move, shocking her a bit.

"There's a high tide!" Brad said, the same self-introduction he always says before he starts a battle.

Shellshocker jumped in front of Brad and glared at Rain and raised its lips at her unleashing its menacing fangs.

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
    "I don't think the winds bode well for you, go Electra!" Rain shouts, and a Jolteon appears out of her Pokeball. Alright Rain, time to put your new strategy into practice, I really should thank Lorelei for this one of these days, she thinks. "Electra, start with a Pin Missile, but combine it with your Thunderbolt attack!" She commands, and Electra sends a fury of needles at Shellshocker, but also zaps them with electricity, making them electrified. With my electric version of the ice missile tactic, its gonna be hard to win.But I better play it safe, just in case, she thinks. "Electra, at the first sign of an attack, use your Double Team!"

Last edited:

Houndoom1

Kimimaro
    Years
    Mace tripped over after trying to catch his breath. He only tilted his head upwards without much effort. Mace noticed the battle going on between Shellshocker and Electra. "Wow alot hs changed over 3 years." He said to himself. "People do that." His Dark Side replied. "Execpt for you, your still a pathetic coward. Now get up." Mace sighed and slowly go up from the ground. He was about to move, but decided not to. "This could be a good match. That jolteon has the type advantage." Mace said. Mace then remembered that his Flygon, Glider was still out of it's Pokeball. He quickly returned it to the Pokeball and then continued to watch the battle.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Brad jumped at the very sight of the fierce electric attack.

"Shellshocker! Quick! Rapid Spin!" He commanded.

Shellshocker jumped into the air towards the needles, pushed its body into its shell and began to spin around very, very fast. The needles bounced off the spinning Wartortle and darted around in various directions across the street.

DragonQueenRachel

Years
    "Impressive," Rain says, and then pauses. If I read him as well as I think I do, maybe I should test his skill in more than battle, she thinks, and raises the Pokeball she had been holding before. "Electra return," she says, and the electric pokemon vanishes back into its pokeball. Rain takes the other two pokeballs off her belt as well as the one containing Electra, and drops them on the ground, which confuses the crowd. "Consider this one a test," Rain says with a chuckle. "A little thing I learned from a man who I would perfer not to name. Have your Shellshocker attack, and you'll see just what I mean."

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Just like the confused crowd, Brad is puzzled as well.

"What is this?" Brad asks.

The Wartortle ends its spin and pops out of its shell and stares at the two pokeballs in front of it.

"This is weird." Brad says to himself.

Not knowing what to do Brad thinks a bit and finally comes up with an attack.

"Shellshocker, use your withdraw move!" Brad suggested.

The equally confused Wartortle shrugged and did as it was told and hid in its hard shell.

DragonQueenRachel

Years
    So far he dosen't have the guts to try an attack, he suspects a trap, Rain thinks, looking at the pokeballs at her feet. And he's right. I've calculated how long it takes for an opponent to attack, and for a trainer to counter it, when the command is given, one second has passed, after 3 seconds the pokemon has reached its target, after 4 seconds the attack is charged, and in 5 seconds it is released, giving me just enough time to mount a counter strategy with the pokeballs I layed on the ground. Giovanni might've been evil, but he sure knew how to test an opponent's strengths and weaknesses, she thinks. "So, are you going to attack, or just have your pokemon withdraw from the battle?"

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    Nakaba sat their in lilycove watching his pokemon sleep "I need to know more about the unkowns." He thought.Nakaba stood up walking over to his charizard "get up you've been sleeping for..." Nakaba checks his watch "3 hours that's alot for you."Nakaba started nudging charizard."Wake up you big lug." He said then started kicking charizard. Finaly a misfired ember wakes up his charizard.Nakaba returned his other pokemon and flew towards cinnabar on charizard."you woke me up to fly back to the stinking island."Charizard said angrily

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Brad scratches his head. He has no idea what's going on and no Pokemon are out to really battle, so what is he supposed to attack? Her? Isn't that not the point of a Pokemon battle? Besides that's against the rules and if he wants to continue the life he has now, he would have to follow these rules.

"Listen.. umm... I have no idea what you're trying to pull here. And you don't have any pokemon out so umm....." Brad blurtted out as he was getting pretty confused.

Whatever Rain's pulling doesn't make any sense, at least not to Brad.

"Um... Shellshocker come close to me." Brad said

The Wartortle jumped up and slowly walked back to Brad without taking its eye away from Rain or the Pokeballs. He stopped when he was closer to Brad.

"Okay.... withdraw again." Brad said.

Shellshocker held a confused look on its face and did the same move again and hid within its hard shell.

WaffleGod 4.0

Weaver of the Eternal Circle
    Years
    He was still hungry, but Luther was never one to miss an opportunity. Somewhat restless, his Dragonite began looking around, trying to find some place to eat. Preferrably a bakery, as it had developed a fine taste for pastries during a trip to Blackthorn City a few years ago. Luther himself watched the battle, observing and studying the battle methods of the two trainers. Rain was of particular interest.

I've seen something similar to this before, he thought to himself. In a normal situation, it would be pretty easy to deal with. But what is she trying to pull? She's provoking Brad into attacking, but there's nothing to attack! Unless Rain is the target herself...? No, that couldn't be it. She can't be that crazy! I hope.

He didn't do this very often, but having no idea what she was planning, Luther was intensly focused on the battle. So much so that his hunger slowly began to fade, as his mind shifted priorities. Though he saw the child he met earlier standing near Brad, he chose to ignore the boy for the time being. There would be time to answer his questions later.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    Watching the battle I realized how hungry I was, I was just completly starving!
    I saw what the girl had done, it was strange, very strange, what was she up to?
    I rubbed my thinned stomache, it was sad, I could feel my ribs, I think one is broken... I told myself as I rubbed it and it stung. probally nothing though I told myself. I relaxed myself and focused on the battle, who was going to win? I didnt know but had a strong feeling I would in a few minuites.
    I looked over at mace, he looked a little on the wimpy side.

Last edited:

FullmetalxFangirl

...ily...
    Years
    Lena continued to sit behind the warehouse, one hand on her arcanine. She had been sitting like that for the past two hours or so. The time for her to strike was drawing near - the Sun was moving slowly through the sky to the west, and when only the faintest glimmer of light remained over Cinnabar ... she would make her move, and Cinnabar Volcano would erupt. Sure, a few innocents might die. But Maxie had said that doing this would be a favour to them all - there would be more room four houses, and pokémon would have more room to live, grow and evolve. Who was she to question the man that had cared for her as if she had been his own child for so many years? All that time, she had felt like she was doing nothing in return, but he had promised that this deed would more than make up for the sacrifices he had made on her part. He had told her so many things and made so many promises ... and Lena believed them all.

DragonQueenRachel

Years
    "I know whats going through your head, you think I've gone crazy, leaving my pokeballs on the ground, and myself defenseless. If I may quote Shakespear, 'Though this be madness, yet there is method in it!'-Hamlet, Act 2, scene 1," she says with a smirk. "If you want to see the method in the madness, you must do more than have your pokemon use withdraw," she says with a chuckle. After all, even though its against the rules to have a pokemon attack another human, if the target sends out a pokemon, it changes everything. Speed is important for the trainer, as well as the pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    The day grew hot and the battle between the two Trainers became more out of the ordinary. Brad changed the position of his surfboard at hand. His hand got a bit tired of staying in the same position holding the surfboard for a while. He looked around a bit sort of spacing off and looked at the crowd with some looking back at him.

"Um okay then..." Brad muttered.

The Wartortle popped out of its shell again and stood there snarling and getting frustrated of not attacking.

"By saying that, you do know that you at least need something out otherwise you'll have to forfeit. I mean I'm not gonna have my Shellshocker here attack you. That's crazy talk." Brad explained.

The crowd shook their head in agreement.

"She must be setting some kind of trap... I think I mean it's getting obvious that something is up. I'm not gonna do what she says. I'm not that stupid." Brad thought to himself.

The Wartortle was beginning to get more frustrated and more confused as it doesn't really know what's going on and because of that it's getting angry.

"You know what.. this isn't worth it... I'm not going to attack you. That's not the point of a Pokemon battle." Brad explained as if he has just learned something.

Exactly what did he do in his past? Either way, he is not going to allow this battle to continue, at least not like this.

"Call me what you want, but I'm not going to instruct Shellshocker to attack a Trainer." Brad explained.

The Wartortle grew big eyed and turned to Brad very surprised as if this is the first time he has turned down the chance to attack.

"You heard me, come back, it's not worth it." Brad said referring to the bogus battle.

"Come back to me when you want a real battle. Later." Brad said a bit angry.

The Wartortle smirked and made a fist towards Rain and followed Brad who is leaving.

He was going to ask her what she knows about the unknown creatures too, but after this he is a bit angry with her and would rather off finding his own answers anyway.

The crowd moaned in disappointment, a waste of their time. The crowd of people slowly broke going back to their business of whatever they were doing.

Brad started to head towards the volcano of Cinnabar; if he wasn't going to find answers here then he may by meeting up with an old friend..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back